BRRRRRR....It's Cold Outside - January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I clearly remember a lot of people here saying Tevez was no good for the locker room and a CL choker.

I'm also pretty sure Tevez scored the most CL goals in his career in 14/15 under Allegri.

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He was purchased to improve the club. He did that given that he was an upgrade at that position. That they didn't win the Champions League wasn't his fault. We played a historically-good Barca that were favorites against us in the Final in the second season. You think the club would have been better off with a guy like Giovinco starting or Tevez?

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scored 22 goals for Juve in his first season, not almost 20. He filled a hole that was desperately needed. How was our attack the season before, or before that? He took pressure off of our midfielders who were picking up the slack in goal scoring. To even insinuate that we regressed with Tevez is laughable.

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #229 Falc, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    You ignored everything I wrote. Not surprised. Upgrade position? This is a team game. He upgrades the team. Again, I had nothing against Tevez but he was not this upgrade in position his first season that made Juve a better team. It was not his fault. It was how Conte used his strikers. You and Dante pictured him being capocannoniere of Serie A as if that was important. It is not. He fit into Conte's scheme. The strikers scored 41 goals that season with the bulk going to Tevez (19) and Llorente (16) while the midfield netted 29. The season previous, the strikers combined for 34 goals with four players picking up most of the goals and the midfield contributed 31. Tevez was a good acquisition as was Llorente but neither significantly changed how Juve played under Conte other than playing the majority of games as strikers.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He scored 19 in Serie A. The attack was no different the season before as I just illustrated above. The midfield still scored their number of goals and Vidal did one better scoring 11 that season. It is all to your perception of this need for a star name as a striker. You had been crying for one for several years, first with Cavani, followed by Aguero and then somehow putting Dzeko among your desired list. Tevez did well under Conte because he was a hard worker who pressured the defenders and came back for balls. The goals he scored were against the provincial sides of Serie A. If you want to hang your hat on that, go for it. My assessment was correct and based on the tactics our coach employed.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scored 22 in all competitions. Juve played in more than just Serie A.

Stick to your "who is xxx?" comments, it works better for you.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is the best you can do? You have to reach that far? One goal was against Benfica in the EL (which we did not win). Were the other two in the Coppa (which we did not win). We know it was not in the CL, for he laid a goose egg in those competitions (which we did not win).

I gave you the facts comparing the strike rates between the Serie A season. The strikers and midfielders produced pretty much at the same rate. Your problem is that you wanted a striker that would be the darling of the league. Who gives a damn. We won the scudetto two straight seasons without such a darling and the supposed darling from your Manchester City just fit the same role. Sorry that I called it correct.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We agree that it's a team game. That said, you don't think Juve are better off if Alexis Sanchez is playing in Cuadrado's role? Clearly, the more talent a player has, the better off the team is. A better player has a greater likelihood of making plays that can unlock a game than a more limited player.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #234 Falc, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Let's say I am not crazy about the Cuadrado role. I have not seen the match today other than the first 15 minutes, which we looked good. Allegri needs to get rid of this 4-2-4 variation he has been gambling with. So I do not care for Cuadrado and do not want Sanchez either.

Anyway, I was not against the Tevez acquisition. I just did not think he was going to be this great goal scoring sensation that Dante had been wishing for. Most of that was because of Conte's tactics. I think I predicted he would score 13-15 goals. He got 19 with a hat trick against Sassuolo and a couple of braces. He did exceed my prediction, which was a good thing. But he did not come up big against the more difficult opponents. Again, this lies with Conte's tactics. So whether 35 goals were scored by two strikers (Tevez & Llorente) or among four (Vucinic, Giovinco, Quagliarella & Matri), was there really an big difference? No. Tevez was a different player the following season under Allegri.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how you discount his goals because we didn't win the competition. Just so it can fit into your argument.

You didn't call anything correct, but that's ok, we're used to your scouting of talent on these boards. You like to say he was a difference maker the following season, but let's use your line of thinking here. He only scored 20 goals in his second season in Serie A, only 1 more than his first season. So, using your line of thinking, why was he a difference maker then?

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let's see, Juve finally does the double and reached the CL final since way back when. He scored goals in the CL including against Real Madrid in the semifinal and in Serie A against Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, Inter and Milan (not sure if we should count them as a big club). So he was a clutch player unlike the previous season under Conte where his goals came against the provincials. He was a different player under Allegri's tactics. So my assessment with Conte was spot on.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, using your reasoning, we didn't win the Champions League so it doesn't matter. It's also a bit funny how you need to point out the teams he scored against and how that matters compared to the first season. Again, he only scored ONE more goal in the league, that's not a difference maker (using your own logic here).

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You are the one making a big argument about Tevez being a difference maker. He was more effective under Allegri than under Conte. In either case, he was not a bum for a player. But unlike you, I could care less about individual honors of a player. I want the team to succeed. So if success comes from an average Italian player named Matri or some big name that you desire to have on the team, who gives a damn.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I wasn't, you were the one that started it all with the comment about Vrsaljko like we were making it out to be that he was the best thing since sliced bread where literally nobody said that and we argued why he would be a good purchase for the team. Then you continued on until you made a comment about my scouting being terrible, to which I replied about your less than knowledgeable scouting abilities.

15. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Ladies relax you're both shitty scouts ;):)

St. Michael's Sword and Daei_10 repped this.
  16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares...you guys often argue over some irrelevent past players. It has literally ZERO impact on us now or the future.

cizko repped this.
  17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latest Dybala interview was interesting. Mentioning leaving while he just got the #10
    What a joke we have become a selling club while ruining the legacy of the #10

He mentioned how he misses Pogba and Alves. You know the same Alves who recommended he leaves Juve to improve. And the same Pogba who put #AgentP on his latest instagram post with Dybala. Hes convincing him to move to United.

I just hope we get a good 150 for him. But knowing Marotta he will be undersold like our other stars who left.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yeah that was not encouraging.

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He's definitely gone next summer no doubt.

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Let's be honest, has Dybala really shown he is indispensable? Very good player, but we'd be stupid not to sell if someone offers a crazy sum like 150M for him.

Dante and ArtemioD repped this.
  21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup dont mind selling him. I dont like his attitude either when he gets subbed. Luckily Allegri is a coach who doesnt give a fukk if u like him or not so he subs or benches him as he wish. As opposed to if he was in most other teams he’d be playing 90min no matter what.

We can use that money for other areas but i just hope Marotta can sell him high. Not for some stupid 80M and back it up by some stupid reason

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicker and SportBild are claiming that Rummenigge has said that Juve will redeem Douglas Costa for the €40 million.

23. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Would you be happy not starting and getting subbed out while Gonzalo stays on for a full 90 nearly every game. When Gonzalo is yelling at his team mates and pouting with his head down after missed shots...

when you were here first before he came and you bagged over 20 goals to be told to play out of position and do all of the hard work because your midfield is weak and you dont have a solid right back playing behind you.

When you are a better free kick taker, but told to share duties with Miralem who has not scored one goal yet.

When you know whatever team buys you will very likely start you every game and not take you out of games early.

24. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Very happy with this, he will do great things for this team. I like his confidence on the ball and fearlessness. Looks like he plays with a chip on his shoulder, something we need much more of.

25. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Does any one know about the turkish Tosun player for Besiktas that juve is interested in? what kind of player is he?