Brian Iloski at MFK Zemplín Michalovce (on loan from Legia Warsaw)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gamecock14, Feb 17, 2018.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    @Skandal, I loved your posts. Thanks a ton for the in-depth discussions.

2. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    I will observe Iloski and will be updating here as well.

3. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    As per latest gossip, Iloski has been given green light to search for the new club. It may mean, that if he finds someone who wants him, Legia will simply dissolve the contract, and he can leave without a fee (he still has one and a half year to go on his contract). Potentially, it may also mean a loan, if he cannot find someone who wants him permanently.

Christiano Pasquato (arguing with coach?) and Hildeberto (being constantly fat?) have been given green light to look for other clubs as well.

I will wait for official confirmation, which may come tomorrow, with any further info.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    wait, what happened?

5. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    As per unofficial information from some insider journalists, after our last test game v Radomiak on Friday (which featured mainly secondary choice players, but few exceptions), Iloski, Pasquato (former Juventus, who was a bench player last season, yet pretty experienced and solid one; he was suddenly sent home from summer training camp in June supposedly due to arguments with head coach), Hildeberto (former Benfica and Nottingham Forest; who, due to his constant weight trouble spent last half a year on loan to Northampton Town) and one more Polish 17 year old, have been given a "green light to look for new clubs" - whatever that means.

I would expect some official info tomorrow.

6. Adrian87

Adrian87 New Member

Neuchatel Xamax
    Poland
    Jul 11, 2018
    Iloski got consent for loan only (no transfer). So I guess Legia wants him to get more experience in lower tiers. At least thats what I've read on Legia's forum.

7. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Yes. He currently trains with reserves, but will be loaned if some other club is interested.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  8. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Adrian87

Adrian87 New Member

Neuchatel Xamax
    Poland
    Jul 11, 2018
    Zemplin Michalovce wants to loan Brian Iloski. Zemplin plays in the top tier in the Slovak football league system.

10. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    He is gone for one years loan to Zemplin.

Menwhile, Legia is in Kaos after dropping out of LM qualifiers... Klafuric out, his experiments finally backfired.

11. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UniversalAdvice and BostonRed repped this.
  13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, Legia Warsaw was knocked out of CL qualifiers in the 2nd qualifying round by Spartak Trnava of Slovakia. Then in the 3rd round of EL qualifiers, they were knocked out by F91 Dudelange of....Luxembourg.

The Irish Rover and Winoman repped this.
  14. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    [​IMG]

15. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    He has had two substitute appearances for a total of 60 minutes. On the bench yesterday but did not get in. His team has 4 points through 7 matches, which unfortunately puts them in last place.

As an aside, that Luxembourgian team that knocked Legia out of the Europa League also beat CFR Cluj to make the group stages. They are drawn with AC Milan, Olympiakos, and Real Betis. Up until the draw, they had about 500 Twitter followers and are now up to 1000....

Winoman repped this.
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench:

17. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    He has been consistently in the squad but hasn't played since getting subbed out at half during a 6-0 thrashing by Slovan Bratislava on November 3.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahem.

This post got two reps. :rolleyes:

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UniversalAdvice repped this.
  20. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One year later, Iloski, Torres, and Parks are now in MLS or USL.

21. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'll take Takes That Aged Poorly for $1000, Alex.

22. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what we'll never know is how these players' careers (and other similar players) would've differed if they had just signed straight up with MLS instead of going to europe first.....my guess is they'd all still be in USL with not much of a sniff of MLS first-team play.....

23. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on the team they signed with. It’s possible some or all of them might simply not be good enough for any team in the league.

24. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #74 adam tash, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    how so? my post was not about those specific players per se...but rather that MLS treats that entire domestic cohort poorly (insanely, in my opinion!)....I wouldn't change what i wrote even though all of those players are now in MLS....to me, my post is even more relevant now than it was before........I was saying those players that managed to get deals in the EU werent diamonds in the rough...and they arent. otherwsie they wouldnt be back in MLS....i meant that these players aren't outliers in terms of ability....and that they could STILL get deals in the EU.....which is still true.............soooooo what were their MLS offers before they left? do you think they had mls offers and do you think those offers were not lowballs?

MLS is sniffing the euro-dust...as it always has....these moves show that MLS wants to underpay worthy domestic players...and it only values them once they force the league to......

Also, there has been a very recent shift in MLS' thinking with the sales and success of davies, almiron and adams etc....Garber just came out and said MLS is now FINALLY okay with and sees itself as a selling league.....makes sense that they are now full on-board with the "play your kids" movement......they are adapting...and i like it........but they better actually play these guys for me to really be down.....

25. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah of course ...

but until they stop treating players like they treated Andrew Gutman recently......benefit of the doubt has to go against the league...that was a horrible look.