Branko Jelic

Discussion in 'China' started by RickChelsea, May 13, 2009.

1. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Hey guys, i'm sure some of you may remember Branko Jelic as i have read he had a very good record in the CSL with Beijing and that he went to the Bundesliga this season, it's been reported by Perth Glory that they have signed him for next season so i was wondering how do you guys rate him as i have not seen him play before but i did see a video of his 2 goals against bayern

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    He is a good player, fast and strong, good sence in the box, always tried to take every opportunity to score. a good striker, if not he was asking too high a salary 800k USD a year i think, Guo'an wouldn't let him go after he won the top scorer of CSL

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    He had one strong year and one unbelievable year for Guoan and was as greenlion said, though he wasn't able to match it for Xiamen. When he was at Guoan, it was more during his prime, now I think he's in his 30s (33?) and I'd wonder if he still has the speed and ability he once had.

4. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    that's good to hear guys though it does make me wonder why he would join perth because he is not the marquee player so he has to be in within the salary cap(though i'm not 100% sure) He is still only 32 so i suppose it is an ok age.

His wife is australian apparently so maybe that's why he will play for Perth for less money especially Perth they need a new striker to partner Dadi

5. davie1976

davie1976 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tianjin TEDA
    Club:
    Tianjin Teda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Has Nikita Rukavatsa left Perth Glory? He's absolutely a talent for Aussie ...

If Nikita has left, Jelic must take over his role ... :-D