Brazilian Players Abroad

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by aloisius, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    A suggestion

How about a Brazilians abroad thread? We Europeans could inform you on the progress of players you can’t see often and you could tell us about their status in Brazil

2. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have already thought about this, but it would be something like an unnecessary waste of work and time. There are thousands of brazilian players making their way in every corner of the globe, in the most unknown leagues to keep track on everyone of them, and the players that really matters to us and make a difference we can find enough news and discussion in the media and other forums/threads.

3. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    I kinda liked this idea!

4. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Excellent idea,mate!

5. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Very good idea! Go on!

6. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    OK, so we can get it on.
    B.Leverkusen:
    This is probably the best team in Europe at scouting, signing, and integrating Brazilians.
    Franca - an amazing turnaround. Total crap last year, excellent this season.
    Lucio-at his usual monstrous best
    Juan- doing very well alongside Lucio, but his position could be under threat as captain Nowotny is coming back from injury
    Robson Ponte- Started the season as the playmaker, but could lose his positions after Basturk’s return.
    Borussia Dortmund:
    Evanilson- long term injury
    Dede- Consistently good, moved up from LB to left mid.
    Flavio- About to come back from injury
    Amoroso-Out with injury for the next 6 weeks
    Ewerton- Starting but not doing very well
    I’d like to hear your opinions on the players I post about and their past in Brazil( were they stars, average or not very good)

7. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    well about the players that u posted França was considered one of the best strikers in brazil, he was what luis fabiano is today...

I didn't see many games of lucio playing in internacional...

Juan played in Flamengo, he was kinda ok...

Robson Ponte was a great prospect when he played in guarani...

Evanilson was bad when he played in cruzeiro, and I still don't like him!!

Haven't seen any Dede's game here...

Amoroso when played in guarani was a great player, making great plays with luisão and djalminha!!! Still a great player!

Ewerthon was a hot prospect when played in corinthians! won some titles there!

8. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fbl_ger_bra_ailton&prov=afp&type=lgns

[​IMG]

I don't remember this guy. Where did he play in Brazil? The only Aílton that I can remember is that revelead by Flamengo in the final 80s, but it was a long time ago. Probably another case of a Brazilian that go into oblivion in Germany.

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On the other hand, Bordon seems to be making a name for himself with Stuttgart.

While he was known before leaving (solid d-mid for São Paulo) he was never national team material was he?

How's he doing now? What position is he playing and does he have a shot at the national team?

10. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    I agree with you on Franca...I think he lost confidence initially during his move. Has great movement and intelligent passer. Not as physically gifted as Luis Fab, but has a better feel of game (at this stage in Fab's career) IMO

Disagree on Evanilson....he's definetely no Cafu, but IMO better by a mile than Belletti.

Speaking of Right Backs, how about Ze Maria at Perugia. I had forgotten he was still playing top flight footy. I hear he is doing so well in Italy several of the bigger clubs are after him. Does he deserve another shot at Selecao?

11. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    He is a bit obscure with the Selecao. And his loyalties are a bit suspect since he has a reputation of whining about leaving. Also, since he's pushing 30, he has virtually no chance of being Selecao material.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/04/16738.html

Not a bad player though for Bremmen. He tallied two goals in their last match, and is one of the Bundisliga scoring leaders so far. Club in Brasil - I have some ideas, but nothing definite.

12. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Bordon was one of the best 3 defenders in the last two seasons and is now alongside with Soldo, the main reasons that stuttgart hasn´t yet conceded a goal this season.
    He made an tremendous performence against manchester in cl when he marked RVN perfectly.

He´s great in the air, and is abled to organize his defence very good, but he hasn´t much influence for the offensive play, cause he always plays some kind of last man while stuttgart is in possesion, but he is always dangerous on set pieces.

I can´t understand why he still is no brazilian international, cause he is exactly what they need in the selecao, maybe as couple with Lucio.

