Brazil

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by msilverstein47, Sep 20, 2013.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol US almost stumbled in an undeserved goal at the other end... but offside

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  2. Will90

Will90 Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cant actually see if its a pen, the gif doesnt show the whole picture.

3. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Andressa played in the U20WWC a couple of years ago. I noticed that she was a rising talent. I was about to have my doubts but she proved me wrong the last couple of matches.

4. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The penalty was more than obvious on Andressa.

Well, Brazil Champion, deserved at 200 % over the tournament and again tonight. So impatient to see it in the WC in a group with NT which are all very "playing teams", Spain, Korea and Costa Rica.

5. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You and Gromit nearly jinxed us with that talk earlier. LOL. WWC15 is going to be good times, I can feel it!

Vamos, Brasil!

Let me throw on some Freddie Mercury for the occasion. :D:D

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I do hope that France and Brazil will both finish 1rst in their group, because to see one of this team eliminated as soon as the 1/8th would be horrible.

7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    #382 Romario'sgurl, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    No disagreement with that.
    I still contend that France and Brasil are in the tougher groups, which makes me a bit nervous.
    Also, it appears as if Brasil has the same issues with scoring that the French have. :mad::mad::mad:
    We need to work on that ASAP.

Also, how did Rosana do? I'm ready to drop her from the squad. Did she do anything to change my mind?

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There has to happen a lot jinxing for the US win a game in which Hope Solo had the most touches of the ball! :D:D

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Rosana is not bad as long as she doesn't have to deliver the last pass... :whistling:

Formiga was awarded PLayer of the Game (again !). She was great and won another basket of beauty products :D

Best Brazilians tonight for me (not particularly in order) : er... everybody ? :p

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    @WWC_Movement When you get a chance, can you post the match here? I didn't get to see it. Thanks.

11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    If Brazil does a great WC, after the men's disaster of last summer, I'm sure it can be a fantastic boost for WF in the country, as it was in France after 2011 and the South Africa disaster of boys in 2010.

12. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    #387 Romario'sgurl, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    A few of my Brazilian friends have told me that Vadao is the real deal and right person for this job. Until Erika gets some playing, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. That said, he did a fine job with Brasil in this tournament. After this summer's debacle, I get a sense there was more pride in playing this tournament then in past years. It doesn't hurt that the CBF has committed to a residency program as well.

Looks as if there was a nice crowd for the final too.:thumbsup:
    546800602542784512 is not a valid tweet id

13. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    It's up now.

14. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  15. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    The atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic. At some time, the crowd went crazy during long minutes, jumping in all ways, that was so great !

During this tournament, I was very happy with Luciana. I like her very much, founding her very secure. Bruna was really good too. Debinha still improved since last year's tournament and Beatriz showed some very good things. And Marta is still ALIVE, Ladies and Gentlemen ! ;)

16. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Thanks, breh.

WWC, you know you wrong for this:

"Published on Dec 21, 2014
    USA vs. Brazil women's football. Full match. The USWNT shutout Brazil and their own offense at the same time in a brilliant ploy by Jill Ellis with her starting lineup to play for a draw."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

17. marctol

marctol Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Nice game, I'm glad the players got to win in front of the crowd. I liked how the team passed the ball around in the first half, too bad that the US went to the match with that bunker mentality. In the final minutes, they let the nerves take control and were a bit sloppy with the ball possession, but that's nothing new.
    The midfield still needs some work, Rosana and Maurine didn't do nothing for me in this tournament. And maybe try a striker like Darlene playing up front with Debinha and Marta.

18. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I swear that I just said something similar to another friend. Darlene needed to start this match. She has a marvelous match against China and should have been rewarded, accordingly. What I fear the most, is Maurine and Rosana making the final squad!:(:(:(:mad::(

marctol repped this.
  19. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    This tournament was exciting, and we need to have one semi-major tournament every year (in addition to the Algarve Cup of course). Four separate tournaments, held once each year. Sort of like how Golf and Tennis have four major tournaments each year, however, this is only one per year in women's football. I'd start with this new format in the year 2017.

Grand Slam Tournaments (one tournament each year, over a four year span)
    2017: Non-Euro Classic (held in Australia and NZ, 12 nations participate including the Matildas and Ferns)
    2018: USWNT Open (held in USA, 8 nations. tournament is in the summer before CONCACAF WWC Qualifiers)
    2019: Celebration Cup (WWC champion is the host. tournament is held late in year after the WWC. 12 nations)
    2020: European Invitational (held in England, France, Germany, Sweden. 16 nations, takes place in November)

Non-Euro Classic
    The Non-Euro Classic in 2017 would exclude Euro teams, since UEFA already has their Euro tournament that year. The non-Euro teams then get to duke it out in the Land Down Under. The 12 nations include: Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina.

