Brazil vs Mexico {r}

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ronaldina09, Apr 4, 2003.

1. ronaldina09

ronaldina09 New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Brasil vs Mexico

The games on april 30 and i think brasil will kick mexico's ass. Mexicans think they're really good aty futebol but.. they're not!!!

2. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Brasil vs Mexico

We should have our big boys playing as I read that the Mexican FA would not sign the contract without seeing Parreira's list of invitees!!

3. rafabas

rafabas New Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Miami
    about mexico match on the 30th

I read that Parreira has to call up the big name players in order to have the friendly against Mexico on the 30th. If not then they wont sign up the match. The reason for this is that they want the stars of the brazilian national team so that many ppl in mexico can go and watch the game to see them.

4. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Brasil vs Mexico

That's what I said wasn't it?!!

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    erm yes!

6. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes, it is what you said. Although, I'm highly suspicious that calling the big name players is an Evil Empire (Nike) move to attract more fans, and therefore, more money, rather than a Mexican FA move for the same reason. And it's just retarded to have friendlies when all European-based players are playing crucial matches in their respective championships and then you go pluck them out for some meaningless game. Can't it wait another month til the end of the European season?

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    dumb call about the scheduling of the match, no doubt, however would attract a huge crowd la canarinha if the top stars are not playing?

8. brazil2002

brazil2002 New Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Porto Alegre, Brasil
    Brasil vs Mexico

Mexico is paying a million dollar for the match and they want the world cup team.

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    :eek: thats a good reason to field the WC team!

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Brasil vs Mexico

Brazil is well liked in Mexico especially in Guadalajara where the game will be played at, so even if the Selecao brought their U-21 the game would pack the Stadium no doubt. Now the reason why the FMF wants to see the list of players is because of the high price the CBF is charging for the friendly. Other than that i just hope Brazil brings in a good competetive squad and i know they wont understimate Mexico. The Scratch do Oro has not been able to win a game since the WC and their last two meetings against Mexico were a 1-0 loss at Copa America and a 3-3 draw at Guadalajara..

11. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Re: Brasil vs Mexico

I remember both of the matches - the Confederations Cup was sort of a "coming out party" for Ronaldinho Gaucho with the full selecao - he was with the National team in the Copa America earlier in the summer but did not really get a chance to play because of the, IMO, successful strike partnership of Marcio Amoroso and Ronaldo. (Rivaldo wreaked havoc as a withdrawn striker). Actually the Copa America was the last time Brazil defeated Mexico. I think it was the mainly to dispell the poor WC final performance from a year before. INterestingly, though - Luxembourgo did not give Romario any considerations for either tournament.

But the match in Mexico was the "Romario Magic" - Mexico was up 3-1 I think and Romario exploded in the last 10 minutes.

Either way, Mexico vs Brazil is usually a good match-up. And VS is right - the FMF usually tries to guarantee that a selection will bring forth a high level squad. The side story - Parreira will need a very positive result from this match-up - which means that if it ends in a draw, Brazil should better have had a dominant performance or else he may fall under the eyes of the hounds. Also not in his favor is the timin of the match - if he calls on some of the English based players like Silva, that will be a problem with the managers - as well as the other teams with convoluted schedules + playing for Europe supremecy.

Personally, I'd rather be a Brazil manager in a video game. :D

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Brasil vs Mexico

Alexandrinho i think you have been spending too much time in Tiazinhas and Feiticeiras Dungeon of pleasure bceuase you have gottened your games mixed up. Let me break it down for you:

Confederations Cup (Mexico 1999) Mex 4-3 Bra

This was basically Brazils U-23 mixed with some veteran players. It was a very entertaining game but in the end it proved to be Cuauhtemocs day. http://www.senorgol.nu/mexico/alineacionconfed99mexvsbrafinal.htm

Copa America (Paraguay 1999) 2-0 and 2-1 Bra-Mex

Brazil faced Mexico twice in this Copa beating them both times. The first was 2-0 win and later on 2-1 in the Semifinal. Brazil went on to play Uruguay in the final which they won 3-0..

