Breaker Blogs - Wiemer & Nobis

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cwfootball.com/

Tiffany Weimer
    [​IMG]

Boston...

Since I’ve been in Boston (three days) I have gotten two parking tickets.

Welcome to Boston!:p

Jennifer Nobis

[​IMG]

To all readers! 3 weeks since my surgery and things are looking Fantastic!! I am a still ahead of schedule and really trucking along. Started doing a lot of new things in therapy. Thank God because some of the exercises are sooo tedious. Therapy can be boring and sometimes it’s hard to get motivated to do the same exercises over and over again, so I made up a game to one of my exercises. Take a look

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4HD655Ding"]YouTube- Week 3 Game.wmv[/ame]

Looks like Alex has to step up her blogging!!

2. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weimer's latest blog.

3. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to seriously think about asking Nobis to be my unofficial life coach. Yeah it'skinda creepy, but that's an attitude I need ASAP.

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cwfootball.com/blogs/blog/id/43

Meet and Greet

I never thought I would say this, and I am still reluctant to type it to the world, but Boston fans are pretty amazing. The turnout for our meet and greet was very impressive. Thank you to all who attended.

We beat the Washington Freedom in our first game of the 2010 season. A year ago, the Breakers were on the other end of their first match of the season. (I guess I should apologize for that). So we are already a step ahead of last year and will continue to build on that.

Feel free to skip right over the Yankees nonsense.....

:D

5. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I um modified a deal I had with Weimer in light of the Yankee posting.

6. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont care how many goals she scores...I'm not wearing a Yankees hat!!

:p

7. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but I'll be shocked if she gets the playing time to get 5 goals so forcing her to wear Red Sox gear would be worth it.

8. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holding out hope for an injury free year for Kelly. Still amazed at the wealth of attacking options. I'm glad I'm not Tony.

9. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by Ochenta y Ocho

KL13 Movement

Now I am sure everyone wants an update on the Kristine Lilly/Twitter situation. Unfortunately it will have to wait a little longer. There were indeed KL13 signs at the game vs. Philadelphia, which was so cool.

She is interested in joining Twitter, but it will take a little while to get her started and show her the ropes. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Boston Restaurant of the Week

T Anthony’s Pizzeria and Restaurant- it’s a KL13 favorite and I have to say it is pretty legit.

Agreed on T. Anthony's! I haven't been there in years...In fact I think the last time was before a Breakers match at Nickerson....Gotta go back soon!

:D

10. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cwfootball.com/blogs/blog/id/49
    by J-NO

Another great game for the Breakers! I think we should have won the game...but I guess we will take the point! It was great to see Tiff get her first minutes with the team....and I honestly thought the first minute of her time she was going to score! I was routing for you TIFF.

11. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of hoping I'm not a part of the final product for the video portion. haha

12. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If New Jersey is the armpit of America then that makes Missouri, well something less appealing than an armpit. I’m sure you can come up with a body part on your own.

I’m no expert on the state, but there just doesn’t seem to be much of anything going on there.

Except tornados.

I like this girl even more now!:D

13. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cwfootball.com/blogs/blog/id/49

Quick Knee Update

I have finally reached a place where my knee is on the way to full recovery. I no longer have swelling or aches and pains. I am actually seeing some of that muscle I once had so many months ago, haha. But I have enjoyed seeing my leg skinny for once he he he!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9nJrtv3cg4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- J No 1.m4v[/ame]

14. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the edit. haha

15. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We may have seen the last of the "Breaker" Blogs from Tiff and JNO...

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/news/transactions-10.aspx

July 28, 2010: The Boston Breakers waived Jennifer Nobis and terminated Tiffany Weimer's contract.

But then again, with the musical chairs going on over at Harvard it wouldn't surprise me to see them back...

17. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the Nobis move is to clear the way for her to go to Sweden.

18. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not be surprised if we saw a bunch of players (including Weimer) head to Europe soon to get some playing time rather than ride the bench. I wonder if developmental players can ask for transfers to go to European teams? (I have no clue how that works.)

19. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would guess that an unguaranteed contract could be cancelled at any time by either party. That is pure speculation on my part, though.

20. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that article that got posted when talked about her move to Sweden & that she was ahead of schedule w/ rehab indicated that the Breakers were happy w/ her but she wasn't going to be able to play this season -- I'm thinking something similar to sign/release Enyeart.

I think her being waived might be how Bogus is back on the full roster...

And I'd like to see more "name" US players go to Europe to get gigs.

21. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    We waived Jennifer and released Tiffany in order to facilitate both of their moves to Sweden. Both players have the same agent, who is Swedish and has many connections in Swedish women's soccer and the European women's game in general.

Jenny is getting closer to being ready to play, but the Breakers would not have had a spot to bring her off the suspended list this season, since the July 1st deadline had passed and our 18 roster spots are fully guaranteed. It was our desire all along that Jenny would return to Sweden to play when she was ready and have some game fitness prior to the 2011 season. In Tiff's case, she is just looking for a place to get more playing time and we were willing to oblige.

Both players could be in the mix for the Breakers in the future, but neither are under contract for next season or expected back this year, assuming their Swedish paperwork goes through.

Andy

22. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the update...

A few questions....

1. Why does WPS release information before the teams have the chance to? Specifically, Why wouldn't you get in front of them and put out news first? (Even if it is to a small number of people!)

2. Did Jenny's salary count against the cap before July 1st?

3. Why wait until now to waive her?

4. What benefit do the Breakers get for cutting a player under contract now?

5. Could she not have gone to Sweden on loan like last year?

23. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    1.) WPS releases waiver/release transactions on a set schedule. Tiffany wanted to inform her Breakers teammates personally at practice this morning before they read it on Twitter or elsewhere and we honored her request. We did not ask WPS to hold off, nor would they have.

2.) No. She was never on the cap this year because she never passed an entrance physical.

3.) Jenny did not have another playing opportunity until now. There was no reason to do so.

4.) In Jenny's case, an opportunity for her to play herself back into shape for the 2011 season. In Tiff's case, an opportunity to maintain good relations with a player we like and an agent we work with frequently, and to give a player that was not getting playing time here an opportunity to go someplace where she can get minutes.

5.) I assume you mean Nobis. No, she could not have. This is due to the particular nature of the offer from the Swedish club - basically a bureaucratic/technical matter. A loan would have been our preference, but we were fine with this approach as well.

24. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Andy!

25. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm moving to Sweden now... j/k. Good luck to them both!