brek shea

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Maximum Optimal, Jun 26, 2011.

1. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not it with Shea. His speed of thought is fine. He just needs the confidence to know that he can step on the field and play with those other guys. He was timid in his last appearances. Evidently he was good enough in camp to get the start.

2. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010
    his goals just get nicer and nicer! its fun to watch.
    He'd have 3 more goals this season if his teammates were as unselfish as he is....and another 3 if he was selfish.

3. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top drawer.

He can score every type of goal on the field, he passes well in the final third (put a game winner on a platter last week for an FCD player who roundly missed an open net from about 8-10 yards)...anyone still think that this guy should be playing on the back line? He's a natural LW.

4. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
  5. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude......that is bold but......

Im starting to see it :eek:

6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Shea juggernaut shows no signs of slowing down.

I'm starting to wonder...how long can MLS/Dallas keep him and how much would a European team be willing to spend on him?

7. DirkDynamo

DirkDynamo Member

Jan 30, 2008
    If he can pull-off a stunner like that against ManU during the All-Star game, he'll be inundated with wealthy 'bidders'.

8. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game would be a nice showcase for him, but I think he's going to miss it because of CONCACAF Champions League (zzzzz).

I'm sure most big European teams have scouts watching the MLS anyways. Teams will be looking for the next Dempsey, Holden, or Bradley on the cheap.

9. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Great goal. He looked like he would score every time he touched the ball. It was a joy to watch. When he can turn and run at goal he is almost unstoppable right now. His runs are really something.

10. NatsTeamFan

NatsTeamFan Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    It says he is an inactive all star, so is it for sure that he won't be playing in the all star game? If so, thats a shame, they're losing a lot of good players.

11. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Despite the hair, I am starting to become a believer as well.

12. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shea is only going to get better in terms of passing, vision and knowledge. He glides like a deer with the ball at his feet and he could be a great person in a counter attacking system like the ours.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly seems farther along than Agudelo at this point. MLS defenses have no answer for him.

14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can we put him as a striker? He is scoring like one and he wont be cracking into the us line-up as a winger.

15. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite the hair? Clearly you don't know a Samson when you see one.

16. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best thing about Brek's wonder goal?

Torsten Frings is the player that Brek put on the ground with a couple of quick touches and his freakish acceleration to begin that run through the middle of the field.

17. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Brekking my heart with all these damn goals. The centerback dream is receding into the distance. sigh.

1 person likes this.
  18. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Toronto may not be that good, but Shea's goal was pretty good.

19. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definite headturner of a performance. I didn't see the goal live, I just saw the first 20 minutes or so of the game.

He looks dangerous and confident every time he gets the ball. Sky's the limit for this kid.

20. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    excellent goal by this kid....he can say goodbye to MLS now.

Reminds me a lot of Ola Toivonen from PSV.

21. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Not quite yet, just signed a new contract extension and I believe still has 4 years on it.

It's going to take a good chunk of change to pry him away from the league at this point in time.

22. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Wasn't that the whole point? It seems like it's still just a matter of when and how much...plus a "good chunk of change" to MLS is probably small relative to some of the other feeder leagues.

Definitely going to try and enjoy watching him continue to develop in the meantime.

23. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    In my opinion at this moment his price tag will be quite high..as in $10 million. To a "feeder league" this is not a relatively small transfer fee in this economy, if you're talking about the common leagues (Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium).

He's young, likely one of the top 5 players in the league, and has already been tracked by clubs in top european leagues.

Plus, I was referencing the "goodbye to MLS" comment from In my defense...

I just don't think it is going to be something immediate, which is how that sounds.

We should give him some time to develop a full year of excellence, and even then, at 21 years old, he's going to cost a lot more than people think. The league knows what they have.

24. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Another couple of seasons of consistent improvement like this and maybe he'll pass Rogers on the depth chart.

1 person likes this.