Brazil's new#10 in 2014 will be ...

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Izzy9, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While Ganso has been playing well for the most part in recent months, it appears that Coutinho has enough time to mature into the #10 jersey. We all know that Menezes likes him because he has great potential. In fact, Coutinho was called up to the national team before both Neymar and Ganso. It's only when he stopped getting much playing time at Inter that Menezes stopped calling him. He is more mobile than Ganso and is just as cerebral. In the U20 world cup, he did not play too well and that was because he had not been playing much at Inter and he was still recovering from an injury.

I think Neymar, Lucas and Coutinho will bring the jogo bonito back to Brazil.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinhos a huge reach to say the least and this is coming from a huge la liga fan. i saw his game against Malaga and Santander recently and I liked what i saw but let him do it against some elite competition on a consistent basis. He needs to work on strength and consistency for me. Ganso has actually been showing more and more signs lately but why don't we just call Alex if your thinking about Coutinho? Just saying not being able to get playing time at Inter Milan isn't going to get anyone enthralled with excitement.

3. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think at this stage of the game Coutinho has any possibilities.
    Ganso or Kaka.

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Kaka' MOTM today in the CL, off the bench. Beautifully placed cross to Benzema to go up 1-0 late in the game. Then scores to make it 2-0 off a Marcelo play.

I've been pretty vocal with my posts about a Healthy Kaka'. If he's not healthy, Ganso is developing into a very good player in his own right.

5. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso is a very good player but, right now, the #10 jersey might be too heavy for him. When I think of #10, I think of Zico. Coutinho appears to have the brilliance to wear Zico's shoes although he has a long way to go. Meanwhile, Ganso is a very cerebral player but, he has not convinced me yet. I think he will be very useful in 2014 but, can he lead Brazil to the promised land? We'll have to see.
    As for Kaka, he still has it but, he needs to be consistent. If he can remain healthy, he can contribute a lot to Brazil. Coutinho still has two years and I believe that will be enough for him to jump in front of the group and grab the #10 jersey. If anyone can stop him, it will not be Ganso but, rather a healthy Kaka.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The classic number 10s kind of dead in international play in my opinion especially in Europe.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We're in Brasil.
    The clasic #10 has always been an integral part of our culture and will always be a principal part of our game.

8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Mano does not take Kaka on the US tour, then he will have lost his mind.

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wasn't saying I don't like having a classic number 10 but if your playing holland, germany or spain its kind of hard to designate that role considering its hard to even get ball possession and the defensive work needed. I think Neymar as a withdrawn striker would make the most sense. The holding midfielder is the answer to a classic 10 especially if you have a quality one which all the teams i mentioned before do especially Spain. And I think kaka should be called but is Mano really going to leave R10 out? He already gambled with R10 i see him finishing the gamble.

10. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinho has impressed me, and I think Brazil #10 should be out of Coutinho or Ganso.
    Coutinho can be the new Ronaldinho for Brazil.

I think Brazil have a good chance of winning 2014 World Cuo

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Neymar, L.Damiao, Lucas, Coutinho, Lucas Leiva, Ganso, Marcelo, Thiago Silva, Dede, D.Avles, Julio Cesar[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz-mvjvsLR8"]Super Cou, Super Gol Coutinho Espanyol (Inter) - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm93rVm-l7k"]Philippe Coutinho vs Levante (25.02.2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Look at his skills when he was younger
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBfQoyZ0mtQ"]Philipe Coutinho Futsal 2005 - YouTube[/ame]

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i would like to see coutinho play in the olympics - that will be a great opportunity for players like him and douglas costa to be pushed into the senior NT picture.

right now there seems to be too many defensive mids that get called up regularly. if there is any experimenting to be done, it should be with players like Douglas Costa, Michel Bastos (he was not used in his primary position in 2010) and now coutinho, the version that we saw when Rafa Benitez was in charge of Inter Milan.

coutinho only had that one game against iran where he played a half. i wish we could have seen more of him since then. hopefully the olympics will be a step in the right direction

12. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Coutinho to play well for Espanyol, Mano Menezes would have to be an idiot not to take him to the olympics. He will take him because he has always believed in Coutinho. Coutinho stopped being called after he got injured at Inter and then when he came back from his injuries, he was not getting enough playing time under Leonardo. In the U20 world cup last year, he was not 100%. Now, he is back and will only get better from here provided he does not suffer any major injuries.

13. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    douglas costa and guiliano need to get their chance on the team

[]__[]

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    agreed - we've been (probably me more than most) have been scratching heads as to why has not douglas costa been called up. his pace and playmaking ability from the wings is incredible. i've been watching him since his u20 days.

seems like mano would prefer to have extra DM's than extra attackers....

15. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would take Lucas anyday over Douglas Costa. But i think Douglas Costa might be called for the Olympic team.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So far in his career, Ganso has only really impressed in the Paulistao. That's not saying much.

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This is definately true. It's sad that of one the faces of today's Selecao has really proven anything yet. It's like he just inherited it without the earning it, i.e. born on 3rd base. I've been hard on him for awhile about this, and I really hope he proves me wrong.

Though, he has been playing great lately. I just hope it carries over to the Brasileirao and with the Selecao.

18. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Give him time. Ganso is a genius, a natural, a brilliant #10 - the face of futebol Brasileiro:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsE10hCnkqk&feature=player_embedded"]GOLAÇO DE PH GANSO! Uma pintura do camisa 10 da Vila Belmiro! ( Santos 5 x 0 Catanduvense ) - YouTube[/ame]

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with giving him time. It's too early to draw conclusions. After all it's probably the toughest position to play and succeed.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Speaking of Ganso, talk is that Milan and Santos are talking about a Ganso for Robinho swap. Interesting.