Breaking NEWS - Dec. 18th 2002

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by DCU1996, Oct 25, 2002.

1. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dream Team vs World AllStar Team...

It's the 100th year for Real Madrid and to celebrate that, Real Madrid and World AllStar Team will paly on December 18, 2002

Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Hiero, Raul, Carlos...

vs

Rivaldo, Beckham, Owen, Vieri, Kahn, Ballack, DelPiero...

On that day, any other official game will be stoped world wide

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Can't believe they're allowing those fantastic Real players to be on the same pitch as the overrated Owen and Beckham.

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Breaking news? I knew about this game back in early August.

4. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Breaking NEWS - Dec. 18th 2002

You call youself a Liverpool fan?

Oh wait, you're American...

5. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    What day of the week is the 18th December.

And why the hell do they get to stop all the world games just so the biggest egos in world football can play a game that will be fixed so real madrid come out on top.

There are plenty of clubs that have celebrated a 100 years in existance and have never made the whole of world football stop for a shity little game that no one could give a ************ about

6. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well, there was a rumor about it, but it's finalized, date set, and FIFA approved.

7. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    indeed.

8. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what game would you rather watch then...

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Actually, the December 18 date was already set back in August. And are we surprised at all that FIFA is getting down and brown kissing Real's ass?

Edit: Dec 18 is a Wednesday. I know for certain Italian Cup matches will be played and I'm sure English matches are scheduled that day as well.

10. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    i would rather carry on the domestic season.

These players are complaining that there tierd because of fixture conjestion. Well Duh now there is going to be more fixture conjestion for the players to moan about.

If they relay want this game they should just Deduct points from Real Madrid for wasting everyones time and then the world all stars should only be allowed to have one player from a certain club. that way because of the bigg squads no games have to be disruppted.

11. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: Re: Re: Breaking NEWS - Dec. 18th 2002

Uh, I was being sarcastic and referring to another thread in this forum.

You say you have a sense of humor?? Oh, wait, you're English.

12. FabFiveFigo

FabFiveFigo Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Northern SC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a couple of years ago Barcelona had a similar exhibition for their 100th where they played the Brazilian national team(a fairly full squad from what I remember). So maybe this is a Spanish thing. Besides, when you consider that Real's actual 100th celebration got torched by Depor last year in the cup final, they had to come up with something else.

13. cs194

cs194 New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    London, UK
    League (Worthington) Cup 5th round ties will take place on Wed 18 Dec in England. They won't be postponed for some pointless friendly and players such as Owen and Beckham will not be released by their clubs to play in it either.

14. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    yea, I don't believe this for a second.

15. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    could real masturbate anymore?

16. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking NEWS - Dec. 18th 2002

Unfortunately transposing a joke from one place to another without even giving a hint of doing so means the joke completely loses its effect. I heard a joke about Americans and sarcasm which would be very appropriate here but I'm at a loss to remember it ;) <--- you needed one of these.

Another thing is that a serious comment like yours from Americans who 'support' English clubs is not uncommon at all on these boards. Therefore there's even more need for a smilie.

17. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Well, the Real Madrid was the idea to make a tribute to the "beautiful game" in the year of its centerany. The concept was that the Real Madrid is "big" team because has "fought" against extraordinary teams and players in the last 100 years -sometimes losing and sometimes winning. And the club want to thanks to all that people that have contributed to help to make the soccer the most important sport in the world.

The team presented that idea to FIFA the last year. And the Fifa thought that was a good idea. After that the Fifa began to search a date for the game that finally was de December 18th.

The game was oficially presented this week with the name " Dia Mundial del futbol - Soccer world day". And would be invited to the game the presidents of the most important clubs in the world and many important people in the history of the game.

18. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Heck, Real couldn't beat AEK Athens. What's so special about them?

19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hope he's kidding.....

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of this, I think it'd be cool to see Real, which already seems like the World Allstars themselves, play the world allstars. Oh well, you'll miss a wednesday game or 2, who cares it's just one day. And don't write me off as an American who doesn't know what they're talking about, I support Man U and watch the EPL every weekend.

20. womble

womble New Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Brighton
    I've no doubt you are a knowledgable fan but unfortunately like most Americans you seem to be obsessed with the idea of 'All-Star' games.

Watching a bunch of overpaid stars ponce around to contrive a result is not in the slightest bit appealing to most football fans. Give me a passionate game played in the December mud and rain any day.

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    You just contradicted yourself there. :D

My question is why Real couldn't schedule this match during the off-season, later in December when many leagues would be on break, or one of the dates set aside for international friendlies. That they decided to show no consideration for other clubs smacks of arrogance, but quite fitting for General Franco's club.

22. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Fifa chose the date not the Real Madrid and Franco died 30 years ago.

23. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    I'd rather see a Rochdale v Tranmere Rovers 5th Round Worthless Cup tie in front of 6,000 fans at Spotdale than some all-star "soccer day" crap.

And I don't care for either of the aforementioned teams...

24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    haha, whatever, whatever :D

guess I'm the only one, but you do have a point they'll probably play like they don't give a s h i t, "just gimme a check" attitude.

25. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Run for the roses!

The respectful jesture impromptu of extemporaneousness. I sure the guilder of currency or some other type would compensate. It is a question by a centaur! Can the sponsor be beaten recentcy at home on occassion by foe upon clash? If so, will the unseen invaders leave notice?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=19958&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Clearer commentate bestow of crunch within computability.