Brasileirão 2015 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Emperor Adriano, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Feel free to change the name once it gets closer. My main purpose for starting it early is to see people's opinions on playoffs. I have heard a lot of talk about it changing this year, of course we won't know until the last minute. lol

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm divided on the topic. I think it would attract larger audiences and crowds, which could be beneficial. On the flip side, there is a less of an emphasis on long term planning to be successful, thus allowing clubs to continue or revert to old habits because it's no longer necessary to compete for the title.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm 50/50 as of right now. I used to be 100 % for no playoffs But I have heard some really good arguments for it.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One of the arguments I see most used is "Why copy the Europeans when you can copy the Americans, who have a handful of successful products that utilized the playoff system?" I agree to a certain extent, but I think the fact that there is relegation involved makes things a bit more complicated.

If I was forced to pick an option today, I would tell you that I would like to see the current system in place with a 4 team playoffs at the end. Yes, I realize that you run the risk of not rewarding the best team because they could potentially lose. I just think it's a solution where you still need to have a well run organization (or $$$ from sponsors) to finish in the top 4 and you can still reap the financial benefits of the playoffs, which would attract a large audience.

5. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I have a preference for playoffs, but I don't think the system in place is bad. would you guys be in favor of a relegation playoff also. Teams 15-18 compete to drop 2, or teams 14-17 to drop 1. I would love watching those games.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The idea has passed my mind, but I think it would be even worse than the title playoffs because it could potentially let a team who has had a disastrous season off the hook.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I want a 4 team playoff as well if the system does switch but I want some sort of recognition for the team who finishes first, I really don't want to see penalty's deciding a whole season that is my biggest fear. My biggest worry is that people will push for 8 teams.. Which I can understand because when your teams between 7-12 the brasileirao season can become so boring unless you really enjoy watching some other teams.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Germany uses it right? I would love to watch 2 teams fighting for their life's.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think it would be a good idea to have two champions. Would letting the team who finished first receive the best seed in the Libertadores be any consolation? I would also eliminate the away goals rule. Just thinking out loud here for a second -- maybe giving the higher seed the tiebreaker to avoid PKs all together would be an option. But then you would have to worry about those teams possibly changing the way they play and "bunkering" to administer a result. I'd like to think that this wouldn't happen too often.

8 team would turn it into a complete wash. It would be even worse than the NFL playoffs, where you have wildcard teams winning the SB. In the NFL's case, they have a larger pool of teams (32) and generally have more quality teams deserving of playing in the postseason. For the Brasileirao, anyone can win on any given day (more so than the NFL).

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was thinking of this too and it would make me feel a lot better about the playoff system. I have read a lot of people pushing for 8 teams which is pretty alarming to me for the obvious reason you stated. If I'm a fan of a team outside the big 12 I am pushing really hard for the 8 team playoff though. I personally wouldn't want to see Santos limp in as an 8th seed and do damage.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    has the CBF or media given any hints to which way they are leaning?

12. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  15. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    wow, this sound like an amateur staff for one of the biggest leagues from the world :|

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Não existe formato misto: ou é pontos corridos ou é mata-mata
    http://trivela.uol.com.br/nao-existe-formato-misto-ou-e-pontos-corridos-ou-e-mata-mata/

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea, I can't defend it in this case. I try not to let the politics of it all affect my enjoyment of it. There is never a dull moment though which is why I watch it more than any other league.

18. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    The CBF (or how is named) staff don't like Cruzeiro? :)) They think that Cruze will win again Serie A and must do some changes? :D I joke .... I follow this league from long timeI like that is very equilibrate (like Liga Mx from Mexico), I'm fan of Sao Paulo and follow them there :)

I think the system for National League (Serie A, Serie B ... etc ) must remain same. Problem is for State Leagues, where some leagues change from year to year ..... this year groups stage, next year a league of 18 or 20 teams :D

This state league are just for small teams which can not compete (reach) Serie A or Serie B. But is good anyway, so, the big clubs can see good players and this system help to develop local football

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Game Changer. Congrats to Sport.
    1_7.jpg

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm curious to see how he does. He's gone 3+ months without playing and playing in the Middle East is a joke, especially from a physical standpoint (you barely train). I think it'll take him time to recover any of the mojo he had at Fla.

And I bet he will be asked about 1987 and/or Fla, just like every ex-Fla player does who plays for Sport.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sport fans never shut up about it.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's more of a state pride thing than anything else. When you actually go down there and see it for yourself, you know it's not really about the club. Even some Santa Cruz and Nautico fans vouch for Sport as the true champ that year.

I just wonder how Hernane will approach the question. He can try to be politically correct from both fronts, or he can take a slight jab at Fla (which will win over some of the Sport fans). Ibson was asked the question last year when he signed. Heck, even Drogbinha was asked it.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought Gilberto Silva retired. I'd love to see Adriano, but the likelihood is slim to none.

Renato Abreu needs to bite the built and accept a lower salary to play on a smaller club. His big club days are over.

25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea let me know if you hear any rumors on Renato or Adriano. btw I almost forgot you guys signed Almir kkkkkkkkkk. CChMi3MW8AAAZ2e.jpg