Brasileirão 2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Mar 10, 2016.

?

This year's Champion will be....

Poll closed Jul 10, 2016.
  1. Corinthians

22.2%
  2. Palmeiras

33.3%
  3. Santos

11.1%
  4. Sao Paulo

11.1%
  5. Flamengo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fluminense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Atletico-MG

22.2%
  8. Internacional

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gremio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A CBF divulgou aos 20 clubes da Série A a tabela do Brasileirão de 2016. Confira as duas primeiras rodadas:

1ª RODADA (14 e 15 maio):

Botafogo x São Paulo
    Flamengo x Sport
    Corinthians x Grêmio
    Palmeiras x Atlético-PR
    Internacional x Chapecoense
    Coritiba x Cruzeiro
    Figueirense x Ponte Preta
    América-MG x Fluminense
    Atlético-MG x Santos
    Santa Cruz x Vitória

2ª RODADA (21 e 22 de maio):
    Vitória x Corinthians
    Fluminense x Santa Cruz
    São Paulo x Internacional
    Santos x Coritiba
    Cruzeiro x Figueirense
    Grêmio x Flamengo
    Atlético-PR x Atlético-MG
    Chapecoense x América-MG
    Ponte Preta x Palmeiras
    Sport x Botafogo

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...er&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ge_flamengo

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sport x Flamengo is a must watch for me. I've seen Sport 3 times so far this year and they are really fun to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing Robinho in the first match up for santos and from a Ponte perspective I'm happy the first match is on the road @ fig and not at home , especially the way Gallo's been setting up his team.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know how much more of Wellington paulista I can take. I try to be realistic and I understand that he is technically good in this sparcity of nines but he simply can't finish. His penalties this paulista/copa brasil have been atrocious. I'd honestly just feel better with roger who used to play here and who played for rb brasil this paulista. I hope kadu can form a solid partnership with grolli but I can't be optimistic Gallo will even bench Fabio Ferreira. Kadu has his own laundry list of issues also. Jonas didn't start last night and the counter attacks were heavy and often and this is caldense, I can't imagine a team in the serie a.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Since you mention Ponte here...

Lol.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Insanity. I wasn't sold on Gallo at all but I hope it wasn't the boards move. Maybe it was Gallo not buying into the rumors of some of the signings for the brasileirao like caja or renato chaves. He was terrible at home against teams who would just defend, I can't defend him that much but it Is a bit harsh if it was the boards decision and not mutual.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ponte Preta demite Gallo e fecha com Eduardo Baptista para o Brasileirão
    Em decisão surpreendente, diretoria da Macaca anuncia desligamento do treinador na noite desta sexta-feira e realiza antigo sonho ao contratar ex-Fluminense

Sounds like a board decision to me. They were waiting for Baptista to accept the job.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CBF is finally doing what I suggested and spacing out these games. I'm a little uncomfortable with the Saturdays at 1600 because it is kind of creeping on the serie b's sand but it's something I can get behind. I see more late Saturday night games too plus we get the 2 Sunday matches at 1100 which is a blessing since the crowds show up and it's really cool when there is no European football. @Mengão86 you hear anything about serie b? Will they play earlier on Saturdays?

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I haven't heard anything yet, but it seems like they are staying pat with how they've done games.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Speaking of hearing things, all day yesterday I read Brazilians making predictions about the g-4 and z-4. It makes me laugh when people start off with "Sem Clubismo" and than proceed to pick Flamengo in the z-4, it's so dumb and emotional. Idk who my picks are yet and we still have a lot of football to watch and a lot of signings to examine but as of right know I got Flamengo in the g-4 even with my severe distrust of Muricy. I just don't know how someone can look at the roster and say z-4. Flamengo has looked messy at times this year but who hasn't? I almost saw URT take out Atletico, those two legs were very deceiving.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And than everyones on this Santa Cruz bandwagon now.. I like Milton Mendes and some of the pieces but come on now people, lets wait for them to get by campinense first..

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Those same people who pick Fla in the Z4 are the same who say state championships are useless. Yep, they are judging off the state championships to pick us as Z4.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, that's the second time the Nordeste Cup creates hype. Santa's two "main" (I won't say best because LM isn't IMO) players are aging veterans -- Grafite and LM -- who will struggle to get through the grueling season. Grafite was able to get through Serie B on auto pilot to be honest, but in Serie A, things will be different. He has even looked off some in the games I saw in the Pernambuco. He needs to be in top form for them to stay away from relegation.

15. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree completely about grafite. Even in the serie b he needed Aquino to do a bunch of running for him.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Cuca thinks this is going to win the brasileirao like he predicted he's insane. Last time he tried to use 3 cbs vs Rosario was a hot mess. I applaud him trying to do different things but that trade was a rip off. I've never liked the robinho guy even since his Coritiba days but still they were better selling him to China than this.
    campinho1.png

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    SMH at Fabricio as a winger. I also heard that Gabriel may be on the cutting block. Not sure how true that is, but if he is, sign me up.

With that formation, I smell plenty of space to exploit either down the right flank or up the middle, depending on who's shifting over. Their CBs aren't anything special either, so I'd attack them too.

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly, the middle is where Rosario got them all night, I think it was a similar formation too. Same thing about Gabriel for me, it has been surprising seeing him on the bench this year at times.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This must have been the kind of crap Cuca got away with in China. Seems kind of desperate of him to me. Palmeiras are basically the Redskins of the early 2000s. Buy, buy, buy and mediocre results on the field. Revolving door of coaches, and nothing stabilizes.

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's hard to even remember all the players they bought. I saw Regis rumored to Ponte and completely forgot he was even on Palmeiras, same can be said for Erik but i follow him closely. Than buying people like Edu Dracena just smells of desperation. Even their big splash signings like Arouca, Dudu, and Barrios have produced minimal impact. I'm smelling a possible relegation.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flamengo in a borderline crisis and the brasileirao didn't even start yet. I wish I could say for flamengo fans to calm down and that it was only a friendly but idk if I will keep flamengo in my g-4.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's what our fans do best -- overreact to everything.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't even have a ton of reasons for it but I just feel an impending doom for ponte coming and I have little to no confidence in Eduardo baptista, I actually think his hiring raises chances of relegation. The squad is lacking in a lot of areas but I'd at least have some confidence going into the brasileirao gauntlet with galo.

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Have they started heckling particular players at matches yet? Every time I go read something on Globo I read people comparing mancuello to canteros haha.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wallace, of course. PV, Sheik, Cirino and Jorge has gotten some boos. Mancuello is better than Canteros lol.