Ailton played for Guarani and Santa Cruz, but came to Werder Bremen from Monterrey, Mexico.
    During his first 1 1/2 years he was lousy, but then he developed to a very good,but unforunatly unconsistend, striker.
    Thats the reason why the german top clubs were NEVER interested in signing him, and I already thougt he would play for werder till the end of his career.

Robson Ponte was lousy too, when he startred playing in leverkusen, but in his two years in wolfsburg he developed to a very good playmaker, but has to fight for his starting spot, when Bastuerk returns from injury.

I don´t like Evanilson very much, cause he makes to many mistakes and I´m sure he will be replaced very soon by Fernandez.

Dede is awesome, I love him!!!!!!!!
    He´s great in defense and good in offense, the best tackler I ever saw. He developed incradibly in the last years and is leading dortmund as captain through the current injury problems, till christop metzelder or tomas rosicky come back.
    It´s always a joy to watch him play. A real teamleader!

Ewerthon is great too, and I´m very happy that he gets some respect now, after his appearance for Brazil U23 in the gold cup.

I don´t understand why you didn´t see many games of Lucio, since he is a starter for selecao and made many games for leverkusen in cl.
    He´s the best attacking defender in the world, cause of his technical abilities, and his strength in defense one-one is incredible.
    I admire his decision to stay with leverkusen for so long, despite the fact that every top club is bidding for him since he made some great cl perfomances in the 2001/2002 season.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The future on the right is called Mancini.

But he's probably better suited for Scolari's 3-5-2 than Parreira's 4-4-2

14. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    Bordon didn't play that well in São Paulo... Rememer the "BORDOADA"???
    hahhaahahhaha

Ailton did play in guarani, and if I'm not wrong he is the same ailton who scored the winning goal to gremio in the finals against portuguesa...

I didn't see many games of lucio when he played in inter...

IMO Belletti and Evanilson stink so bad... whe have Maurinho, Mancini, Maicon, Daniel (Brazil U-20 was in bahia and now is playing in italy)....

15. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Other than these playing in bigger leagues, I'm also curious to know about some other players I haven't heard about in ages:
    Ronaldo - former Corinthians GK
    Tupãzinho - "talismã"
    Biro-Biro
    Viola
    "Gato" Fernandez - ex Palmeiras keeper
    Wilson Mano
    Bismarck - former Vasco striker, I think he was at Verdy of the J-League last time i checked
    Marcelinho Carioca - is he still at Santos?
    Raí - did he retire yet?
    Toninho Cerezo - this one has GOT to be retired by now...
    Capitão - ex-Portuguesa and SPFC, I think
    Yeah, I'm bored...

16. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    Viola is playing in turkey (Gzantespor, I dont know the right spelling)....

Marcelinho thanks god is not in santos anymore (Man I hate him) he was in vasco, and know he is playing in Quatar or Saudi Arabia (who cares 'bout him)...

Rai retired last year...

Toninho Cerezo had retired a long time ago...

Capitão is still playing in portuguesa...

17. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same Bolivian 'Gato' Fernandez who played half a season with the New England Revs last season?
    I think he's back in Bolivia, but you can find out for sure on the Rev board.

18. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That weasel Liédson already making his trade at Sporting Lisbon:

http://br.esportes.yahoo.com/031015/4/f6xm.html

I still wonder what the hell was he trying to do in that Ukraine affair.

19. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Watched Edmilson a couple of weeks ago at Celtic. He was pretty bad. Do you think he's still good enough to play for Brasil?

20. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    He wasn't EVER good to Brazil!!!!

He stinks...! he used to play a little better when he used to play in the midfield...

21. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I wanna say the one that played for Palmeiras was Paraguayan, but I could be wrong.

22. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For you Élber fans:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-championselber&prov=reuters&type=lgns

23. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazilian Iarley shines in Boca Juniors

The former Paysandu player Iarley is now wearing the jersey n.10 that was from Maradona:

http://oglobo.globo.com/jornal/Esportes/110886384.asp

24. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Only thing more ironic would be if he was of Santos. ;)

25. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY