BRRRRRR....It's Cold Outside - January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Are you referring to De Sciglio or the Croat with the bad knee?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your trolling has become weak.

gumbacicc repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Your scouting is terrible. You have yet to give a good reason to go after a player who tore up his knee, is getting little playing time and then declare that he will solve our problem at right back. For all we know, he could make things worse. He is not even a player we are after, it is Napoli that has shown interest. So don't give me shit about trolling.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I can only imagine what Falc would have been saying had it been Alex Sandro or Cuadrado that had made the blunder De Sciglio made that cost us the Supercup.

scirea6 repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You fret over that exhibition trophy?

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Excuses. Not surprised.

scirea6 and Dante repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have zero scouting game. Based on many of your past remarks it's clear that you're not familiar with players that don't play for Juve and maybe the Italian NT.

It's not my fault that you can't understand that a player who is better than the two current players, and sub we've used for said position, would be a good pickup. I've never claimed that he's a world star, that he's the best RB ever or even right now.

Not only is your trolling getting weak, but your reading comprehension as well.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am not the one making silly outlandish statements that a two-bit Croatian player who sits on the bench for a La Liga side that is neither Barcelona or Real Madrid and is recovering from a PCL tear and MCL sprain will resolve our situation at right back, which does not exist to the false level you believe it to be. When you hate a player, you are as blind as they get.

So I will give you another chance. Explain the qualities Šime Vrsaljko would bring to Juve that will resolve our right back situation. I am certain you understand that request as you have followed the player closely.

9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Stating that Vrsaljko is superior do that stupid useless piece-of-milanista-shit De Shitlio is not and outlandish statement. It’s simple fact.

And even if they had had to amputate his leg, Vrsaljko would still be head-and-shoulders superior to the Italian. Let him role his ass around the pitch in a wheelchair for all I care. Just anything other than De Sciglio.

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    News break - De Sciglio is a Juventino.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We hadn't noticed from the inadequate defending and his awkwardness on the ball.

scirea6 and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  12. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    you guys are wayyyy too harsh on De Sciglio. Give the guy a chance to prove himself.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember that two bit Argentinian sitting on the bench for an English side that was neither Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc? Yeah, that's just one player you were dismissive of. There are plenty of others that proved you wrong, but please, by all means keep professing your infinite knowledge of who is and isn't good. It's done you so well so far.

Šime Vrsaljko has better ball control, better reading of the game, better defending skills and a better attitude that our RB's, he doesn't roll around theatrically when he's fouled like the Swiss RB we have.

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Your love for foreigners and your hate for Italians. Which Argentine champion are your referring to now. The one from your beloved Manchester City? Oh, you are talking about Tevez. I called it right. He blossomed under Allegri because Conte wants strikers who chase and defend. But Tevez did the dirty work for Conte and received praise from me. He had his stretches of scoring and then not scoring like most strikers. Not the prolific scorer week in and week out you were predicting him to be..

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, he said repeatedly over the years that he’s a lifelong peelanista. Hardly surpising considering he came up through their youth system.

And that’s where the c*nt should have stayed.

Any proclamations he makes about being Juventino are lies meant to assuage supporters like me who believe that he’s useless garbage and stealing a living from my club. Admitting that he’s a lifelong Milan supporter now would be like asking for a 2x4 to the face.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    His chin just does not do it for you.

juveeer repped this.
  17. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He’s already been given enough chances by the rest of Italian football. If he was Brazilian, Falc would be one of his most vociferous critics.

But because he’s Italian, people make excuses for his shittiness and will continue to do so until f*cker is over 30. So until then, I’m gong to pick up the slack for the other side... the side that hates mediocrity.

I’ll admit that the inbred fetus look doesn’t do it for me. Guilty as charged.

gumbacicc repped this.
  18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL - You are killing me.

scirea6 repped this.
  19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have a love for foreigners or hate Italians, you're just being you at this point. I've always said that I want the best player for the team, regardless of nationality. Find me a better Italian player that Juve can sign now. Keep in mind I wanted Juve to go after Conti, but Milan got to him first. And I just have to LOL, Tevez was excellent his first season here, under Conte. You didn't call anything, you were wrong about him. He had 22 goals with Juve in his first season, no, he wasn't good or anything.

gumbacicc repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    No, you didn't call it right. That's just blatantly false. You were saying how he wouldn't be anything special or make a difference. He was one of the key players on a team that almost won a Treble. Newsflash, as you put it, Tevez was a great player BEFORE he met Allegri. He scored more than a goal every two games for us. That's an excellent return. He was a fine player for us. Too bad it didn't last longer.

Every once in a while you might increase your credibility by conceding when you're wrong instead of doubling down on mistaken projections that only you believe to be true.

scirea6 and Dante repped this.
  21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let's see what happened that first season with Tevez under Conte. We won the scudetto. We crashed out of the Coppa to Roma in the quarterfinals. We crashed out in the group stage of the CL. We could not overcome Benfica in the EL semifinals with a second leg scoreless draw at home. And the final was played in our own stadium. So Tevez scored a bunch of goals here and there and lead the team in scoring. So did he make a difference? No. I called it correctly because under Conte, strikers have different responsibilities.

Now under Allegri, it was different. He did make a difference and was a key player. But my assessment was when we purchased him with Conte as our coach. I was spot on. The facts show so. Do not question my credibility.

ArtemioD repped this.
  22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Here we go again with this ridiculous argument that, essentially, if the team doesn't win a Treble, a player isn't a difference-maker. By that logic, Messi shouldn't be bought because Barca didn't win anything last season. Clearly, Tevez was a massive upgrade on the other attacking options and was far more prolific than the other strikers. It's false to think that Allegri was somehow the only guy that helped Tevez develop as a player; as if he wasn't an established international, a Champions League winner, and one of the best strikers in the world before Allegri managed him.

Dante repped this.
  24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So was Tevez brought to satisfy you and Dante to have a goal scorer who almost scored 20 goals? No, he was acquired to get us the CL, which we were not even close that season. If anything, the argument is that we regressed with Tevez as we got eliminated in the group stage of the CL. But I had no trouble with Tevez coming to Juve nor his first season with us. All I stated was that under Conte, he was not going to change how the team played and I was correct. Conte has his strikers doing a lot of dirty work that takes them away from scoring goals. Tevez was on and off during that first season. He scored against Samp, Lazio, Verona, Fiorentina, Genoa, Catania, Livorno, a hat trick against Sassuolo, a brace against Verona, then Torino, Milan, Catania again, a brace against Parma and one more versus Sassuolo. He had a single goal in the EL, none in the CL. Nothing to hang one's hat on. So we won the scudetto for a third consecutive season. He fit into Conte's scheme but was not a difference maker. Not like you or Dante wished.

ArtemioD repped this.
  25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I honestly dont see whats wrong with Falcs saying.........