Brilliant Oranje - The smallest nation on earth to have ever reached 3 WC finals [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^I guess I'll have to brush up on my matrix algebra and statistics now!!:eek:

2. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    More linear regression than algebra and statistics. Basically my major... would be interesting to do some more in depth analysis of their relationship. Maybe, if i have time/really bored, i'll do it. Maybe find some outliers / better indicators.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^Cool, glad to have another stat-head aboard. It's been a lot of years since I had statistics and am glad that we have spread sheet programs these days. A lot of years ago when I took quantitative chemical analysis we didn't even have calculators and all calculations were done using 5 place log tables. We ran triplicate samples and I ran through lots of lined paper doing the additions and subtractions! It wasn't until I was in grad school that the first handheld calculators appeared and of course all computer programming was done on mainframes using Fortran! You guys have it really good these days!

4. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nerd alert! Jeez don't you guys have some Dungeons and Dragons you need to go play or something?

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What are you talking about?

6. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Just a joke. Carry on with your maths.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  7. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh yeah, it's almost all computer programming. Math is a great major which has only gotten bigger recently and will continue to grow.

8. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Boetius, Vilhena, and Mike Van der Hoorn are the new names in the preselection for the upcoming WCQs.

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Leaked kits for the WC 2014:

link

Dutch kit:

[​IMG]

12. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's interesting, not sure why we would go back to the old badge but I'm not complaining. It's a nice kit

13. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks nice but they should make the lion crest black, just like the old days.

[​IMG]

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So guys and girls, who should be the next NT coach? Louis wants to quit after Brazil and the KNVB wants to decide on the matter pretty soon, before 2013 ends if I have understood well.

• Hiddink
    • de Boer
    • Koeman
    • Gullit
    • van Basten
    • Rijkaard
    • Foppe de Haan :)
    • Peter Bosz
    • Adriaanse
    • Seedorf
    • Blind
    • Kluivert

Maybe I am forgetting some names and you can come up with better ones. Foreign suggestions are welcome as well.

Cheers

15. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hiddink. KNVB should listen to me. I always get it right like I said Oranje should got with LVG.

BTW Verbeek's team in the Relegation Zone.

I dont mind De Boer though but I feel he needs a couple of years at Ajax and a couple of years with a big foreign club. I'm not too fond of young untested managers for the NT. Most of the guys like Seedorf, Kluivert and others are way too in-experienced to even considered.

Can't think of Foreign Candidates. I guess they are welcome too.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hiddink is kinda over the hill, but he is great at rebuilding teams with a lot of youth like Oranje has now.
    De Boer would be good I think. Koeman also, although his coaching record is spotty.
    Gullit no!!
    vBasten double no!!
    Rijkaard maybe.
    Foppe yes!!
    Bosz I dont know very well.
    Adriaanse yes!!
    Seedorf has no experience, so no!!
    Blind no.
    Kluivert hell no!!

17. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Adriaanse is a psycho and I dont see RVP Robben and the senior players putting with his stuff. I dont know much he has changed with this ridiculous methods. He played great football though which is something to admire.

Foppe is too light-weight. If you want him to lead Oranje Team in the Euro 2016, it sounds weird. Bear in Mind, Strootman, Indi,Veltman,Van Ginkel, Fer, Depay all these young bloods will play and be about to peak during them.

2016 should be a year when the team can challenge for the title seriously and I doubt Foppe is that kind of a coach

18. You forget a name that is deeply respected in Germany, Jos Luhukay. One of the Bayern bosses recently before the match of fcB against him said very flattering things about him and the way the team plays.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pep Guardiola!

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why would Pep come to Oranje when he came 10X as much money at Bayern??

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Because the WC is the one trophy he hasn't won. He doesn't need any more money as he's set for life. He wants a challenge!

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Hiddink for me. Well respected, proven record, tactically genius. I doubt he would be willing to take over, though. At this stage of his career, he wants trophies, but the Euro 2016 may come too soon for this new batch of Dutch youngsters. The next W.C in 4.5 years would be an eternity for him. De Boer is nice candidate for the future, I do think he needs first to be able to crack Europe with Ajax.

Huub Stevens? Vastly experienced. UEFA Winner in mid 90's, granted he's been in the revolving door past few years.

Fred Rutten? IIRC, he did fairly well with PSV in 2009 to 2011-ish.

23. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rijkaard doesn't seem like a bad option. Did quite well during his time at Barca but then again he hasn't managed a top side since 2008.

24. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If we are talking about light-weights, Ten haag is Bayern Reserve coach and he has guided the team to 3-Bl from 4-BL with records points after the team was getting humiliated in 4-BL for seasons.

To win the Euro? The CHL nowadays is as competitive if not more. He is young and has one of the best Bayern teams which is capable of enacting an era of its own. He gets to work day to day not wait 40-50 days for his players to turn up.

He has too many Challenges. No Coach will leave a Top CHL Winning Side to be NT Coach unless he is 50-60.

Pep is too young for all this. Maybe after 20 years

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In Holland they call it Dutch Magic!!!!