Breakers News 5-2

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by pressurecooker, May 2, 2009.

1. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like you guys are getting pretty good covereage in the papers. What about on TV? Aren't some of your local news stations showing highlights during sports? You can only talk about the damn Red Sox so much. I know the Bruins are in the playoffs and good luck to them as long as it doen't hurt Breakers attendance and it shouldn't.

3. jrevs

jrevs New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    MA & DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You overestimate the Boston news stations. I've seen them forced to cover the Revolution only "because the Sox have the night off" (their words!) We're lucky to get Revs highlights (or even the score). Except for the first game- big news!- the Pats and high school sports are probably beating the Breakers at the moment. I'm not in Boston at the moment, but considering NECN (or NESN?) was the only to show up for the home opener, I'd be surprised if they even got a mention tonight. Game 7 for the Celtics playoff series is tonight too.

And considering that the Garden is sold out for that tonight, the traffic in Boston probably sucks right now. Can't be good for walk-up attendance, but there's something like 6,000 tix already sold.

I'd say we're lucky for a mention tonight. :rolleyes:

4. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys got over 8,000 fans tonight which is fantastic! It's even more impressive since Boston has so many other things going on. Not many cities could do that.

The Breakers will be alive and well as long as there is WPS.

I'm sure NESN must show Breakers highlights right? They have a one hour sports show so they must. The same Comcast in Chicago picked up 2 Red Stars game I'm sure the league is working with NESN to show 2 Breaker games this year.

5. jrevs

jrevs New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    MA & DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows? I mean, as far as I know, NESN shows Bruins & Sox games. Once the Bruins are done, and if the Breakers are playing on a Sox off day, maybe?

NESN is kind of on cable though, the basic channels won't do it.

6. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NESN has never shown pro soccer. Better luck with CSNE.

7. jwoo

jwoo Member

Jul 30, 2008
    West Newton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the gym last weekend and saw Hucles being interviewed on the tv on one of the treadmills. I have no idea what channel it was on, or how long it was.

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good find. I put it on the WPS blog thread.