Brasil vs Peru June 12th [R]

Discussion in 'Group B - Brazil, Ecuador, Haiti, Peru' started by sidspaceman, May 31, 2016.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This !

TowsonDad repped this.
  2. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing, although who knows how both teams would have played afterwards if the penalty was awarded and converted. Regardless, Brazil didn't do enough to close the door. Congrats to Peru.

TowsonDad, johnblue123 and pepinointer repped this.
  3. rick100

rick100 Member+

Jun 4, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don t know if peru played better, but I think they executed the game plan better, take care of the back first and try to scored in the counter. Brazil had a few chances but most of the time they couldn't get past the defense.

pepinointer repped this.
  4. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No they didn't.. what game were you watching?

5. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is really not much to discus (disgust) about the goal. Peru won the group with a handball goal (keep your Maradona comments to yourself here, it was a handball). So clap clap and a more somber clap to Peru.

I'm not pouring dirt on the Brasil national team, but this is the worse run that I can remember.

Good luck to Peru against Colombia. Venezuela and Peru are the surprise of the Copa

pepinointer repped this.
  6. Soccerglue

Soccerglue Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See the after game interview the goal scorer said it hit his thigh so what is the issue?:laugh:

johnblue123 repped this.
  7. Mr. Beelzebub

Mr. Beelzebub Member

Jun 12, 2007
    West New York
    This has to be a troll account...

8. johnblue123

johnblue123 Member

Jun 2, 2014
    It was a clear handball. No doubt about it. His arm rebounded from the force of the hit and ended up behind his back. It was a 100% handball and intentional at that. The ref just missed the call. That's soccer. If you don't convert your chances, you may wind up losing a game you deserve to win.

9. Galo Vingador

Galo Vingador Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Belo Horizonte
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Except Brazil never deserved to win.

calixtoj, Guti™, cabezamagica and 2 others repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you compared rosters, Peru executed well a plan despite their limitations

Actually they get robbed too

11. rick100

rick100 Member+

Jun 4, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    dude you just hate on peru all the time... I m not even sure why you are commenting on this game. You try too hard man ,your trolling its actually kind of funny

you are probably one of those morons stuck in the past .

12. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Wow, I cannot believe this. I know beating Brazil isn't super impressive these days but to knock a giant out of the Copa America in the groups after last beating them in 1975, wow. Just wow, I'm speechless. Te amo Peru.

Pipiolo and Christina99 repped this.
  13. rick100

rick100 Member+

Jun 4, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    check his other comments against peru

this guy is a troll ... I bet he will comment in every peruvian game from now on...

14. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    Peru were not better, but Brazil seemed to drift in and out. They appeared to be of the mind that at the very least they'd draw and through sheer talent and a couple of moments of inspiration probably bag a goal or two. Peru clearly executed much better.

Doogs and Christina99 repped this.
  15. rick100

rick100 Member+

Jun 4, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    it wasnt clear from the angle behind the net. Even the commentators weren't sure. I haven't seen a slow motion yet though ... Game is over anyways

pepinointer repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that the ball go to Rui Diaz hand ..

17. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both things are true: that goal was a handball and a bad call from the ref in favour of Peru.
    And: this is the worst Brasil in decades, and didnt do anything to try to win this game anyway.

18. johnblue123

johnblue123 Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I'm not so sure about that. They dominated possession, outshot Peru, outnumbered Peru in corner kicks, and only lost because of a handball. Peru definitely never deserved to win because they were outplayed save a cheating goal, but Brazil on the other hand should have at least tied if not won. But that's soccer.

19. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Quality over quantity, my friend.

20. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You guys really think I'm a troll? I even gave Peru props, and you think I'm a TROLL? So I'm a troll, because I like JUSTICE? That was a clear Handball.. if Peru scored a Legitimate goal, I would have nothing bad to say.. but whatever.. I'll give props to Peru again.. Congrats

Pipiolo repped this.
  21. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    the missed PK doesn't justify cheating. and funny these people that think they can deny it afterwards as well. have they not heard of youtube or TV replays.

you either go to the ref and own up or be known as a cheater forever.

I don't blame him for doing it, it can happen on instinct, but please don't go on TV after with BS lies.

22. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    NOPE.. wrong.. try again

Soccerglue repped this.
  23. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Pipe down. Brazil got away with a wrongly disallowed goal too from Ecuador.

No intention either, so even though it was wrongly allowed, let us celebrate it. Its not like Ruidiaz intentionally wanted to cheat.

pepinointer and fafaco repped this.
  24. rick100

rick100 Member+

Jun 4, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'm not sure how peru and venezuela can really be a surprised when peru finished third in the past 2 Copa America's. Furthermore peru played venezuela for third placed in one of the past 2 Copa america.

Perú seems to do well in Copa america for some reason. We don't even send our best team. In qualifiers we are horrible though

If anything Ecuador would be a surprised since they are always out in the first round of copa america. Although they are in great form in the qualifiers.

Tio Nicci repped this.
  25. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok ok.. your right. Everyone deserves a celebration.. I guess I'm just being an Ass hole again.. I'm sorry.. but to call me a TROLL is just ridiculous.. it's not like I'm trying to get ppl mad on purpose.. smh