BRRRRRR....It's Cold Outside - January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    So we miss out on the potential answer to our right fullback woes and bring in another average midfielder that we don't need. Brilliant. You can just see this happening.

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If there' any truth to the Emre Can it's because it's another Marrotta special. In any case Lirola loan is coming up this summer so I would like for him to get some minutes for us.

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    A team such as ours should be going after proven commodities rather than speculating on prospects like Lirola, particularly where the right back position is a glaring weakness. If it's true that Vrsajlko (sp?) could be had for 18M, why not bring him in, use De Sciglio as a backup who can play on both sides, and offload Asamoah?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So is this Croatian now the best right back in the world? How come such a fuss is being made about him?

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That sounds far too plausible.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He was highly touted before moving to Madrid, and fuss is made around these parts because we've had guys like De Sciglio and Sturaro start at right back.

scirea6 repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Literally nobody has said he's the best right back in the world, but we have repeatedly said that he'd be an upgrade over what we currently have.

You're just trolling now.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marotta: "Leon Goretzka and Emre Can are two players with expiring contracts. I don't hide the fact that we are following them both, along with many other teams. The will of the players will be decisive"

9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Marotta actually manages to sign Goretzka (who’s almost certainly to move to Bayern next summer), then I will found the first Mattia De Sciglio fan club.

Dante and phat repped this.
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His name came up a few times this summer, but I think Marotta wanted to do another one of his wait until the contract is up deals, and then watch him sign for someone else.

11. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lirola has been doing well at Sass. Regardless, who exactly are these proven commodities? Vrsajlko is proven? What did Danilo prove to be sold for 35m? Alex Sandro wasn't proven... I just don't understand what is the basis for player acquisition. Lirola has been doing well and coming back he could grow similar to how Sandro did and be worth 70m.

12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Which is incomprehensible to me when we’re talking about a talent like Goretzka. Sometimes all you need to do is just sign the damn check and be done with it.

13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    There's a reason that Atletico bought him. Alex Sandro was also a key player for a top side before we bought him; hence why we paid almost 30M for him.

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You claim he is an upgrade but can't give a reason why. I just do not see any reason to get excited about some unknown defender playing in La Liga.

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He’s not De Sciglio. There’s your reason.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, Falc is just trolling now.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He is not Zambrotta. So who is he? Just declaring him not to be another player has no significance. So once again, why the big fuss Dante?

18. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I followed Sandro at Porto and I can tell you nobody on this board and practically in Italy including the pundits knew who he was. They paid 26m because of his agent and potential. They went in early and hard because they knew he was being promised/groomed for a switch to Spain.

Athletico would not be selling that cheaply if that was the case. The only other factor could be the player hasn't settled in and wants out.

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Alex Sandro's deal came out of nowhere for sure. I remember being linked to Siquera from Atletico beforehand. But I wouldnt say he was completely unknown, I remember him and Danilo playing very well vs Bayern when Porto beat them 3-1.

20. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nobody at Porto is an unknown. They are the Udinese of Europe - bringing in foreign talent, acclimatizing it, flipping for a profit. If Italian teams really didn't know Sandro then they have some of the worst scouts in the world.

@Falc the reason V. is a decent signing is he's a guy who has had above average performances in our league, he is relatively young and the price isn't outrageous. He's never going to be a world beater but he could be a solid team player like Licht was. When Stu and De Sc are going for 12-15m+, Conti for 25m, Danilo for 32m, and Zappacosta/Darmian are quoted at 30m+, 18m for a solid squad player with league experience is a good deal. Especially given he's more of a two way player than some of those guys.

gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  21. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nobody knows anyone at Udinese. Porto a little more because they have the advantage of CL football. Sandro was not a world beater nor did he play for a top club or in a top league. He didn't blow up over one game vs Bayern either.

Vrsajlko being a squad player at 18m I would rather Lirola.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So this big fuss is about a squad player. The rumors are coming from the Napoli camp supposedly as they are looking for a replacement for Ghoulam. Vrsaljko has not played much for Atletico and he is still recovering from a ruptured ligament to his knee. But he will resolve our situation at right back!

St. Michael's Sword and phat repped this.
  23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He'd make more sense than De Sciglio did but management rarely make moves that seem logical to me. I think Allegri may have too much control in the personnel department at the moment and the team is worse off for it.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We have yet to get past the first chapter with De Sciglio. Why do people hate him without giving him the opportunity to show that he is worth having?

juveeer and phat repped this.
  25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he's 25 and is a crappy player. He's not going to magically turn into something good.

scirea6 and gumbacicc repped this.