BS Ads not showing up - a bad thing

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by cafrine, Mar 15, 2003.

1. cafrine

cafrine New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    is GONE
    i know you get some ca$h from ads on this site so just wanted to point out that they aren't showing up, and haven't been, for the past couple of months. not normally a bad thing, except that in Netscape 7 this causes an error window to pop up 2 or 3 times (for each ad) saying "The connection was refused when attempting to contact In.doubleclick.net" ON EVERY BIGSOCCER PAGE. this is really annoying, and it gets in the way of surfing the site.

this happens with banner ads on a few other websites so i assume it is a problem with that particular ad server?? regardless it is annoying and i haven't figured out a way to fix it so i'm posting here

2. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Doubleclick has only been up on the site for 2 weeks, and they show up fine in our offices on both netscape and IE. I'm curious if others have this problem as well.

3. cafrine

cafrine New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    is GONE
    yes, the address that used to show up on the error messages was for mediasomethingorother and then things worked fine for about a week before the doubleclick error started showing. i guess i'm the only one :(