Brazil vs Mexico {r}

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ronaldina09, Apr 4, 2003.

1. ROM2

ROM2 New Member

Apr 27, 2000
    The trend these days is for the top national sides with players in major leagues tend to use friendlies as a possession training session whilst playing for a draw and only upping the gears if conceding a goal - which is a shame - except France.

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Yeah my bad, I recognize my mistake!

3. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Brazil vs Mexico

Does anyone know of any bars friendly to Brazil fans in Chicago? I would love to watch this game, but not in a bar full of hostile Mexico fans.

4. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    É você Brasileira?

That is the first question.

Second this match was played over a week ago. I'm not too sure of the Brazil culture in Chicago anymore. I am sure though that there is one of the many Brazilian shops - there are tons of them in Boston. You can even go into one of those and say if there is a bar that caters to the Brazilians or that is Brazilian owned.

I actually used to live in Illinois (Libertyville) and the next town over (Mundelien) used to have a very large Mexican population. I never really knew of the Mexican population there to be very negative - at least from when I talked to the Mexican kids even in high school.

Never fear - the CBF is planning probably one -two more friendlies before the Confed Cup, etc. So I still say go to the Brazil shops and see what's cookin'. But honestly the Mexican places will probably tune in to the Brazil matches anyway because of the football relationship.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    :confused:

The game was already played, April 30th

6. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Sorry, need a new calendar!

Sorry everyone, I flaked out a bit and thought it was still April. I'll double check before opening my mouth next time.

7. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Re: É você Brasileira?

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    no prob

BTW welcome Lisa!

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003