BS Cup 14

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the rules, signup, and discussion thread for the 14th annual bigsoccer.com cup. As your (self-appointed) Deity of the BS Cup, I am happy to announce the format for this year's cup. Notice the small change I made to the starters rule punishment.

We will do the same format as last season again, this could change if demand is not great enough, but as of right now, we will start with two tournaments.

1. BS March Madness Early

This half of the tournament will be open to all BS.com teams, and will consist of a single elimination tournament with the brackets formed in a random fashion. All games will be played cup-rules at a neutral location of the team's choosing. This format allows participation in the cup, but should be shorter than a group-based format, allowing for flag chasing or other pursuits.

This cup is expected to start around the same time as the IGN. If first round matches have not been played by the end of Cup round 9, the match is ruled a forfeit.

2. BS "I got next" Cup

This will be a traditional, group based cup that is open only to teams that are in the bottom two divisions in their nation (in the USA, this is D.V and D.VI). Depending on the number of teams that sign up, we will have groups. With that number, we will have a proportionate number of teams make the knockout round. Wins will be worth 3 points, pk losses (i.e., ties after 120 minutes) worth 1 point, losses worth 0 points. Points will be used to reseed teams for the purposes of the knockout bracket. The group play will be home-home against each team in the bracket. The knockout bracket matches will be 1 leg neutral ground. No teams from the same group can meet each other in the first knock out round.

In the case of ties within a group, the tiebreakers will be (in order) head to head, goal differential, goals scored, fewest goals allowed, fewest disciplinary points, and average home attendance. In the unlikely event that there is still a tie, then it will be settled by the largest bribe to the tournament administrator.

***Rules Common to Both Cups

1. DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS: March 26, 2008 (two weeks from today, same day as cup round 5)

2. FIRST BS.COM CUP MATCH: April 1, 2008 (three weeks from today, same day as cup round 6).

3. All games will be played under cup rules.

4. To signup: post in this thread your a) team name, b) team series, c) which cup you want to enter, and d) post your standard league starting 11, this will be the list used for the 3 or 4 starter rule depending on the tournament. Teams will be allowed to post a new "league lineup" if/when they upgrade a position and drop a player from the first team to the second team

6. Since this is a friendly/ reserve cup, your starting lineup should be mostly reserve players. Only 4 players from your posted league lineup will be allowed to play in their league positions in IGN games. For the MM, the limit is 3 since these teams are more well established. If you have 17 or fewer players you will be allowed to add additional starters to be able to field a full team, but you will be ridiculed and told to go buy a cheap $1000 28-year old passable IM. This is the dcuntied memorial rule. Starters can be named as subs. If you play more than the appropriate amount of starters, you will be given an automatic 5-0 loss. (This rule is in place because of team's winning games by more then 7 goals.)

7.If you accidentally schedule a friendly other than your BS.com match for the week, you will lose by a walk-over score of 5-0.

8. If a team has not accepted your challenge for a BS Cup match by the Monday before the match, post it in this thread and a member of the duo will check on it and award the walkover. Don't always just schedule the friendly and hope he accepts, if he hasn't accepted by Saturday, send him/her an ht-mail to remind them.

9. the BS.com Deity may add rules (in a fair manner, or bribery) as the need warrents it. All decisions are final (but I'm not really that heavy-handed, as past participants can attest to).

If you have any questions, PM me, or post them to this thread.

Sign up below with your team name, tournament you are entering, series number, and standard starting 11 league lineup.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raytown Rangers 82
    MM
    iv.30
    Maddox - Chang, Ajofrín, Frouws - Aragonés, King, MacAndrew, Jacobsen, Mansour - van Deurne, Arnold

3. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Morgantown South End (225419)
    IGN
    v.175
    Capellino - Roberts, Von Wolffskeel, Melvin - Black, Dollet, Erda, Haslimeier, Sarmasik - Nossa, Perez

Could everyone include their team ID so that we don't have to hunt around for it when we are scheduling these games?

4. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depew Village FC (226227)
    IGN
    VI.559

Perry - Aubert, Mullins, Gillespie - Juarez, Chmiel, Patino, Sellers, Galasinski - Tyler, Sanchez

5. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RustyTrombones (8538)
    IGN
    V.183
    Lau - McCord, Whitney, Graves, Chang - Sosa, Garcia, Stounberg - Kelcher, Wollgast, Granollachs

6. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Smurfs FC
    ign
    dvi.397

isbell-han,zuniga,Sgallari,- Gijzen,thyuin,Freriks,urbano, Rojas- Matsson, libak

now libak and Eyzaguirre are sometimes switched as div starters but will play in friendlies for training

7. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Bottom Feeder FC (228885)
    IGN
    VI.482

van Beem - Panetta, Pineda, Haahr - Rossano, Elkins, Van De Lanotte, Tikkanen, Yngvesson - Wahllund, Smallwood

8. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Daverules FC (226324)
    IV.9
    MM

Radu - Aprile - Villasenor - Radu - Altman - Delaporte - Saylor - Barbosa - Catalano - Loubet - Kakela

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ign - 5
    Mm - 2

10. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus North End
    IV.27
    MM

I'll post my starters in a bit.

11. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casas - Pyle, Fernández, Marchena - Moro, Roßgoderer, Naquin, Vincent, Reuven - Kok Leng, Madeira.

12. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Los Borrachos de Calhoun (225200)
    IGN
    VI.415

lineup to be submitted before the tourney begins

13. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoover Vacuum Keeners (225968)
    MM
    VI.511

Yeah, I know I don't have any chance in MM, but I'm flag chasing right now, so...

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MM-4
    IGN-6

I'll try to have everything up tonight, but I'm currently taking some night classes on SQL 2005, so I'm getting home fairly late.

Deadline is tonight.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doing the draw now. Site will be up shortly

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    first team lineup for Los Borrachos de Calhoun (225200)

David Unza - Andre Alfaia, Jose Maria Moreno, Paulo Bobadilla - David Smith, Mirko Monteagudo, Tomas Farah, Oyvind Henanger, Juan Carlos Amuscotegui - Zak Mate, Richard Lavisse

19. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Damn it! That's what I get for only relying on my CP for my HT news on here.

Can't believe I missed it. This was going to be my year too. :eek:

20. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    If you don't have a friendly this week, you can play me in the Ultimate Bigsoccer Super Challenge Cup since my opponent is tied up elsewhere.

Daverules FC (226324)

21. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Challenge sent to you.

22. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Accepted! Prepare to face my miserable scrubs!

23. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    My scrubs aren't even good enough to be in your scrubs reserve team. :D

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither game was played this week, so both are up again this week.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One game from the IGN is still going, I'll finish updating the site when the game is over.
    http://www.ht-arena.com/raytownrangers82/?page=BS Cup 35 IGN

For round two.
    Home team first
    RustyTrombones - Los Borrachos de Calhoun
    Bottom Feeder FC - Morgantown South End
    Depew Village FC - The Smurfs FC