Bruno Labbadia: Fired! Who takes the reigns of the stallion?

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by THOMA GOL, Aug 26, 2013.

1. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Mumbo

Mumbo Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well they've appointed u-17 coach Tomas Schneider. Ballsy move on several levels, but I guess it's better than waiting until December.

3. JB-Bundesliga

JB-Bundesliga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thomas Schneider is 40, and a former defender, mainly for VfB. **They've reportedly signed him to a 2-year contract.** Hope he can adjust quickly to the big time from coaching teenagers. New assistant coaches are Alfons Higl (age 48), also a former defender, mainly with Köln; and Tomislav Maric (age 40), a former striker with Stuttgarter Kickers and Wolfsburg (for the most part).

I know someone has to take the hit -- that's the way this all works -- I'm just not sure how these moves are supposed to improve anything drastically on the field. I tend to be somewhat sympathetic to the coaches unless they're making clearly bone-headed strategic moves during games, or something. Don't recall that with Labbadia. The players just aren't performing. Still, this will certainly shake things up. Just hope we don't continue to spiral down during the transition.

4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Funny quote from Schneider... "There is clearly more going on than my last press conference with the U17. "

6. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Interesting article on Schneider. LINK Sounds like Bobic didn't have high hopes that Labbadia would last very long.