Brazil

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by msilverstein47, Sep 20, 2013.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The big question would be if the $4.3 million that the government is funding is good enough to cover the expenses of the salaries, travel, rentals, ect for 20 teams? Especially in a country where even the highest men's pro club games have such a poor attendance.

I also would not like to see Brazil get the wwc 2019, since it would mean a big let down in the large crowds at the previous world cups. Though one wonders if it be any better with 2019 front runner Japan?, with the sparse crowds showing up at u20 wc?

2. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO:

They already have 20 teams in place. The money will be to structure the league to make FIFA think they are worthy of that 2019 date. You think those yahoos will fund Foz with direct payments. :whistling:

Here are two teams:

[​IMG]

Simone still has those great quads. :p

Foz will be top dogs in the so-called league.

If they were for real, they would reopen the Mermaid Villa.

Someone on equalizer was talking about salaries. If Erika earns $600 plus housing for the NT, then how much you think they will pay no-name players across the league? What they already make for their current clubs! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

hotjam2 repped this.
  3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #4 newsouth, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    probably euro looking Ketlen Wiggers will be the 'Oscar Schmidt' of the league
    Ketlen Wiggers will be the 'Oscar Schmidt of the league
    keke1.jpg

but to sell the league to the fans, a different sport might well have the answer
    2082969749_1db41bb65e_brazil volley.jpg

5. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Brazil would look good in green.

[​IMG]

7. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Brazilian league highlights
    Rio Prieto vs Duque
    looks like their saving my money with linnesmen, cuz there are none; almost every goal lookin like it's offsides

Irundria vs Tuno Luso

better quality goals, tough played in what looks like a very depleted stadium. Hate to see what the bathrooms look like!

Vasco vs Caucaia

best camera angles of the three. at 1.15 mark the blond gets the meanest shove I've ever seen! Nut she extracts revenge by scoring later. Blondie might be just the heroine soccer needs!

9. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not sure what's your point. These girls were playing on dirt fields a couple of years ago, so they have progressed to stadiums even if one or two are completely run down. As far as spending money, are you talking about the $4M for the new league. That money is going for big wig salaries, compensation and retirement, condos and upgrades to gated community homes. The players won't see a cent of it. But that's life when you have to navigate a den of thieves.

BTW, the faculties are usually well maintained inside, so the bathrooms are about the same as USA standards. It just the buildings externally are worn.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    had a chance to watch both of Brazil's matches over on espn3. Fabiana & Debinha really looked good on offense with some great 1v1 efforts against Mexico. The goalkeeper, Trais & main cd, Benites, were rock solid against NZ, in an otherwise disappointing game where Brazil looked a bit intimidated by NZ's more physical/athletic prowess.
    Either the US 'A' or 'B' teams would be or play like New Zealand on STEROIDS! so not sure how this Brazil would do against them but it's great that their coming to play with almost a brand new team(I think Fabiana was the only vet from 2011wc). Wish more countries would do that.

11. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Brazil has a ton of young "individual" talent, they just need to be able to piece it all together in harmony on the field. They need to improve "team development" and this stems from coaching, which they need an improvement.

12. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll see how Brazil's young talent stacks up against the US sooner than you think. They have a friendly scheduled in November.

13. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    where's the nov schedule? i just see 3 oct games.

14. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok, I saw it at equalizer. Their kids smacked Mexico around too, so they are coming along. If Marta is available, that gives them Debora, Marta and Giovanna as a front. That's enough to balance the game offensively. They are young on the back-line, so I could see the game going wrecking ball after the 60th min in the USWNT favor. Outside of the 3:0 pre Olympic match, which was apart of Jorge ill-fated reign, they played the USA 2*1 in the Olympics with the tie being a Daiana own ball. So even with Lima, they match up well athletically with the USA.

Too bad Sermanni likes Press. There goes the dream. :mad:

[​IMG]

They should have scheduled two games. Geez, the USA has played Australia 3 teams. What's up with Sermanni and that?

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Forgot her name but their goalkeeper at the Valais Cup could handle high balls are lot better than lets say the vet from the last wc. Brazil also had a good new central back in Benites(strong, tall & athletic). She could make a formidable combination with perhaps Erika?
    Remember Fabiana is really quick coming down the right side on offense. Maybe do what the euros do & turn her into an attacking fullback?
    Make Marta a midfielder(instead of fwd), which she plays really well in Tyreso. You would think also Christine would be available because the Russian league should be shut down by November.

