BS members supporting (poor) kids in Brazil

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by jupal, Apr 18, 2014.

?

In which way would you prefer the money to be collected/donated?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2014.
  1. to 1 organisation directly (their acc)

44.8%
  2. to 2 organisations directly (their acc)

20.7%
  3. to more than 2 organisations directly (their acc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. for us to collect and buy stuff eg toys, jerseys & food (in contact with 1 organisation)

3.4%
  5. for us to collect and buy stuff eg toys, jerseys & food (in contact with 2 organisations)

17.2%
  6. for us to collect and buy stuff eg toys, jerseys & food (in contact with more than 2 organisations)

13.8%
  7. other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    That's great we already got 6 donations :)

Also regarding the "Recife thing" I will talk to someone from 1 organisation (o pequeno nazareno - children village) tomorrow now I am not sure how @clubamericalara wants to do the whole thing or wether we do in on 2 occasions (different places?) I guess some might have more time for example on the 21st/22nd when I am not there and now sure how americans feel about supporting an organisation found by 2 Germans near Recife either :p well I will let you know what the outcome of the conversation will be and if they even think it's a good idea to give food/footbalgear/toys and what they think would be good to donate etc.

I also encourage you guys to do something while you are in Brazil too there are many great organisations in all cities maybe people can come together in a different city too and do something similair.

scooterz repped this.
  2. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
  3. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I have made a donation, but would also like to give something more memorable than cash. I have already bought about 20 Team GB sweatbands, from the London Olympics (see link below), to give as small gifts in Brasil. I wondered if I, and any other Brit who would like to do the same, bought more we could arrange for them to get to someone who will be in Recife on the day of the visit. This would make a nice sporting link, London-Rio, and I actually think they are quite cool.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea and if so, who I/we could ship the sweatbands to. If any other Brit wants to contribute PM me as we should try and pay only one lot of P&P.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331096784181

scooterz repped this.
  4. Federico Insua

Independiente
    Argentina
    Jan 30, 2014
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hi, everyone just made my donation. Not easy getting dollars out of Argentina, but I found a way. Anyway, I was saying that I also vote for clothes and toys, as Ken mentioned above we can also bring clothes or toys apart from raising money here as well.

When we visit my family in Rio, we always take luggages full of clothes and toys to give away. If you havent gone there yet, you will be surprised at the poverty. Let's keep this up, the hard part was starting it now lets just keep bumping it up until many more get involved. Take care everyone and have a wonderful World Cup!

Stuckin1au and scooterz repped this.
  5. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    So I did talk to someone from the organisation well it was just a call however and they have one guy working near where I live so looks like they want me to explain more what I mean tomorrow and see when would be best etc.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  6. Federico Insua

Independiente
    Argentina
    Jan 30, 2014
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, harder than I thought, had to try 2 different credit cards but finally went through today. Hope I dont have this same difficulty with FIFA. Anyway, over $1100 c'mon everyone lets make it at least $5000 (to start). Bumping!!!!

Stuckin1au and scooterz repped this.
  7. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Great idea, Ken - I wonder if anyone will have heard of my Edmonton FC jerseys?!? Perhaps Toronto will be a bit more popular = )

Stuckin1au repped this.
  8. roka2

roka2 New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    donation in place. no problems getting it done. thanks for the app (now i have tkts to 2 matches) and for directing proceeds to a cause benefiting underpriviliged kids in Brazil.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  9. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donation sent. I didn't use the app as my home computer is a Mac, but nonetheless I am sure the proceeds will do some good and bring some happiness. Thank you for doing this.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  10. semi_vest

semi_vest Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Pleased to say donation made, i think we should now be just over $1,500!! Keep up the good work all and spread the word. Massive thanks to Jupal and Scorpyn in particular, amongst others, for getting this up and running. You should feel very proud.

Stuckin1au and whiskerxx repped this.
  11. superchromix

superchromix Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    made a small donation - we are over $1500. wow.

scooterz repped this.
  12. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Any donation big or small is welcomed warmly

scooterz repped this.
  13. morecast

morecast Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Donation done.
    Is the idea of donating tickets still on?
    I have some that i would be willing to donate.
    Please let me know.

14. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Stuckin1au repped this.
  15. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Donation made. Keep them coming.

16. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    33 and counting, lets hope 50 in the next 24 hours and the fix will be ready;)

17. Nick Sewell

Nick Sewell New Member

Dec 27, 2013
    I have donated. Great cause, keep em coming.

18. Macos11

Macos11 Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Vaasa, Finland
    I made a small donation. Now let's hope the kids will get a nice surprise for the WC.

19. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Any and every donation big or small is appreciated the members on this forum is a large one so if we can tap into the sheer volume of members then we can accomplish an excellent outcome for the kids in Brazil.

20. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right. I'm on the board of directors for a small charity and I can tell you that a lot of small donations can add up quickly.

I hope there aren't members here holding back because they feel what they are able to donate is "too small" and won't matter. We all understand that not everybody can afford to contribute a large amount, so even a very small amount is helpful.

Also, I wish the donation thing wasn't tied to the scanner earlier. I know it's not meant to be, as this is a donation from all of us in this online community. I've not used the scanners at all, but I feel like I'm part of the BS community, so that's why I wanted to donate.

So if you haven't donated yet please consider it, the process set up by jupal is super easy to use: https://www.justgiving.com/teams/BSisDonating

samconnie repped this.
  21. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Excellent post spot on in so many ways including the scanner part.........Free Will is the most basic part of us all when making decisions. Hence why the scanner should never be tied to it.

samconnie repped this.
  22. morecast

morecast Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    I know more donations have been posted in the Scanner thread.
    Just bumping this one so it has more visibility.
    Come on BS community!!!!

Stuckin1au repped this.
  23. Roberto Larcos

Roberto Larcos New Member

Celtic
    Scotland
    Apr 19, 2010
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Post-donation bump.

Well done everybody!

24. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Super super excited to see the generosity everyone is showing in donating for this good cause!

People are awesome indeed!

Stuckin1au, whiskerxx and scooterz repped this.
  25. Pedro62

Pedro62 Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I notice that this thread and the associated donation site have gone quiet. I urge those of you who have not yet contributed to make a donation no matter how small. You will find that donating provides a great deal of satisfaction. https://www.justgiving.com/teams/BSisDonating

scooterz, Scorpyn78 and whiskerxx repped this.