Mexico vs Brazil Friendly match (Guadalajara, Mex 2001) Mex 3-3 Bra

This was the thrilling 3-3 match up.The scoreline went back and forth and Romario scoring an awesome goal in the last minutes just as it seemed that Mexico would get the win..

Copa America (Colombia 2001) Bra 0-1 Mexico

This was shortly after Big Phil had taken over the Scratch do Oro and was experimenting with the squad. Brazili even went on to lose to Honduras, while Mexico went on to play the final against Colombia.

13. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I actually did remember them - just didn't want to look up the information to go into details. That's why I said the last time Brazil defeated Mexico was in the Copa America. The match in Mexico was interesting because Mexican coach was really losing it - and I don't think he lived that down. They should have won - Brazil had played a lackluster match against the United States earlier and still won 2-1 before going to days-maybe a week later.

At the Confederations Cup it wasn't the top Brazil selecao because of the previous months Copa America. So for the Confederations Cup, Brazil did bring some younger players but also carried over a few players that did not play much if at all in Copa America. That is why I say this is Ronaldinho's "coming out" party with the full Selecao. He terrorized the teams in that tournament, like he had in the youth tournaments.
    I remember Cafu was saying that a lot of players may have gone but clubs and some players bulked at the idea of playing non stop through two summers (the previous years WC in France).

14. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    The way I always qualified that tournament is that it was the same full Selecao that won the Copa America in 1999, but without Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cafu, and Roberto Carlos. I'm sure there were other changes, but those were the main starters missing if I remember. Just the ones that truly defined the 'A' team at the time. And Amoroso may not have been there.

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I didnt even remember that Joao Carlos and Odvan (who the ...)

16. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    Roni was on that team, and was Alex's coming out party in a manner of sorts - hasn't had a chance to do much since 2000, but he was there.

17. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Brasil vs Mexico

Parreira convoca 16 atletas que atuam no exterior para amistoso com o México

Lista estará completa na próxima semana com os jogadores qua atuam no Brasil

15/04/2003

CBF NEWS

O técnico Carlos Alberto Parreira convocou nesta terça-feira 16 jogadores que atuam no exterior para o amistoso com o México, no próximo dia 30, no Estádio Jalisco, em Guadalajara, no México.

http://www.cbfnews.bol.com.br/destaques/ult972u296.jhtm

Adriano
    Amoroso
    Belletti
    Cafu
    Dida
    Edmilson
    Emerson
    Flávio Conceição
    Gilberto Silva
    Juan
    Juninho Pernambucano
    Júnior
    Rivaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo
    Zé Roberto

Mod Note: Please remember to paste article link instead of full article.

18. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    Any guesses on the 6 to be invited from Brasil? Kleberson is already mentioned. Is Kaka still hurt? He didn't play last weekend.

It's amazing...2 friendlies with almost all of the 'stars' of the Selecao and not a single team has complained, player been disallowed for leave, application for release of players 2 days late...that must be some kind of record for the CBF. Of couse the game is still a way off, there's always time...

19. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Brasil vs Mexico

"Mod Note: Please remember to paste article link instead of full article."

Why?

20. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    why no diego and robinho?

21. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I think the TOS explains it but it's issues of reproducing content without permission I think.

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Players in Brazil are called up later. According to the above 6 players from Brazil will be called up. Perhaps Diego and Robinho will be two of them.

23. ROM2

ROM2 New Member

Apr 27, 2000
    The first 4 posts split my sides - it's beena while - Hey, MEHICO can play a bit and tend to give Brazil tuff games.

24. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland

Ombak pretty much got it. We cannot post on this site (commercial) full articles without expressed written consent from sources. It is in the TOS for details. I'm not trying to be a ball-buster - by all means do post articles and I certainly like them. But we can't have full articles posted. Just put in a few sentences and a link to the original article.

Alex

25. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Brasil vs Mexico

I thought that was the reason. Apologies for being ignorant.