Bradley to Roma? Or Palermo, maybe?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by delo_pata, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    Hey - if we're going to go crazy with rampant speculation, Bradley would be a great replacement for Michael Carrick at United....

deuteronomy repped this.
  2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think he was being tongue in cheek with that one, he probably should have typed it in sarcastic pink to be sure though

3. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    If you aren't going to merge it to the main thread, then we should make it a haven for speculation:
    1. Bradley should transfer to a team that will let him play as a sweeper
    2. He should take up the maracas to improve his rhythm
    3. He'll probably transfer to the Croatian league, since that would help him with his creativity
    4. He's been smiling a lot lately. I bet he's on drugs.
    5. I wonder if he's doing undercover work to investigate Italian betting scandals
    6. Do you think he could beat Zambrotta in a fight?
    7. He should irradiate various insects and let them bite him, to see if he develops superpowers
    8. He's going to invent a time-travelling robot. I can feel it.

deuteronomy, WrmBrnr, quinn and 3 others repped this.
  4. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's some quality speculation.

5. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would anyone want to feel a time traveling robot?

6. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speculation? Frankly, I don't think there's any arguing with any of these propositions.

7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about napkin sauce (a sauce made out of napkins)?

8. ignatz brick

ignatz brick Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can he invent.... what he already is

:eek:

drgonzo repped this.
  9. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Chievo has finally discovered he is a mindless, headless chicken who is always out of position, commits improperly defensively and can only use the inside of his right foot.
    2. Chelsea and Bayern Munich are playing on May 19th for the rights to sign Bradley. The loser gets Freddy Adu.
    3. JK used his top secret coach's code ring to make sure MB keeps his humility.
    4. Bob (still has one, remember) used his to read the posts again here on Big Soccer for old time's sake.
    5. Excellency will suggest at least four times he is going to Arsenal.
    6. He needs to come back to MLS
    7. Aston Villa want him back.
    8. His wife is prego.
    9. He has a fractured tibia that he got in a fight at practice with Cyril Théréau.
    10. He has decided to pursue his first love of baseball in the minor leagues and has recently signed a contract with the Birmingham Barons.
    11. Serie A has finally discovered the Bradleys were behind the "match fixing scandal" all along.
    12. Folks at Chievo finally read the nepotism threads (all 38 of them).
    13. The team trainer finally discovered that Mikey is actually a bot.
    14. A silent protest against Bob coaching the Egyptian National team.
    15. Chievo's coach,
    Domenico Di Carlo
    , wanted to make sure he had tried everything possible to avoid a 10th place finish.
    16. Chievo wanted to find out if the Serie A had been just the place for Përparim Hetemaj to take the next steps in his development.

ignatz brick repped this.
  10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

Does anyone here really believe for one second that Bradley would say this quote before any official transfer completion?

C'mon, folks.

11. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    Totally true, although I'm not sure Wenger either recognizes that point or values that type of player. They need some steel though. Mascherano would have been a perfect fit.

12. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^Yes Wenger does recognize that he needs a hardman in the midfield, that is why he will more than likely buy Yann M'vila whom I rate much higher than Bradley....

13. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    I hope your faith isn't misplaced.

14. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robots can invent robots now?

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!

15. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Michael Carrick is still strides ahead of Bradley.

16. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'with two soft feet of the highest quality who will give us great satisfaction' maybe?

Which obviously doesn't rule out the Berlusconi angle.

17. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thus, Michael Bradley proved isolated circular feedback loops in time travel were not only possible, but inevitable, and the universe ceased to ex

ignatz brick and sXeWesley repped this.
  18. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    Please re-read my post re "rampant speculation" :) (although I don't think Carrick is THAT far ahead of Bradley if at all)

19. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    It seems that role players on huge teams really don't get their due respect. I remember somebody posting that Yaya Toure had no offensive skills when they had only seen him play with Barcelona. (Not sure how to get that shocked smilie when I need it.)

It's not easy, but what you have to do is imagine what a legend we would consider MB to be if he was able to contribute to Man Utd as Carrick has, and how easy it would be for him to instead fall out of the rotation there.

20. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ 3F50:eek:nly in the English universe.
    what are the chances he can adjust as quickly as Bradley in La Liga ?

21. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bigphysics.com is ---------->

22. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    I agree with you, but the least of United's needs are ball-winning role players (they need more creative types in midfield). I think MB could be a role player United, I was just having fun with the "rampant speculation" thread, especially in light of other threads with other players where someone has a good year in a lesser league and people are like "They could use him at Real Madrid" etc.

23. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd much rather Bradley play consistent mins for a small club then sporadic mins for a massive club. It looks nicer having AC Milan or Manchester United on your resume, but at the end of the day that really doesn't matter as much as getting consistent playing time and improving your game.

24. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Carrick is leagues ahead of Bradley. Definitely one of if not the most underrated player in the world. That one time pass to Rooney against Swansea? Not to mention is vast experience in Europe and in title run ins. A player whos never got his dues or the respect he deserves.

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say. Seems like you're saying only the English rate him. I'm not English. Besides that he's one of the few players that gets plaudits from other nations media because he doesn't fit the typical mold for the English player and the type the English media likes to praise to no end. He doesn't run his head off, he doesn't get stuck in constantly, and he doesn't constantly push the tempo and play Hollywood balls like the English like. Perfect example of this is Charlie Adam.

25. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may wish to consider going to the England boards to pump your lad up a bit over there . . . Be ready to respond the the queries regarding him never appearing in a World Cup match, never having scored a goal for England and not being called up since he was assigned number 22 (ordinarily the last player on the bench) in '10. At age 30, time may be slipping away . . . Props to him for a nice career as a role player at ManU.
    Although certainly the English may like his style, "Le God" Charlie Adams is from Scotland

WrmBrnr repped this.