Brasil vs Colombia (Eliminatorias Rusia 2018)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by pipevasquez, Sep 1, 2016.

1. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Después de la victoria vs Venezuela.. y de Brasil vs Ecuador en Quito
    No estará Torres por suspensión, podría volver Arias.

Mi Once

--------------------Ospina------------
    Arias----Murillo-----Murillo-----Diaz
    -----Perez/Barrio----Sanchez------
    Cuadrado-------McNelly--------James
    ----------------Bacca-------------

Lo de Perez o Barrios depende si Perez esta bien fisicamente, sino prefiero poner a Barrios.
    Yo prefiero a Roger por encima de Bacca, pero no de primerazo no lo sacaria, lo puedo "joder" animicamente.

pepinointer, Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd play Muriel again. His desbordes are lethal and he is always a threat with his speed and dribbling. Both games he's started, he's created a lot of danger.

pepinointer, Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  3. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Será que Pekerman juega con 4-3-2-1 como contra Bolivia? A mi me parece que contra Bolivia estuvo muy bien esa formación, pero contra Costa Rica dimos pena. Esa formación funcionó en gran parte gracias a Torres, así que no se si una variante con Sánchez, Pérez y Celis/Barrios sería igual de efectiva.

Azucarero repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pero con la banca. No se puede comparar.

Sanchez perez

C11-James-muriel

Bacca

5. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Yes. And I definitely wouldn't sacrifice him for Cuadrado. We expect Cuadrado to bring those very things Muriel has brought us in the past couple matches, but Cuadrado hasn't played like that in months.

I think Pekerman intends to approaches this match the same way he has in the other difficult away matches (Chile, La Paz). Three central midfielders to clog the opponents run of play and wait for counters. That means Perez, Sanchez, and Celis behind James. Muriel obviously gets the nod over Cuadrado.

Like Pipe, I think Roger is the better guy for this kind of match because the guy is much better than Bacca in hold-up play. He can draw fouls and attack defenders with his dribbling outside of the box. He creates a better distraction for Muriel, much like Jackson did in Santiago.

Bacca's abilities to shake a defender in the area don't weigh as much, theoretically, because we won't have that many scoring chances. But who knows how Bacca will handle the bench after yesterday...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah we might mess Bacca up psychologically if we bench him after a bad game. I think we have time start him

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Impossible to compare any performance/formation/tactic when James is an independent variable.

But yeah. Torres is the best of both worlds: very physical defender, very tidy in possession.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    4-3-2-1

Barrios-Sanchez - perez

Muriel ---james -----

Bacca

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This might be it

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Muriel should play on the side that Marcelo plays. He's a great player but can be a liability defensively

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Or Berrio

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    0-0 queda esa partido o Colombia gana por minima diferencia.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ojalá

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Amazing result. Id be happy with the tie. It keeps us in the top 5. A win is just 1 step closer. 16 points after 8 games is more then half way to Russia

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #15 HomietheClown, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Interesting opinions here. Some convincing arguments.
    A week ago I thought maybe clogging up the middle with 3 Dmids would be the way to go but without Torres it kinda messes it up a bit.
    The way I was looking at it yesterday was that maybe Pekerman will be tempted to revert back to the lineup he had before with Cardona and Cuadrado being fresh (Keeping James as starter cause he is James). Then having Sanchez and Perez behind them with Bacca up top.
    Having to play in the Heat of Barranquilla and the Heat of the Amazon could be brutal for guys like Muriel and Macnelly. I don't think they have enough stamina to do it back-to-back.

But only Pekerman knows what he wants and the ideas here are very good too.
    Let's see how it will play out.

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I watched most of the Bra-Ecu match yesterday. 1st half was pretty dull from both sides. And 2nd half Ecuador had zero ideas and looked exhausted. But Neymar looked unstoppable --specially 2nd half. He was involved in EVERY play. And worst yet, he looked like he was having fun. Marcelo also played very well. Gabriel Jesus looks like the real deal and is playing with a ton of confidence. Their defense is heavily dependent on their DFM, as is ours, but they left huge counter-attacking chances for Ecuador to capitalize.

From our boys yesterday, I wasn't too crazy about Oscar Murillo. Felt he was always the only guy not in sync with the rest but realistically looking at our bench I don't see one other CB that I would have play instead.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Oscar looked like our best CB in Bolivia and against Ecuador before his injury.
    I will give him a pass if he did not look as good yesterday.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Desafectaron a Torres y Teo, Teo me imagino que por el golpe, aunque creo que ya no es tan importante para Pekerman

Yo siempre he creido que a Sanchez le cuesta más jugar con 2 tipos al lado. Si van a estar Barrios y Perez, tienen que coordinar muy bien los movimientos

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Funny thing is Barrios and Perez started together in this stadium against Swenden and Japan in the Olympics.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Both games we played awfully haha but that's under Picis.

Will it be a hack fest again or will both teams actually play?

As for Macnelly not handling the heat think all the Colombian league guys are more likely it won't affect them especially dudes from Barranquilla. Mac when he playing well he is very good but he does disappear a lot. While always hated him for being a Pecho frio when he was our it guy with James taking most of the pressure and the team on his shoulders he def a good guy to have on the field. He missed a sitter but did very well to tap the 2nd goal in

Oscar Murillo is pretty good CB and an awesome back up but the starters are Zapata And Murillo. Like to see Mina get a shot at starting during a friendly.

Glad Medina had a good game. Do you think people forgive him yet.?

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Mac can start back-to-back games and be expected to play at a high level after playing long minutes yesterday. And it being on the road makes it more difficult. I think Cuadrado and/or Cardona would be more effective.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Both are hot heads. Perez, Cardona and Cuadrado are very strong possible red cards

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are preaching to the choir on this one.
    I know they can all get reds, but They are fully rested and ready to run around as much as they can and prove that they deserve to start.
    That to me offets the risk of red cards.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #24 pepinointer, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Which time perez have been red carded???? I dont Remember one anda you repeat like it is a fact that he receives cards

Actually Sánchez and Torres have received More cards. Both have been suspended in last 3 games

In all fights that nacional had in libertadores he never was there fighting.

25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    great question - i commented on this in the Venezuela game forum. i think he was dealt a very bad hand in 2013 after the Uruguay/Chile games. As a fan, i quickly forgave him. i feel bad how he and Arias have had polar opposite national team careers since that time. that's football for you.

i hope going forward Medina is a regular call-up and starter from time to time. especially considering how we have moved on from Zuniga/Armero.