Brasileirão 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Emperor Adriano, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't know the numbers off hand, but it's all relative to the fan base size and spread. Vasco has a big enough fan base and they are in different parts of Brazil where they would command a decent chunk of money. Botafogo and Santos have smaller fan bases compared to Vasco and are more localized, so they are probably making less.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I tried thinking of a good American sports comparison, but football fluctuates quite a bit. Once the Patriots dynasty goes away and they hit a low point, fans will dwindle to a lower point than where they are now. I guess a good sport to use is maybe baseball. It's like giving the Yankees and Red Sox 60% of the revenue from TV and the rest are dividing up the remaining 40% based off fan base size.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    next time globo comes with a list let me know. I have a real difficult time explaining this to people who ask me about the brazilian lg.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are 3 "contracts" : Off Air Tv, Cable, and PPV. Globo owns channels in all 3 categories (Globo, SporTV, Premiere) that has been showing games. Break down of Off Air TV is divided 40% equally between clubs, 30% is divided based based on final league position, 30% for # games that are actually aired (which Fla and Cor are aired the most). Not sure what the break down is for last 2 categories are. This is more fair than previous years.

I don't know how the cable channel payout is. Maybe it's bundled with PPV.

Big difference is PPV this year. Flamengo and Corinthians are guaranteed 120m and 110m out of the 650m pie each while no other club is guaranteed anything. I think those numbers can grow. Other teams are paid based on performance (fans signing up and paying for packages / games).

A projection for this year if Flamengo is champ is that they would earn 327m. Corinthians would earn 271m. These are around 147m (Fla) and 92m (Cor) increase compared to their potential in 2018. Sao Paulo would be third with 173m which is a big difference. Globo was trying to give Palmeiras around the same as Sao Paulo minus a 15-20% fee for having signed with Ei for cable TV games.

Atletico-MG, Cruzeiro, Gremio, Vasco, Inter, Santos could end up receiving less than 2018. I think all of these would get around more or less 100m if champs.

Here is a link with a graphic.

http://cassiozirpoli.com.br/a-projecao-maxima-sobre-as-cotas-de-tv-do-campeonato-brasileiro-de-2019/

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Perfect, Thank you.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Guerrero would score against us. Unreal.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    then you get varred..... makes it difficult to win on the road.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, and there was a rule change preventing any ball to hand action leading to a goal. Even though Rhodolfo's arm and hand were glued to his body, they are going to call that now if it leads to a goal.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    seen it a lot already. the flu x goias came was absolute chaos due to var.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    GOLACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo Flamengo, Damn !!!

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    SMH. Arao tracking back on Inter's second goal like he just crapped his pants. Massive hole in the middle of the defense with Rene trying to close down.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny thing is that Libertadores will still have the old rules. So concurrent competitions with different rules.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CSA ? Puta vacilo ...

Mengão86 repped this.
  15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Abel is giving some quotes that make it seem like he misses being at Inter. It's one thing to show respect and congratulate the opponent, but the coach of Flamengo shouldn't be saying these things after a loss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is actually sickening. It's absolutely normal losing to a team that isn't as good as your team??? Lol

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah. I question if he really wanted this job. I don't think he used to the pressure. He has made some very uncharacteristic choices. The issue is who the hell would we hire to replace him. I do not want to see us gamble on another intern coach like Barbieri or Ze Ricardo and hope they strike fire temporarily and fizzle out. Missing out on Renato Gaucho really hurts right about now.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1st quote is not as bad. 2nd one is not something Flamenguistas want to hear. Keep it to yourself.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He shows an understanding of what it's supposed to be like coaching and playing for Inter with those quotes. But since he's our coach, he shows little or no understanding of what it's like to coach or play for Flamengo. You think there's more pressure at Inter? You can't say those things.

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As a neutral i was hoping he'd take the job. Why didn't he end up taking it ? He's the best manager in brazil at the moment and probably will be for a long time. Never thought I'd say that.

There are good managers in brazil too. They would rather hire medallions or unknowns with no resume like you mentioned.

I thought the abel hire would work out. I never thought they'd be conceding 2 goals every time they play a decent team on the rd. It doesn't make sense to keep him with the defense as leaky as it is.

Your boy dorival is free.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The fan base and front office won't even give Dorival time to work. Plus, if they hire him now, it'll be the second time in a row that they hired him to put out an immediate fire. I think the two things that are killing Abel outside of the fullback problem is Arao in the midfield and his love for Diego. Arao isn't helping you defensively by leaving too much space when he pushes forward. He's not cutting off pass lanes or winning any balls when he's in position. The only positive thing he has done is provided an additional option in the box when we are in the final third. The Arrascaeta for Diego sub was a bit puzzling to me yesterday. It took Inter's second goal for him to get creative with his subs.

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    this is my favorite 11 from sampaoli so far this year. should pay off.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Borja não entra em campo há 7 jogos. E não joga há uns 30.

@V_Park

V_Park repped this.