Brazilian Players Abroad

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by aloisius, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    it is Fiorentina not Juve.

2. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    the yank want this kid play for them, u need to read its; here are the information about him that they send to U.S. Soccer Federation

The following is basic info I've slapped together on Carlos to have ready when the clubs start beating down his door.

Some of the stats are close but not exact. The spelling of his name (2 'T's in Elliott) and personal data are precise.

Jonothon Carlos Elliott
    Date of birth: December 4, 1984
    Nationality: U.S., Brazil
    Height: 1.76 cm
    Weight: 65 kg
    Position: Offensive left winger who can also play on the right and middle.

Strengths: Technique, speed and endurance. Elliott was considered one of the top youth prospects in Italy. Coaches at Juventus and Torino call his skills “refined.” With Juve’s Primavera (reserve) squad, Elliot was consistently first in speed tests and second in endurance. He is an attacking player who can beat an opponent 1x1 and create goals with superior technique.

Weaknesses: Needs to get physically stronger, get used to playing with adults and work on defense.

Playing record:

Season 2003-2204
    -- Joined Serie D side Rodengo (Brescia, Italy) in early November. Played final 30 minutes
    in first match; expected to start from now on.

Season 2002-2003
    -- Started 12 games with Juve’s Reserve team (Primavera), with 25 total appearances. Goals: 6. Assists: 10. Won the prestigious Viareggio tournament, where Elliott played a role but also had to make space for Juve first-teamer Ruben Oliveira of Uruguay, who joined the squad just for the tournament; reached the semifinals of league championship. Played as one of two behind a center-forward in a 4-3-2-1 formation. Was among 10 Reserve team players on Juventus' Champions League roster. Coach: Gasperini, now with Serie C side Crotone.

Season 2001-2002
    -- Started entire season for the “Beretti” team (just below Reserves, composed of 84s and 83s); scored two goals in the final championship match, won by Juve. Total goals: 10. Assists: 17. Played left midfield in a 4-4-2. Coach: Chiarenza (still with Juve).

Season 2000-2001
    -- Started entire season for Juve’s team of 15 and 16-year-olds (Allievi Nazionali); coached by Giancarlo Corradini (who played with Mardonna at Napoli and is now with Juve’s first team.) Played left midfield in a 4-4-2. Won some tournaments; made semifinals in league championship; made a lot of assists, some goals.

Season 1999-2000
    -- Starred for Juve youth team, lost final to Torino.

Season 1998-1999
    -- Starred for Torino’s youth team. Considered one of the top youth prospects in Italy; switches over to crosstown rivals Juventus.

3. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    more news on Aílton

Aílton (ex-Guarani), the top scorer of the Bundesliga:

http://br.esportes.yahoo.com/031122/16/gl0s.html

4. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marcos Assunção, ex-Flamengo

I had forgotten about Marcos Assunção. He played for Flamengo a few years ago. Another Brazilian that goes off the radar here after leaving Brazil.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-assuncao&prov=reuters&type=lgns

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Brazilian in the portuguese league

over 800 brazilians in Portugal
    can be follow
    http://www.rdp.pt

6. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Imagine

From Lance+ magazine dated November 30, the total number of Brasilians on the rosters of this year’s Champions League first round was 45. That is the 4th highest of any nationality!

1. France 70 players
    2. Spain 64
    3. Italy 60
    4. Brasil 45
    5. Greece 44
    6. Holand 39
    7. Germany 35

Pretty remarkable really. Imagine if the majority of these players were more inclined to stay home and play in the Brasileiro.

Without increasing the number of current teams (24), the competition for roster spots in Brasilian footy would be even more acute, and the league even more competitive. Also, keep in mind that number of 45 is only for teams represented in this years CL; there are probably twice as many if you take all teams into account.

Could any European league claim superiority under such a scenario?

It’s the way it was up until the 80s, and I hope that in my lifetime it returns to such a state.

7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Imagine

Only twice as many? Where? In all of Europe there are hundreds more!!!

8. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Re: Re: Imagine

Even more amazing :)

9. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Re: Imagine

Yes that is pretty impressive. Considering also that all 3 teams above Brazil are Eu nations and suffer no restrictions whatsoever.

But actually I also think that it's really good these players didn't stay in Brazil. That way young players who would otherwise sit on the bench or play in reserve teams , fill their spots and get exposed to 1st team football alot faster. As a consequence the talent base continues to expand.

10. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fernando Baiano in Wolfsburg

http://br.esportes.yahoo.com/031214/4/havx.html

Incredibale that Fernando Baiano is holding his own in Wolfsburg. This player really was crap for Flamengo. Germany really is the paradise for those kind of players.

11. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Re: Fernando Baiano in Wolfsburg

He was a pivotal key for Corinthians in their mid-90s campaigns. He scored quite a bit for us back then. I had totally erased him off my mind til I read this. There are Brazilians playing in places as far as Russia and others working in fish hatcheries in Iceland while playing on amateur teams. Switzerland was Dida's first exposure to Europe with FC Lugano and Tulio spent some time at FC Sion, I believe, prior to his breakout year with Botafogo in 95, so we have people playing in some leagues we've probably never even heard of. It's pretty cool to hear about them.

12. influente

influente New Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro

Ailton played for Guarani in the 96 season.

13. influente

influente New Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro

The Ailton that scored that goal, was the "old" Ailton, who played for Flamengo in the beggining of he´s career, than vanished for some time, appeared in Fluminense in 1995, by co-scoring the Renato Gaucho´s bally goal against he´s former team, than signed with Botafogo for 6 months, leaving for Grêmio right before the 1996 Brazilian Championship and scoring the final goal against Portuguesa.
    In the recent years he was playing for small Rio teams such as Madureira and Cabofriense.
    He might be about 38 years old by now.

14. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also known for the "patolagem" (genitals groaping?) of one of his colleges in a goal cellebration for Fluminense. :D

15. influente

influente New Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro

Yeah, I forgot that.

Nowadays when someone talks something about a player called Ailton here I Rio, many people ask:

- Who, Ailton Patola???

hehehehe

There was another case on those 95/96 years, remember Nelson Patola???
    He played in Vasco, Botafogo, América-RJ and by then, I guess Cruzeiro)

16. thoura

thoura New Member

Dec 23, 2003
    NEW YORK
    asking for a favour?

First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone since this is my first time posting on this forum. It's really my pleasure to be here with you guys. I am from Tunisia, North Africa, where soccer is like breathing... the same as in Brazil, even though we don't have Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario,...cafu... Honestly it's a big list. My team:Club africain is among the best teams in Tunisia and even in Africa. I heard that we will soon hire a couple of players from Brazil :Flavio Barros, Alexandre da Souza, Eduardo Lorenzo ..and I was wondering if you could give me some information (web ,pic,post...etc.) about these players. I would really appreciate it.

17. Evilinho

Evilinho New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Braz'iu
    Flavio Barros i think played in Uruguay with El Nacional. i think he was forward.

Alexandre da Souza and Eduardo Lorenzo i am not so sure on. do you have the club? i do not want to make wrong assumptions.

18. thoura

thoura New Member

Dec 23, 2003
    NEW YORK
    Thx Evilinho . i have no clues and that,s what iam looking for

19. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  20. TricolorSP

TricolorSP New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    What ever hapned to Athirson

21. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Last year a few Brazilian players played in the Faroe Islands. :)

Messias Martins Perreira played with NSI Runavik last year. His previous clubs include B68 Toftir and Bangu AC.

Alexandre Da Silva played with FS Vagar and previously with ÍF Leiftur in Iceland. Clayton Soares also played with FS Vagar.

I know there was a book a few years back about Faroese soccer that followed a few Brazilian players in the league.

Last year I remember watching two Brazilian players who were playing with Opava in the Czech second division. Rosemir Pires is still with the club. He previously played for IAO Barbarense, Göttingen 05, KFC Uerdingen, São Paulo FC, and EC Itapetininga.

Edno Roberto Cunha started the season with Plzen of the Czech first division. His previous club was PSV Eindhoven (juniors). He scored his first Czech league goal in a 3-1 loss to Olomouc a few months back.

Luis Fabio Gomes plays with Zlin of the Czech first division. He has spent most of his professional career in Eastern Europe.

Adauto Da Silva plays for Slavia Praha. Adauto has scored 11 goals for Slavia in 31 career games. His previous clubs include Bayer Leverkusen.

22. jonny

jonny New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Mexico
    Carlos Alberto is playing for Porto and he will play/on the bench this week

23. Mr.White

Mr.White New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    JEFISLEY André Caldeira

My team from Israel, Beitar Jerusalem, signed this week the player JEFISLEY André Caldeira from Goias. They have also signed Capone who played in Galatasaray. I know Capone and saw him playing in the CL but i know nothing about caldeira. Can anyone give some info about this player, like how many games he played in the last seasons and if he considered as a good talent.
    By the way Beitar has another Brazilian player, Indio Ferrira, who played in Goias before.

24. Mr.White

Mr.White New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    so no one knows anything about this JEFISLEY André Caldeira ?????

25. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm really sorry, but I've never heard of him. Was he a player of the team Goiás or is he native of the state of Goiás?