Bravo Conte, Forza Italia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very proud of Antonio Conte's work with this Italia side. Injuries to first Marchisio, Verratti before the tournament and then to Candreva and De Rossi during depleted our midfield. Yet, we brought the Germans to Penalties, a lottery that we were unlucky at this time.

His passion, energy and enthusiasm was amazing to watch and he emphasised work ethic and heart above all. I respect that.

His selections weren't perfect - even his supporters would admit that Jorginho, Gabbiadini and maybe even Berardi would have been helpful but to be fair, Eder and Pelle (before the penalty) were solid this tournament.

He didn't make full use of his creative talent - Insigne, Bernardeschi and El Shaarawy, but our identity was based on work ethic, structure and defense and not magic. So, again - I respect his tactics.

This thread is a simple thank you to him. He brought great memories to me this tournament, great joy in making it this far and it was quite nice for almost everyone, neutrals and even our own people, to turn from pessimistic to optimistic.

Thank you Conte, Bravo Conte, Bravo Italia, Forza Azzurri.
    Ventura will hopefully continue his work and evolve and strengthen the squad.

Rosay, Daei_10 and gumbacicc repped this.
  2. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He's a great motivator but was never going to create a winner with his lack of trust for half of the team.

el napulitan repped this.
  3. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grazie Conte. Definitely gained me as a fan.

Rosay, meazza and Stamos repped this.
  4. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not going to hate on the guy, definitely exceeded my expectations. Now it's time to bring the well deserved youngsters in.

Rosay repped this.
  5. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Don't be sad, I have great news for you. Conte said he hopes to sit on the Italy bench again one day. Fcuking marvelous.

6. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sarri should be considered if he leaves Napoli. That's a miracle worker.

7. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    For the results he obtained he earned respect. You have to give him that.

Rosay and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conte definitely stepped up and proved everyone wrong. he made this tournament memorable and took the Germans to penalties. The team bowed out with grace.

Rosay, meazza and johnny6 repped this.
  9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Whether you like him or not he's ascending to the top of world football and at a record pace.

I'm thankful for the passion that he put in to this project.

Rosay repped this.
  10. Gila11

Gila11 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I couldn't be more content with what the team and coach achieved. Not one superstar and they were able to take down 2 of the best team teams in the world with great fashion. They only lost to Germany in penalty kicks. What more can you ask of a team and coach. I have been watching the azzurri from the 70's and this is the most excited and impressed I've been.
    I love our team and coaches passion. Conte has deserved all the accolades he has received and is undoubtably one of the best coaches in the world. IMHO, the best Italian coach!!

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Where's his biggest fan, @Falc at?
    :)

12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great coach but a stubborn bastard who should have put fresh legs in the second half and we could possibly be in the semis with France.

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You forgot to mention, great coach who doesn't smell his own balls and ass :)

Rosay and phat repped this.
  14. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    But maybe that's what you need in a coach?

Midfield General repped this.