Brazil-Holland, 4th June

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Denilson70, Apr 2, 2011.

1. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    yes! we might finally be able to do something now that Elia's on for Kuyt, and Huntelaar's on for van Persie

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    First half Holland the better side, second half Brazil clearly the better side. No idea why all of a sudden the Dutch aren´t keeping the shape of the squad smaller now. I´m liking Krul so far.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Robben has been his selfish self but then again if you take that away from him it would be a shame. Ramirex thoroughly deserved his sending off. Elia disappointing so far. Playing vs Alves has undoubtedly brought him back to earth, thank you Mr Alves.

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the problem is that everyone's trying to dribble past the brazilian's themselves-which isn't really possible.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Actually what I like about Elia is that no matter how crap a game he´s having he keeps on trying. That´s the true Dutch spirit of winger-ship.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Thank you ref for punishing the cheating. FFS.

7. supersewelly

supersewelly Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nice to see Krul doing alright. :)

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He´s doing just fine, kudos to the boy. Good news for Holland and the barcodes!

9. supersewelly

supersewelly Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I think he'll almost certainly be our outright #1 next season. He has clear talent but needs as many games as possible to develop.

Who is the usual 2nd and 3rd choice behind Stekelenburg?

10. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    unfortunately, spain's going to get even further ahead of us after they destroy the USA

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Third is uncertain but second is Vorm.

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    The Netherlands slightly better in the first half, Brazil better in the second. If one team deserved to win it was Brazil, but to be honest none deserved to win.

Great match to get sleepy from so I'll gonna sleep.

Neymar is overroepen...

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You know it´s weird that the dutch get a bad rep in that respect. I guess people have a harder time with tough tackling than with cheating.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Mwah the Dutch have a better win-loss record than Spain over the past three years and it´s not like they destroyed Holland in the WC final.

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Krul MOTM.

Vorm should definately be worried because Krul deserves to be 2nd behind Stekelenburg with Vermeer also on the way.

Afellay and RVP partnership was the highlight of the 1st half, but their bromanship isolated Robben a bit who got fed up and scorched that shot over while he should've passed it wide to RVP.

RVP skinning 3 Brazilians had a lot of wow factor.

Robben on form is still head and shoulders above everybody else though, only Sneijder is on par with him if he plays.

I'm not sure if RVP should be our CF? With him roaming the field we're often without bodies in the box.. Why can't we play with both KJH and RVP?

2nd half was all about the failed tandem of Elia and Pieters. How embarassing was it btw. when that statistic came up which showed that Pieters only came up once to VDW's 9.

Strootman impressive free kick, but was a bit anonymous. Kuyt bestet his Liverpool mate in midfield, but didn't offer much attacking threat.

Heitinga and Mathijssen = solid.

Brasil wanted revenge and honestly,

..they were a bit dissapointing.

Neymar is a beast, but the amount of diving he did SMH. Lucio is a legend.

16. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i would have preferred Afellay on the left, RvP in the middle, KJH infront, and Robben on the right. i think it was less of an Elia-Pieters fail so much as it was a Pieters existence fail. he rarely came forward, but when Brazil attacked down their right flank, it was always either Mathijssen or Elia/Kuyt who would end up taking them on.

17. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    but somehow we're still 150 points behind them in the FIFA world rankings

18. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I hope to see more of Strootman next wednesday. Defensively he was great, but I didn't see him offer much offensively.

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Does anyone have the shirt numbers of the non-playing Dutch players please?

20. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Here's why RvP (second touch) should always start over Huntelaar:

[​IMG]

21. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This. Absolutely this. I think Holland need to unearth a speedy frontman for the oranje, if not for euro12 then for wc14(van persie will be almost 31), who knows how to play on the counterattack but can also offer some strength when the play slows down. You have van persie supporting, a talent like that, and he is the perfect number 9.5 schemer.

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    They should both start imo, RVP today and in the WC showed that he's less prolific as should in Oranje. He's unhuman for Arsenal, but somehow doesn't bring it when playing under van Marwijk. Huntelaar is the topscorer this qualifying campaign, 8 goals in 4 games, best goal ratio in Europe. There's no sense in overlooking that feat.

KJH

Robben - Sneijder - RVP

VDV - MVB/Janssen

De Jong* - Mathijssen - Heitinga - VDW

St. Maarten​

*I honestly think Nigelinho can do a better job than Pieters there, LB is how he started out for Ajax.

Elia and Afellay are perfect impact subs.

23. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I wouldn't leave out Afellay for Huntelaar right now, he was one of the better players today. Huntelaar is great when Oranje is dominating, but as soon as something needs to be forced, he's nowhere to be seen.

Pieters is terrible yes, I hope another LB comes through before the EC next year, but that's probably wishful thinking.

24. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i don't think the sin is leaving out Afellay for Huntelaar, it's leaving out Afellay for RvP. when we have Sneijder in the middle, there's no need for the striker to come back into the midfield. all he needs to do is put the balls into the back of the net when they enter the box. I'd rather Afellay or Elia over RvP any day.

Huntelaar
    Afellay, Sneijder, Robben
    VDV, De Jong
    Anita, Mathijssen, Heitinga, VdW​

Do you think that Anita or Blind could do a better job than Peiters? unfortunately Holland's best academy only produces foreign defenders now

25. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Pieters is better than Anita, Emanuelson or Blind. That said, it says more about the level of Dutch backs than about Pieters.