Bradley:Sat 2/9 19:30 CET PSV - SC Heerenveen

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
    Tickets will go on sale through the internet ticketshop on March 6 but to clubcard holders only. This match always sells out quickly.
    I recommend you contact the club by mail: klantenservice@sc-heerenveen.nl
    or by phone (31) 513-612100 before ticketsale opens. My guess is the club appreciates these kind of foreign visits.
    If this doesn't work try to obtain a clubcard from the club and try your luck on March 6 at 9.00 AM local time.

2. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH

Email sent. Thanks for the link. I'll let you know if I get a response.

3. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    That....is.....hilarious! :)

4. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Most of the teams hold some tickets back for foreigners visitors, I think it will not be hard to get some ;)

5. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    Their response:

I am sorry to let you now but the game for sc Heerenveen - Ajax is already completely booked. The only way you can obtain a ticket is as being a clubcardmember you can buy tickets thru Ticketboxaddresses or thru the On-line sale. However this is normally sold out within 10 minutes.

The game is available on On-line as of March 8 and on Ticketboxaddresses as of March 9.

Best regards,
    sc Heerenveen

What are the chances of Ticketboxaddresses working for me? What are scalpers like day of game?

Thanks!

6. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Wow, suprised me... I thought every dutch team reserved several tickets for foreign visitors...

7. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    Do you think an email to Ajax customer service would do any good?

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    You could try...

9. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
    Won't help, Ajax has some severe restrictions on their sale of tickets for their matches on the road to keep the hooligans out.

Best to get your free clubcard at Heerenveen. If it doesn't work out, at least it makes a nice souvenir. PM if you want me to help you out with that.
    Online ticketsale starts on Friday March 7 (not 8!) at 9.00 AM local time and 1 day earlier before sale in the shop starts. Since the online sale of tickets has been introduced only a month ago , it's relatively unknow sofar. You might have a reasonable chance if your order right when the sale starts.

10. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    Thanks a lot. I will try on their website and PM you if/when I run into problems.

11. Mike was complaining about the fact that Gomes was the goalie for PSV. He claims that if there was another goaalie, Heerenveen would have won.
    There was a nice clip on the television about Sibon reacting frustrated after Gomes agains neutralized his shot.

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Sibon made a joke, he said "Please do normal, don't hold everyting please"
    Gomes: "Sorry man, it's my job"

Mike claimed that sc Heerenveen would have won with 4 or 5 -1 with a normal goalkeeper

13. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't watched the game (thanks, sucky sopcast!), but the various game reports I've read would put that assessment as only a slight exaggeration...

14. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
  15. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stand corrected. 4-1 wouldn't have been unjustified at all.

I don't think I've seen that many point blank saves since a year or two ago, when Friedel stood on his head for 90 minutes and earned Blackburn a draw with... damn, was it Man U? Arsenal? Whatever.

Credit to Gomes and credit to you for the link.

And boy do those fans sound good. That's atmosphere...