Brazil vs. Cameroon [R] Pre-Post match thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Alex_1, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    In case those that want to discuss. Starting lineup:

GK DIDA
    D: Belleti
    D: Lucio
    D: Juan
    D: Kleber
    M: Emerson
    M: Kleberson
    M: Ricardinho
    M: Ronaldinho
    F: Adriano
    F: Gil

Cameroon

GK: Kameni
    D: Tachato
    D: Song (Rigobert)
    D: Geremi
    D: Mettomo
    M: Perriere Duombe
    M: Mbami
    M: Foe
    F: Djemba
    F: Idrissou
    F: Etoo

Cameroon starting no domestics. Then again, Cameroon doesnt' have any domestics on their side. They're trying to advance, and after the US/Turkey result know that theyhave to do well here to keep that chance as high as possible.

2. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Full Time: 0-1 Cameroon

The Brazil undefeated streak over CAF ends - Parreira left to rethink the Selecao's scoring ability and inspiration yet again. Not a postitive result, and so start the boo-birds in Brazil.

CBF will go full throttle against the US and expect to win, and apply tremendous pressure - especially if the US uses the same defense used against Turkey. As of right now, the most favorable scenario after teh next match would be a draw between Turkey & Cameroon, but Cameroon looks very strong.

3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Man I wish I could see that goal, and here I am stuck with only audio. At least I'll be able to watch France tomorrow...

Cameroon have had some big results in the Stade de France--didn't they beat France there a few years back? I remember Mboma scoring (because he played for us for a few games that season). Shame about their world cup, but then, that can be said of a lot of teams.

Doesn't look good for the US, though...

4. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Stupid Parreira

Thank you Parreira for another uninsterest, piss poor game from Brazil. The friendly against Nigeria was just a shadow near this display of negligence, bad passing and terrible crossing. Not mentioning the cameroonese outruned the brazilians everytime.

What about the strategy? WTF was the best fit player of the brazilian league doing in the bench the whole game? Why change Adriano for another foward in the inexperienced Ilan? The only fucking sub in the entire game!

At least the brazilian press is already taking it seriously. Galvão Bueno the powerful Rede Globo commentator didn't give Parreira a rest for the entire 2nd half. This will shake their worlds for a little.

About the Cameroon team, they were unrecognizable. They didn't played like an african team. Very tough on defense, physical, and outrunning the brazilian attacks. More like an european, scandianavian team. They scored in their only clear chance in the 2nd half till then. They didn't play the entertaining, attacking and fun to watch african game. But Brazil deserved to lose anyway, oh yeah!

5. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    If Parreira doesn't swap strategies, it looks dandy for the US. Cameroon obtained their desired result. Brazil did not.

Migkiller - where did he have Ronaldinho? And was Emerson existent? I remember many saying that Emerson was more of a hinderance than a contributor to the CBF system.

Remember, the "big picture" is giving new players for the CBF a go before qualifying starts. See... the problem I have with this is that I figured the "kids" would be playing in qualifying - so it would have been beneficial to see them here. Oh well.

6. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Re: Stupid Parreira

Thats because they have a german coach, my brazilian friend.

Winfried Schaefer. The dompteur of the lions.

That was a little revenge for yokohama!

7. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Re: Stupid Parreira

Somewhere the gods of the beautiful game must be moaning. ;)

Alex_1, Ronaldinho played as foward. He didn't entirely suck but definately didn't play like in the Nigeria firendly.

Yes, Emerson was non-existant. I just remember him from making a few terrible crossings that must have made the old Cafu shake in his grave.

8. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Re: Re: Re: Stupid Parreira

Hehe, Judgementday...

Anyway, I think this was a big success for Cameroon, and the goal was splendid!

9. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid Parreira

I agree. They were cellebrating like it was a victory in the World Cup. Congratulations for them.

10. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Re: Re: Re: Stupid Parreira

See the thing is so many people say that the Selecao plays better without Emerson - and I have been thinking that there may be some merit to that. Kleberson and Gilberto Silva fit in better to the Selecao's style of play.

Why not put in Fabiano instead of the uncapped Ilan. Heck, I might have even started him instead of as the last (and only) sub of the match. And why not Alex in midfield if Gaucho is at forward? Poor tactics.

It is a bitter pill but Cameroon were better prepared and were the better team.

11. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good game report in this article. I like their harshness on Parreira:

http://br.news.yahoo.com//030619/16/cima.html

12. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    I believe Fabiano was questionable with a muscle strain.

I agree about CAP's tactics - especially the complete lack of adjustments and competitiveness in the 2nd half. Honestly, I thought Brasil played fairly well in the first half. They totally dominated the first half, and were unlucky not to get a better look at goal. Cameroon played good defense from the start, though there was a little confusion. Their midfield never seemed to get together in the first half.

In the 2nd half, Cameroon pulled together, stopped looking intimidated, and just outhustled Brasil all over the field.

I understand Brasil has a game in 2 days, and that may have had to do with some of the lineup and lack of subs. However - how on earth do you not substitute Ricardinho for Alex with 30 minutes left? He's probably in the best form of anyone on the team.

The last 20 minutes it was so obviously that if anyone was going to score, it wasn't going to be Brasil. They were uninteresed. It completely reminded me of a Luxemburgo game.

And what was up with the passing in the second half? It was truly disgusting.

Personally, I didn't think Emerson played any worse than anyone else in the second half. His first half was quite good, winning many balls and was a little dangerous going forward. He still doesn't seem to have the personality to lead this team.

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MIG i have to disagree with you, i think Ronaldinho did entirely suck. He seemed to be playing like he really didnt even want to be there. His dribbling was poor, at many times it seemed like he couldnt even hold the ball, and his passing was way off.

One thing that was strange to me is the overall lack of interest/effort in the game from the Brazilians. Maybe i would of expected it from the A team, but not from a bunch of younger players.

And Riotom i dont think Luis Fabiano was questionable anymore. He had a thigh injury i believe but that was over a week ago and i am pretty sure he is fine now. If i am right i have no idea how they couldnt play him.

And that goal from my man Eto'o was nice!!! Its nice to see him start off well after a mediocre WC display.

14. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    Re: Stupid Parreira

hey man relax
    youll enjoy what brazil will do to the usmnt--run circles all around them scoring backheel goals
    youll see

USMNT DEMOLITION CONTINUES

these mls guys were saying oh were gonna beat turkey and cameroon and we an even beat brazil

yeah ok...alll 3 teams in this group have a style that is fun to watch except for the usmnt--who are a joke to the masses that follow fudbal all over the world

15. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    Cameroon played a very good game and showed a lot of discipline (due to their German coach?). They have excellent potential if they can keep up such disciplined performances.

Brazil was a major disappointment. Parreira failed to make any adjustments during the course of the game. Apart from Ronaldinho the attack was very predictable and Cameroon's tough midfielders were able to close Brazil's midfielders down.

I thought Brazil's defense overall played well but I guess we expect that from Parreira's teams. Lucio was unlucky in misreading that bouncing ball which allowed Eto'o to get behind him. Even then Lucio still pressured Eto'o and it took a very well struck and placed shot to score. Apart from that chance Brazil shut Cameroon down offensively. But how many chances did Brazil create on the other end? Not enough to win.

I heard Luis Fabiano may miss the entire tournament with an injury. If that's the case Brazil should have replaced him before the tourney began. I agree with those who said Alex should have been brought on for Ricardinho yesterday. But Parreira's attitude yesterday seemed to be let the 11 who started decide the game (except he took out his most lethal forward).