Brasileirão vs other leagues

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Emperor Adriano, May 27, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just starting this to see people's opinions. I think it's a top 5 lg but I have been hearing a lot of hate lately. Someone even said the Belgium lg was better.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    It's definitely the deepest league in the world. Very high technical ability. Its hard to get excited about mid level games in other countries, but in Brasil a lot of times 2 mid level teams will put on a show. And its not the same tired story and teams year after year. It's fluid.

What holds it back is the management. The teams are run with no long term planning. It's all about what will save their ass or make them look good for this week or this month.

3. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    I think top 6 are:

1) England - despite top teams not being as strong as Bayern and Real Madrid/Barcelona.
    2) Spain
    3) Germany
    4) Italy
    5) Brazil - top teams not as strong as PSG and probably a couple of other French teams, but the non-top teams are better than the French ones.
    6) France - strong top teams, not so strong below them.

Cool Rob and Mengão86 repped this.
  4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think even people in Brazil underestimate or take for granted the overall technical ability of the lg.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I actually completely agree with this list. I could see people having a knee jerk reaction and putting France above Brazil due to the past 2 seasons. I wonder who has the best second division in the world besides the English championship. The serie b has to be second IMO but I'm a bit biased.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have to admit, I thought I was being baited by this topic. I was armed and ready to bash Liga Sagres and the Eastern European leagues. Belgium? With all due respect, but it's not worth my effort.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @zahzah

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With the copa America we will be getting a lot of traffic outside the Brazil forum so I'm assuming if this thread is upped a lot of people will respond. I also need a place to rant about state level players and serie b players tearing up European lgs.

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Belgium is probably the worst I have heard. A few years back a poster (not on here) claimed the Brazil league was on par with Italian Serie B level.

10. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    I have seen people on youtube , MLS sites and such saying that MLS is better than the Brasileirão...

It might well become better one day, but right now it's nowhere near close.