Brendan Faherty- Yale Women's Soccer

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by winwinchick, Nov 22, 2019.

1. winwinchick

winwinchick Member

Celta Vigo
    United States
    Nov 13, 2019
    Women’s soccer coach Brendan Faherty left Yale Athletics on Wednesday amid allegations of impropriety with his former players at the University of New Haven: one of sexual misconduct and another of a consensual sexual relationship.

2. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    I find your post on the other thread disheartening. You attack the women as being scorned. How judgmental of you. Also, the statute of limitations (both civil and criminal) has long since passed in New Hampshire so there will be no legal implications on UNH as you asserted.

3. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    It's New Haven not New Hampshire, and the transgressions, while perhaps not prosecutable, are sufficient grounds for firing.

4. winwinchick

winwinchick Member

Celta Vigo
    United States
    Nov 13, 2019
    It was a cut and paste from another site, but I found it interesting. I am not attacking any of the women involved, and support them coming forward. We don't know either way why this came forward now. Maybe not a women, but someone was scorned!

By the way, what happen in New Hampshire, is something going on there too?

5. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    UNH refers to University of New Haven in this instance. Nothing happened at New Hampshire. The only thing they share is initials.

6. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    My bad. I am not from out east. I thought UNH stood for New Hampshire. Also, I apologize for thinking those were your words WWC.

My point is the same on the statute of limitations for legal recourse at UNH. It has long past.

7. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    This is an interesting statement. He does not deny having a relationship(s). Through his lawyers, he just denies having "any non-consensual relationships".

After publication of the story, Faherty’s lawyers, Theodore W. Heiser and Suisman Shapiro, said the coach denies the allegations.

“Mr. Faherty is deeply disappointed in the allegations from more than ten years ago that have been made in the Yale Daily News and the actions taken by Yale University in response to the report,” the lawyers said. “He denies having engaged in any non-consensual relationships. He further denies having any inappropriate sexual interaction or contact of any kind. Based upon the report, he is no longer employed at Yale.”

On Thursday, UNH President Steven H. Kaplan announced that the school hired an independent firm to investigate allegations against Faherty, who coached there from 2002 to 2009.