Brendan Rodgers departs

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by SlackerMacker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC
  2. willykirk

willykirk Member

Jan 6, 2004
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    better now than later. this team is still in real jeopardy of being relegated. time to forget about pretty football; this team of youngsters and journeymen need to get stuck in and get some results. who's even the captain anymore?

3. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this coming a mile away. I thought something would take place right before Christmas. We need some one new to redirect this ship in the right direction. So who's next? Curbishley, Pardew, Southgate, Coppell??

4. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they are talking to copps, and after half a year off, maybe he'd be ready to give it another go. i mean, he'd like this challenge, a very different team. Can't say i agreed with all of Rodgers moves, but credit where due, they did look good, for decently long stretches.
    And, while i think we all knew this was coming, this simply increases the overwhelming depression that is building in me on this season. we shouldn't be where we are. now, that's a good sign the manager isn't doing a great job. but i still worry, way too much.
    Please Copps, come back...

5. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Is the Coppell talk from a reliable source? I just find it highly unlikely he'd return, or even think of returning to the same team. But i don't mind, he's a top class experienced manager and i'd have a lot more confidence in the team if he was hired.

6. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd be amazed if Coppell came back. In fact I'd be almost as equally amazed if he's even in the frame.

In the summer our first choice was Darren Ferguson. He's now out of a job. We have no manager. It's not quite 2+2, but I'd guess the answer is nearer four than five.

7. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC