Brasil vs Peru June 12th [R]

Discussion in 'Group B - Brazil, Ecuador, Haiti, Peru' started by sidspaceman, May 31, 2016.

1. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both Uruguay and Brazil without their main stars should've qualified for the next round. I know that this thread is not a general thread, but Uruguay and Brazil not qualifying for the next round are huge failures and both bosses may be on the way out.

Tabarez is 69 years old and it might be time anyways. And Dunga has never been a crowd favor with the fan base. Both of these failures can have further affects on the national teams

2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dunga making several excuses.

"Brasil have never been eliminated with a goal by a hand"

Brasil maybe haven't but Brasil have eliminated others by a goal with a hand. 1995 when Tulio scored that hand ball goal in the same team Dunga was on to take Argentina to penalties and win.

Also, ESPN made a good point. They said this

I don't know if I said this on here but Brazil was never going to win the match yesterday. They could have played 90 more minutes and still wouldn't have scored. Whether Peru would have won it without the hand is up for debate. I think we could have won it, but Ruidiaz as I said had no intention to cheat and what happened was the play was too fast and it so happened to accidentally hit Ruidiaz' arm.

Here is the article and the video.

http://www.espnfc.us/copa-america/s...nga-says-peru-goal-a-handball-at-copa-america

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah ... Ok ... what was the whole first half about ? :rolleyes:

They tried to win. They were just inept.

4. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Interesting thing is that Raul Ruidiaz Misitich has Croatian origins. His 2nd surname is Misitić.:D

"Su ascendencia croata por el lado materno –apellida Misitich– le ha permitido a su agente, el FIFAespañol Carlos Nasher, acelerar los trámites de su pasaporte comunitario. Debutó en octubre del 2009 y casi un año después fue titular en las finales, cuando la ‘U’ de Reynoso campeonó al ganarle a Alianza en Matute y en Ate."

http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/futbol-peruano/raul-ruidiaz-no-me-digan-pulga-noticia-727377

Croats are active on both fronts, Copa America, EURO 2016.:cool:

Christian Pulisic (USA)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Pulisic

calixtoj repped this.
  5. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I knew that. I tried telling some people but no one believed me :(

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jajajaja is twin of a colombian biker called nairo Quintana

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is stupid. Brazil had a few good opportunities to score. Willian shot over the bar (may have been last ditch save from defender), Gabriel had 2 good shots on target one which required a fingertip save. Peru scored on the 1 chance they had, and it was with a hand.

It's OK to say Brazil were not that good and never should have been in that position, but to say they were never going to win this is silly. A tie was probably been the fair result. But that's football.

8. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Its really sad. Obvious hand, even referee conference happened. At least you have the chance to correct referee errors, but still, errors end as accepted ones.
    This morning, I have visited his Wikipedia page and someone wrote instead of his name, something like this: He plays handball in football, Cheater.:eek:

People only notice surname RUIDIAZ, which is Spanish obviously, so this other Croatian side will be kept as hidden in media. This is his maternal surname.

With 4 teams I am not so happy, I have expected more from them, it seems that they will have problems in their last matches

Three of them lost their chances completely, which makes me sad.

Only one last hope that my favourite team goes further.:confused: It seems that they will win, since their opponent produced only one great and valuable player in the last 20 years.:)

Some teams brought B teams, key players of some teams are absent, for example Brazil with mostly unknown players like Gabriel, Renato Augusto, Elias, Rodrigo Caio, Gil from Chinese League.

David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Oscar, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Marcelo, Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Neymar - pretty strong players left outside for one event called Centenario.:oops:

Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Demichelis, Paulo Dybala - Argentina.;)

9. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Calling them B squads is an exaggeration. Yes No Neymar, but other than that Dunga brought the best in his mind.

Don't downplay

Azucarero, cabezamagica and pepinointer repped this.
  10. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    We also had lesser known names, but ours was an experimental squad. Mostly Peruvian league players, yet we beat Brazil.

People can criticize our celebrations all they like but a team of our stature, having beaten Brazil for the first time in 41 years, for the 3rd time in our history and knocking them out in the groups, we have every right to celebrate. No one can believe we actually beat Brazil.

glennaldo_sf and pepinointer repped this.
  11. calixtoj

calixtoj Member+

Oct 30, 2011
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    On that Peru also didn't take Pizarro, Farfan, Carrillo, Vargas nor Advincula. So we are fielding half the starters.

Azucarero, Tio Nicci and pepinointer repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @Gilbertsson a lot of that players you mentíoned as unknow were called and played un wcq ( actually Renato Augusto scored)

Neymar was The only big name miss inglés because olympics

In fact, Perú is maybe The team with more " b team " lacking Carrillo , vargas ,Advincula , Farfan and maybe Pizarro ( 5 habitual starters )

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually Brasil had an stronger roster than peru

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Douglas Costa was the other big miss ... at least on club form.

pepinointer repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah that's true !

16. rick100

rick100 Member+

Jun 4, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    if we talk about starters

zambrano , ballon , ascues were also missing ...

But our qualifiers form is not that best , so after copa america we may actually see only a few coming back to the team. I highly doubt vargas and pizarro are coming back. I can see all the others coming back at some point or another.

pepinointer and calixtoj repped this.
  17. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland

I dont know a lot of Peruvian footballers, well known are Pizarro, Farfan, Guerrero in the last years.

Neymar is the biggest name, but some really great players are missing. The reason could be World Cup 2014, some players became maybe disappointed after that defeat against Germany.

Maybe I have mentioned some players that I personally like, I havent visited valuable journalist comments and individual statistics.

I would like to see Fredy Guarin, Radamel Falcao, Oscar Cardozo, Lucas Barrios, Raul Bobadilla, Carlos Vela, Carlos Carmona, Jorge Valdivia, Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Demichelis, Paulo Dybala with upper mentioned Brazilians.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guarin is out o the NT while pekerman continues ....

Falcao if returned he will be in the squad again

19. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    They had some conflict? Pekerman can be tough and old school coach. Remember him from Argentina team 2006 WC.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guarin level with The nt sucks and pekerman said that China was so far away, that Wasnt prudent his move ...pekerman trusted in guarin as captain and he Just sucks

21. BMxJoga

BMxJoga Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Does Pekerman have a policy against having players from those leagues? I haven't been paying attention with whats happening with him or Jackson Martinez. Ironically earlier this year Raul Ruidiaz supposedly signed a pre-contract with a team from Thailand. As soon as he did that Gareca criticized him for denigrating the quality of the Peruvian league and it looked like he wouldn't be called up. A few days later the transfer did not go through and he stayed in la U.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jackson never was a priority for pekerman ...so he use The China issue as excuse to doesnt called him up again

He said that it is China is far away , and for The wcq isnt useful to have players with a long flight journey

23. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Wow, that dude looks straight Peruvian.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to claim him for us.

pepinointer repped this.
  24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Why didn't marquinhos play in this one? Was he injured?

25. rumi

rumi New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Definitely Brazil