News: Brazil Greatest Team of ALL TIME 2010

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by JamesBH11, Mar 21, 2010.

1. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Almost as terrible as comparing Maradona to Garrincha.

Who btw also destroyed them in 1962.;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbG-CnTE5DA"]YouTube- Garrincha - A Sad... (part Garrincha vs England)[/ame]

And precisely 40 years later reincarnated in Ronaldinho Gaúcho in 2002.:eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dSRXS53sdk"]YouTube- Brasil x Inglaterra Copa Do Mundo 2002 Quartas de Final[/ame]

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fantastic!
    And don't forget one of the greatest games of all time, the first world cup ever broadcast on satelite TV,and watched by more people than the landing on the moon.
    Brasil 1 X England 0.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxczR1DUvWA"]YouTube- 1970 WC Group 3 BRAZIL v ENGLAND[/ame]

England went to Mexico bringing their own water and already claiming to be the world cup champs. Brasil destroyed England and allways does, and the Brits can't forget it, so they escreve bullshit articles and destroy our players in the Premiership as was the case with Robinho.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd rep you both if I could. Every WC, it's the same story. The English say they are going to win the Cup and the media hype machine kicks into high gear. I'd love to face them in the semis this year.

4. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep,

And that angelical assist by Pelé to Jairzinho's goal, right after Tostão thrust a ball in the middle of the legs of England's pride, Bobby Moore, 'the greatest CB of all times'.

In fact the greatest collective goal ever IMO - more than Carlos Alberto's against Italy, since at that the chicken was already dead while Jairzinho's was practically the one that decided the Cup.

(I had btw the opportunity to once more personally greet Jair for the goal two years ago at a Recreio dos Bandeirantes bar in Rio).

That was too much for them.:p

PS: Robinho more than anybody else, I bet, must be longing for a match with them in SA.

If that happens I'll add a brand new sofa to my waiting room, just to watch the massacre.
    :D

5. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As time goes by, Maradona will be percieved as the greatest more and more. The older generations die off and the newer ones will pick Maradona just because they saw him play and they were not around in Pele's hayday.

I have a friend who told me once that the only 82 player that he bought into the hype was Junior. He never told me why but its obvious, he saw Junior's amazing run with Flamengo in 1992, but never saw Zico and Falcao playing in their primes.
    When in fact Junior himself would say that these guys were just as good as him or better, but it's the way it is. Most sports fans only believe in what they see.

6. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    maybe. but i think pele is just different from other players in different sports. i mean looking back to the earlier eras -- really, i can only say that wilt chamberlain and babe ruth are still considered the tops. maybe wilt not so much now because the rules were different for Centers then...and well, we have lebron and kobe these days. but pele? he was just so dominant for an extended period of time. even people who never saw him will still acknowledge this...unless they're argentine or english.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dead wrong.
    The greatest are never forgotten.
    Mozart the greatest composer, Elvis the greatest singer, PELE the greatest Futebol player of all time – there will never be another like PELE.
    Maradona is the one that will be forgotten, you can be sure of that.

8. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Pele was God and Garrincha was 2nd God.

Everybody else are simply human beings, and some of these are experts in "manos de dios" - like Maradona and T. Henry.... LOL

here is a nice compilation.... may the force be with you!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLL94n-cZf4"]YouTube- Soccer (Football) Best Brazilian Players[/ame]

9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL, oh my God, that ref on T. Henry's goal - he should be shot. Henry was playing volleybal, and the ref just wanted France in the cup. God damn politics! And can you believe that FIFA chose that ref as one of the world cup refs in SA??!! Pray we don't get him.

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    it is amazing that this happens all the time - they chose the damnest bastards to be referees in the most important tournament! We have refs who know nothing at all about soccer, and they get to be refs in World Cup!!!!!!!

11. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maradona quit football in 1994 - 16 years ago.

Pelé in 1970 - 40 years ago.

Who did Maradona have as opponent (and lost) in FIFA's experts election for Best Player of the Century in 2000?...

...The King.:eek:

Why not way more recent Beckenbauer, Cruyjff, Platini, Zico, Romário, Baggio, Ronaldo, Zidane?...

Pelé - El Pibe's eternal phantom - will never die.

El Pibe is only commented yet because of his recent fiascos as Argentina's NT coach.:p

12. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I see the Pele vs Maradona thing similar too basketball. There are people who still believe Wilt Chamberlain was the best ever, others will even say Magic or Kareem or Bird.

But 90% of people out there will say Jordan was the GOAT based on the fact that he played in a time when NBA was experiencing a big worldwide expansion. A lot of "Noobs" began tuning in to watch and they saw Jordan. Add to that the Nike hype machine and he's the most popular ever.

Babe Ruth is still considered the best ever because the last few generations in Baseball have been caught in a Steroid scaldal after another, the new guys have lost credibility.

before FIFA's website came up with that poll, Pele was considered the best ever, and Maradona was always second to him. It's been only in the last decade or so that most fans began picking Maradona as their #1 ever. Is like I said, the older generations die off, the new ones have either saw Mardona play, or they hear from their elders, a lot of them who were around in Maradona's days but not Pele's.

13. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mozart is a very poor comparsion. All of Mozart's compositions are still around. You can still play them to this day. A lot of Pele's work is not recorded or has been lost. Also, Mozart is only the best to a few select group of critics, and most people could not even identify one Mozart song.

Elvis is not the best singer ever, this is off topic but is not even up to discussion. You may say he's one of the best performers ever, an icon, but best singer? Frank Sinatra and many others would rolling in they graves right now,

and besides, I'm not talking about anybody being forgotten. What I'm saying is the perception of which is the best player ever changes with each passing generation. Domingos da Guia used to say that Leonidas was just as good as Pele, the difference being Leonidas played in the radio era, and Pele in the TV era. This is what I'm talking about.

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don’t think that the perception of PELE being the God of Futebol, the greatest of all time, the “REI”, will ever change with the passing of generations. Unless of course you are Argentinean or a Brit.

15. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If there was a FIFA Internet poll nowadays, Maradona would be way behind many people.

'El Pibe' nowadays is already an 'abuelito' & doesn't catch the always eager for novelties youngsters' fancy anymore.

Messi or Christiano Ronaldo would probably win it.

If Robinho doesn't take their crown in South Africa.:D

PS: In the experts & more reasonable (young or old) people's opinions there are no doubts though: Pelé all the way.;)