Brazil ᴡɴᴛ ❖ 2019 & 2020

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by sbahnhof, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Germany is more of a rival.

2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isn't she mostly a bunker-counter coach? Other than 2011-12 I don't see much attacking from her, is she the right one for Brazil?

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany hasn't beaten the US since 2003. Besides that, they seem to have lost interest in woso: the NT's home crowds only average around 3-7K, the 1st div/Bundesliga lucky to make it to the 4 digits at their matches.

judging from the BS forum, most Euro fans have flown the coup after the US dominating performance

so the only healthy rivalry seems to be Japan, where the Nakeshiko thread(on BS) is doing quite well. It's die hard fans keep insisting that the ref robbed them(vs NED) & they still got the superior soccer & will get their revenge next Olympics(played in Japan)

Pia will bring much needed feminism to the machismo world of Brazil, but otherwise, Sweden's famed bunker system only worked cuz they had the worlds fastest player in Sofia Jakobsson to counter with. Pia would definitely needs to get rid of the old guard(samba/short passing stuff) & bring in long balling more. Perhaps finally start the faster. Ludmilla(Athletico Madrid)

the Brazlians got plenty of talent playing in the US, with the likes of here of Debra, Andressa, Polianna, Monica, Camila in the NWSL,

but also in college where Marcario was named NCAA poy, Santos NAIA poy, then not coincidentally, both won mvp this last weekend's UWS & WPSL finals.

PS yeah, I know, Marcario claims she wants to become an American citizen, but maybe she''s have a change of heart with Pia at the helm?

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone have good knowledge about Thaisa? I saw her as a ok DM in the WWC.

6. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    She was in Italy last season at AC Milan, but I can only recall her opening goal against the champs Juventus. She says the coach Carolina Morace improved her game a lot:

- https://trivela.com.br/thaisa-milan-selecao-brasileira-entrevista, Autotranslated (Archived) Please note translation is bad at pronouns

[​IMG]
    Thaisa in 2014 at Tyresö
    (Ailura, CC BY-SA 3.0 AT)

Huh? Thailand isn't a European country. :)

Probably a bad idea to judge anything from the so-called BS forum... it's not exactly a barometer. (Germany really gets a lot of TV viewers, but for some reason it's much harder to get them to the stadiums.)

blissett and Slowpokeking repped this.
  7. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    One overlooked story, about the new logo :confused:
    ☆☆☆☆☆

Brazilian WNT jersey in 2020 will have only stars of women's victories
    - https://globoesporte.globo.com/blog...as-estrelas-das-conquistas-das-mulheres.ghtml (Archived)

(as posted in the Brazil Copa América threads, thanks!)

[​IMG]
    Mônica wearing the 5 stars at the 2014 Copa América Feminina
    (Agencia de Noticias ANDES, cc-by-sa)

Teams were kinda divided between having and not having the stars from men's teams - Argentina and Italy covered them on jerseys, but Italy's were still seen on shorts. https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/06/italy-womens-team-got-rid-of-stars-on-shirts-only.html

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  8. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Go, Pia, go! :thumbsup:

This week, her first test: The Uber Tournament (ugh)

Semi-final

Pia, you're a genius!

BRASIL 5 x 0 ARGENTINA em SÃO PAULO
    - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJwIww_3Zz8
    [​IMG]

Aaaaargh

Final: BRASIL X CHILE, 0-0 (4-5 on penalties)
    - www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmQRwOhNWPE
    [​IMG]

But you know, it takes time to get established I guess.

Exciting clubs! At the moment the Brasileirão women's league playoffs are on – plz check it out if you have time. The Seleção's newest call-up, Ju Ferreira, scored a last-minute golazo for Flamengo, who'll play the champions Corinthians in the upcoming semi-finals.

CONMEBOL club WoSo
    - https://www.bigsoccer.com/posts/38118480

blissett repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sbahnhof repped this.
  10. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    sbahnhof repped this.
  11. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Pia and Lilie, you're a... genius! ... geniuseses ... :confused:

England 1-2 Brazil | Brilliant England header not enough against clinical Brazil - youtu.be/jL4frnJh4GI
    [​IMG]

Poland 1 - 3 Brazil | Polska - Brazylia (1:3)
    - www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKu2ufRAX8
    [​IMG]

Lechus7 repped this.
  12. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] It's Brasil v Canada at the Yongchuan friendly tournament, later today/tonight, with the final and the 3rd-place game on Sunday 10 Nov.

Quinta-feira (07/11) | Chongqing Yongchuan Sports Center Stadium (Chongqing, China)
    5h (BRA) | 16h (CHN) - Brasil x Canadá
    8h45 (BRA) | 19h35 (CHN) - China x Nova Zelândia​

Lechus7 repped this.
  13. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Pia, you're a genius! But work on the penalties...

In Yongchuan, China: Marta crosses to Formiga for a goal, and it's like it's 2003 again!

Brazil 4 - 0 Canada - (Chú 11', Formiga 22', Beatriz/Bia Zaneratto 40', 57')
    https://www.cbf.com.br/cbf-tv/selecao-feminina-melhores-momentos-de-brasil-4-x-0-canada
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] Final: China 0 - 0 Brazil - (4-2 on penalties)
    Highlights: https://www.cbf.com.br/cbf-tv/selecao-feminina-melhores-momentos-de-brasil-0-2-x-4-0-china / (Match report: CBF)

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sbahnhof repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "Go in peace, teacher, your mission on this earth has been fulfilled with great success,” wrote Marta on Instagram. "I don’t know another human being the same, you knew how to live life in a dignified and honest way. I’m so proud to have lived wonderful moments by your side and to have had the opportunity to learn so much. Thank you for everything and rest in peace."

So, this crowd was just imaginary?

Corinthians x São Paulo - Paulista Feminino 2019
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamFTRqA0ck&t=20m
    [​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  17. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Sundhage is back in Brazil - after the coach was stranded in Sweden for 5 months due to the coronavirus pandemic. (Short interview video in English below.)
    Also, she has a personalized mask so we know she isn't an impostor, and, judging by the tactics board, they're experimenting with some scary new formations.

It's quite doubtful South America will have any more international games in 2020, and it may take a long time - the worldwide virus crisis could affect the continent's football disproportionately.

Other non-recent 'news'

World Cup bid KO'd: Brazil's interest in hosting the 2023 tournament reached the last 4, but the CBF withdrew citing the current financial uncertainty.

Bia Zaneratto wins in video game: The Palmeiras striker beat Spain's Sheila Garcia 5-1, I don't think it counts for the Fifa rankings.

Two points at the Tournoi: Brazil's last matches in March ended in draws v Netherlands (0-0) and behind closed doors v Canada (2-2) with a classic Marta goal, after a loss to the tournament hosts:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyYY8f1dIGk
    [​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No news from Brazil? When I've read about a parrot landing on Bruna Benites' head during a training match in Teresopolis, I wondered which kind of match could it have been. Has Brazil any upcoming match scheduled for the next months? Any news from Brazilian women's club football?

[​IMG]

19. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Club football is running in Brazil almost as normal, surprisingly - the CBF revived the season after a long break. I'll post in the Conmebol thread nearer to the final. That match in Teresópolis was part of the training for the Brazil-based national squad, I believe. They haven't organized any internationals, but Sundhage is in Portugal this week for a training camp with the 'Northern Hemisphere' players
    https://www.cbf.com.br/selecao-bras...nta-nesta-segunda-para-inicio-de-preparacao-1

blissett repped this.