USWNT Open
    The USWNT Open in 2018 will feature 8 nations, which include: USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, France, Sweden, China, Australia

Celebration Cup
    The Celebration Cup in 2019 will take place in the nation that won the 2019 WWC. The 12 best teams (8 Quarterfinal teams, plus the 4 best teams that lost in the Round of 16) will get scrambled into new groups in a Celebration Cup in celebrating the World's Game, but at the same time, this tournament gives the other nations that lost in the WWC a chance to redeem themselves with anger, while the Host Nation has a "Fan Tribute Tour" during this tournament in celebrating the achievement of being WWC Champions.

European Invitational
    During the European Invitational in 2020, the 16 women's teams that participate get to play in "Historic" stadiums throughout Europe. England, France, Germany, and Sweden host the tournament, and each of these four nations will be in four separate groups. The 16 nations that will participate: England, France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Norway, Netherlands, Nigeria, Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, Brazil

Once these tournaments are deemed a success, then we'll see the 2021 Non-Euro Classic, the 2022 USWNT Open, 2023 Celebration Cup, and the 2024 European Invitational all renewed for four more years.

20. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    You are dreaming, WWC_Movement.... And actually, your idea is typically labelled USA ;)

You see things and Football World as a National Teams World before everything and even exclusively. But the real axis, the center of Women's Football is not USA, sorry to tell you. And today and tomorrow less than ever. The center is, like it or not, Europe. And the Football culture over here is a club culture (as George Boy would say :p).
    That means that no European country, none, will sacrify its Championship and its club teams in order to go and play international tournaments as extras, considering — as you do — the NT as a permanent club.

You seem to forget that the two years without WC, there are numerous qualifier matches to this tournament... Intersped with the WC, there is the Euro, with qualifier games here too during the two years before... And of course, the Olympics too... Plus the Champion's League that mobilizes usually all (or almost) European internationals from the best nations... And I'm not speaking about Algarve and Cyprus Cups...

The international schedule is already absolutely full, and we (European) are not living in the same calendar planet than you, ourselves with big differences (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc. on one side, Sweden and England on another)... And Asia is also something else...

gricio61 repped this.
  21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, the schedule is full. gromit is right about the club perspective.

But even from the European NTs perspective: some tourneys even have become less important. Algarve or Olympics e.g. And you're suggesting more of them? Id even say that sooner or later Europe, simply for historical/ geographical reasons has an competitive edge. Teams compete in two year cycles for the real stuff. In order to be able to compete those teams tend to get better over time(survival of the fittest). That's why so many European teams gained ground recently: Spain, Switzerland, France, Holland. You guys cant make up for this competition in qualification(Concacaf is a joke) or if you travel the world to play 27 friendlies every year. So, why should the European FAs give that advantage away, make the schedule even fuller and invite the US and others to something they can have in a WC or Euro anyway?

gricio61 repped this.
  22. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #398 Cliveworshipper, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015

I'm not sure all the euro competition is historically any real advantage. Since the 2003 WC that had an all Euro final, there has been exactly one euro team in the final match of a FIFA tournament since.

2004 Olympics- USA , Brasil
    2007 WWC - Germany , Brasil
    2008 Olympics -USA , Brasil
    2011 WWC - Japan , USA
    2012 Olympics - USA , Japan

So Europe has put one team in the final in five FIFA competitions.
    The USA was in 4 of those finals, Brasil in 3, and Japan in 2.

This of also means Europe has won one match in the last five fifa competitions in a semi or a final against outside competition. Germany won the 2007 Semi against another Euro team, Norway, which came in fourth that year.

Bronze medal matches were a bit better. Two were all Euro matches. Of course, those teams had already lost against non euro competition in the semis.

But 2 of the 3 bronze medal matches against non Euro competition were losses.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're talking about the past, I was talking about the future. In the long run, it will be an advantage for European teams to have more competitors in the same federation. Competition is good for business, or competitiveness. Which competitors does the US have? None. Japan has one: North Korea(maybe China in the future). Brazil? None(maybe Colombia). Germany has: Sweden, France, England, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Italy.....

Do the math.

25. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana