BS Cup XV

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the rules, signup, and discussion thread for the 15th annual bigsoccer.com cup. As your (self-appointed) Deity of the BS Cup, I am happy to announce the format for this year's cup. Notice the small change I made to the starters rule punishment.

We will do the same format as last season again, this could change if demand is not great enough, but as of right now, we will start with two tournaments.

1. BS March Madness Early

This half of the tournament will be open to all BS.com teams, and will consist of a single elimination tournament with the brackets formed in a random fashion. All games will be played cup-rules at a neutral location of the team's choosing. This format allows participation in the cup, but should be shorter than a group-based format, allowing for flag chasing or other pursuits.

This cup is expected to start around the same time as the IGN. If first round matches have not been played by the end of Cup round 9, the match is ruled a forfeit.

2. BS "I got next" Cup

This will be a traditional, group based cup that is open only to teams that are in the bottom two divisions in their nation (in the USA, this is D.V and D.VI). Depending on the number of teams that sign up, we will have groups. With that number, we will have a proportionate number of teams make the knockout round. Wins will be worth 3 points, pk losses (i.e., ties after 120 minutes) worth 1 point, losses worth 0 points. Points will be used to reseed teams for the purposes of the knockout bracket. The group play will be home-home against each team in the bracket. The knockout bracket matches will be 1 leg neutral ground. No teams from the same group can meet each other in the first knock out round.

In the case of ties within a group, the tiebreakers will be (in order) head to head, goal differential, goals scored, fewest goals allowed, fewest disciplinary points, and average home attendance. In the unlikely event that there is still a tie, then it will be settled by the largest bribe to the tournament administrator.

***Rules Common to Both Cups

1. DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS: July 16, 2008 (two weeks from today, same day as cup round 5)

2. FIRST BS.COM CUP MATCH: July 23, 2008 (three weeks from today, same day as cup round 6).

3. All games will be played under cup rules.

4. To signup: post in this thread your a) team name, b) team series, c) which cup you want to enter, and d) post your standard league starting 11, this will be the list used for the 3 or 4 starter rule depending on the tournament. Teams will be allowed to post a new "league lineup" if/when they upgrade a position and drop a player from the first team to the second team

6. Since this is a friendly/ reserve cup, your starting lineup should be mostly reserve players. Only 4 players from your posted league lineup will be allowed to play in their league positions in IGN games. For the MM, the limit is 3 since these teams are more well established. If you have 17 or fewer players you will be allowed to add additional starters to be able to field a full team, but you will be ridiculed and told to go buy a cheap $1000 28-year old passable IM. This is the dcuntied memorial rule. Starters can be named as subs. If you play more than the appropriate amount of starters, you will be given an automatic 5-0 loss. (This rule is in place because of team's winning games by more then 7 goals.)

7.If you accidentally schedule a friendly other than your BS.com match for the week, you will lose by a walk-over score of 5-0.

8. If a team has not accepted your challenge for a BS Cup match by the Monday before the match, post it in this thread and a member of the duo will check on it and award the walkover. Don't always just schedule the friendly and hope he accepts, if he hasn't accepted by Saturday, send him/her an ht-mail to remind them.

9. the BS.com Deity may add rules (in a fair manner, or bribery) as the need warrents it. All decisions are final (but I'm not really that heavy-handed, as past participants can attest to).

If you have any questions, PM me, or post them to this thread.

Sign up below with your team name, tournament you are entering, series number, Team ID, and standard starting 11 league lineup.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raytown Rangers 82 (72187)
    III.6
    MM

Maddox - Moody, Ajofrín, Frouws - Aragonés, Buranasomboon, King, MacAndrew, Graham - van Deurne, Arnold.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hello.... hello... hello... hello.... echo... echo... echo....

4. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RustyTrombones (8538)
    IGN
    VI.855

here to defend my IGN cup. Although if nobody else signs up that should be pretty easy.
    Lineup to come before start of cup.

5. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Los Borrachos de Calhoun (225200)
    IGN
    V.178

line up will be given before the start.

6. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Morgantown South End (225419)
    IGN
    VI.1005

7. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus North End, MM IV.27

8. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AFC Real Eurosnobbery SV
    IGN
    VI.433

Starting XI

Mike Perkins
    Marceli Sajko
    Aaron Wetzel
    Jud Jones
    Clarence Bennett
    Ted Lyman
    Erwin Staley
    Armando Garcia
    Lee Ojeda
    Jason Heafield
    Juan Carlos Baltierra

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depew Village FC (226227)
    V.237
    IGN

I don't have a starting XI right now, I'm selling some guys. I'll post it soon. More than likely, I am only in the BS this year to get matches.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok with 5 teams, in the IGN, it's going to be round robin with the top two going to the title game. So each team will get 8 games this season.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its not too late (today was the deadline)

Utah Elite (226464)
    VI.573

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I can get you in, hold off scheduling friendlies (this will actually make the cup shorter and easier to do.

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Would Depew Village FC be my first opponent?

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Site is still being updated, but here is the new round 1

Home team first
    Round 1
    RustyTrombones - Morgantown South End
    Depew Village FC - Utah Elite
    Los Borrachos de Calhoun - AFC Real Eurosnobbery SV -

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes see my last post

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my League XI...
    van Kan
    Golden - Negoita - Mullins
    Parent -- Chmiel - Brugnera - Patino -- Galasinski
    Adam - Tyler​

I've had a lot of turnover, and it should continue. But, I don't think this will change much.

20. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starters: Casas - Granyena, Fernández, Pyle - Meador, Schneider, Basurto, Naquin, Benno - Kok Leng, Madeira

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Russ, Medley, Brady, Barragan, Kelogg, Honeycutt, , Fortier, Daniels, Duran, Brown, Brizuela

22. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RustyTrombones first XI
    Fritz - Graves, Demare, McCord - Garcia, Sosa, Gassend, Lombardi - Wolgast, Kelcher, Wheeler

23. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Capellino - von Wolffskeel, Mills, Roberts - Perfeito, Haslimeier, Dollet, Erda, Black - Nossa, Perez

24. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    D. Unza - A. Dziewul, J. Moreno, P. Bobadil- J. Marks, M. Monteag, T. Farah, P. GilliD. Smith
    -R. Lavisse, Ž. Mate

Los Borrachos de Calhoun

25. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Result

Borrachos 3-1 Eurosnobbery

I got a man advantage just after giving up the 2-1 goal, due to Borrachos having no subs, then my first youth academy product picked up his second yellow in the 86' and it was all over--quick score for the coup de grace. Good luck in your next game, Borrachos.

78% possession. Obscene.