Bradley:Sun, 12/9, 14:30 SC Heerenveen - FC Groningen

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Absolute

Absolute BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 18, 2007
    Green Hell
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley is a good player. We can complain all we want, but, he's going to be in the line up regardless of coaches. I hope he stay's where he is and establishes himself. He's young, and has a future.

2. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew there was a joke there, but I just couldn't find it, which is weird, becuase it basically writes itself.

3. kjksccr

kjksccr Member

Feb 25, 1999
    San Carlos, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because people are always looking for something to say the criticism goes over the top on BS. A great example being the post about Convey's community service and a response is he should focus on improving his game. Geez, give it a rest.

I have always liked MB because #1) I realized he was young and #2) I can't recall any other American that has such a presence on field. He covers so much ground and is always involved, for the good and bad admittedly. However, any opposing midfielder has to be thinking about getting tackled everytime in possession and MB makes so many great tackles recovering late to help defenders. With he and Edu in the mix plus Benny once he climbs out of his current situation, we have lots to look forward to. This club success will give MB tons of confidence. It would be great if he could get to Spain or even Germany. The Prem is great for $$$ and pr but other leagues would be better for his playmaking and tactics and he already tackes hard.

4. FCGrunn

FCGrunn Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Groningen
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why all the fuss about MB and why he's improved so much in NL? He's just a talented player at a club with a proven track record at cultivating talent.

(as to the latter, I hate to admit these sort of things)

But he's not there yet. Heerenveen is somewhat of a cumfy-cosy environment for any young player. Someone mentioned transferring him to Ajax...jeez..that'll be the end of MB at this point in his career!

NB.
    As to his Dutch: As far as I know Dutch language courses are obligatory for foreign players at SC Heerenveen. You needn't be an Ivy league prospect to be dragged away from your playstation to learn how to say: "Ja, we hebben goed gespeeld."

5. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    No. Actually, he wasn't good enough to displace Jeroen Drost and Thomas Prager.

Bosvelt is an ex-Dutch international and was the top rated H-veen deep midfielder in 2006.

Other 'Veen deep mids were not in the same class as Paul.

But they were deemed good enough to keep Mike coming off the bench (~ 850 minutes for the entire year) by Gert Verbeek.

This year Mikey leaped over them.

But that's about 18 months after arriving to Friesland.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

I think you mean Andre Hanssen... Drost is a left back.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And we still don't know if he's better than Hanssen, we just know he's healthier. And two of the other regular middies are younger than Mike. The 'veen midfield got a pretty good overhaul this year - and it took a little while for this team to jell. They had some pretty ugly losses before Alves got back into the fold.

SFS will always wildly overstate the "euro effect." I'm hoping it takes Beckham less than an 18 months to adjust to the rigors of MLS.