Too bad about not getting Press, but I think everybody's going to like her, especially since she's breaking scoring records in Sweden(21 goals in 19 games). If her team mate, Marta, couldn't turn her towards Brazil, no one will!

16. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When last I saw, Erika was positioned at attacking mid-field and forward with the new coach, which is more natural for her. She will never be Daniela but is an ok replacement. Good football IQ and quality shot selection including a killer half volley. That's her natural spot from the u20s. Lima was an idiot to move her to the backline. They'd do better bring in Amanda and Thalia who are also Foz backs and tall like Bruna. I agree with Marta as a play maker. Deb and Giova > Thais and Wiggers as young forward prospects.

17. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    So are they going to stream any league matches from Brazil?

18. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #19 newsouth, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    :ROFLMAO:

You'll get the normal youtube footage. That $4M doesn't cover the players.

And why isn't Simone :p on the NT for experience? I'm not buying the wrong side of 30 story. Look at the USWN Granny T. :whistling:

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the more stacked Brazil taking on Canada at the 2012 Valais Cup
    1st half

2nd half

here was Brazil's lineup,
    GK Andraia
    Fabiana
    Aline
    Maurine
    Ester
    Miralides
    Renata
    Marta
    Thais
    Bruna
    Franille

with Erika & Christiane as subs

compare this to Brazil's recent game against Mexico
    GK Thais Picante
    Poliana
    Fran
    Benites
    Tamires
    Fabiana
    Thaisa
    Gabi
    Giavania
    Gislaine
    Debina

except for Fabiana & Thais(don't know if this is a repeat), it's a whole different team!

20. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #21 newsouth, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Jorge turned into Pia during his second run as coach. I wouldn't say stacked, say, "failed!" he'd go with the same squad against Mexico. He went with the "status quo" team and it was an epic failure. I don't want to go even go into Maurine and Ester being so bad that Marta had to fill-in in the mid-field, and Thais turned into the ultimate ball hog forward/attacker, just keep dribbling but don't worry about a shot while Debora got canned over Twitter rants and Giavania was ignored like Press.

Marcio is just doing a better job at testing everyone in every combination. I'd say he is doing a better job than Sermanni with what he has on the table, given Sermanni has refused to pair his best two forwards for even one game against a schedule of tomato cans while Marcio put a comedian, Poliana, on the squad but she has gotten better since I last saw her performing a musical at Santos.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The 2nd tape is screwed up so we don't get to see the 2nd half on what looked like a fantastic game.! But Brazil did well to beat Canada, pretty much dominating the 1st half as they put one heck of a press on. Too bad they couldn't duplicate their performance one month later at the Olympics.
    Their goalkeeper screwed up badly & let Canada back in the game in the end half, but Brazil scored again one minute later to clinch the victory. The new goalkeeper they got now, Thais Picante, is much better than the old one(as the one in this game).
    Fabiana looked a lot better than Marta in this game. The only thing is that she made this fast strides into the penalty box, but instead of trying to take a shots, made weak passes. She looks like just needs a little more polish to her game. What club is she's playing for now? as I wonder why she hasn't been swooped up yet by major team.
    Yeah, bring in the newbies Deborah upfront, Beatriz in the back & definitely the new goalkeeper, and Brazil probably could up their ranking to #3.(as I think Japan's fallin)
    But please keep Maurine, we need some eye candy too!
    here's just highlights of the game

22. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Faby should still be with São José. I believe Formia and Bruna are on the squad.

I think they have capped Calan at least 2 times, saw her in at least one game. Eye candy supreme vs Maurine, who just isn't an international quality mid-fielder.

Giovannia has been more productive than Debora. They make a nice combo going into 2015. I'm interested in seeing how Debora and Dunn match up.

Rank 3? They are playing solid but I've seen too many games where they let forwards slide behind them. They won't be able to recovery if it is Morgan or Sydney. They match up well in the footbal and athletic department with the USA but I see back-line issues getting them again.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I found this full game Saad vs Botufuca. Got several NT players on both teams. Unfortunatly played in pouring rain!

24. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Brazil vs. USWNT, full match replay on YouTube: