Bouncing Afro of Nutmeg Dribbling Death - Marcelo Lovefest Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Isn't it awesome how chronic the butthurt is.

Its the gift that keeps on giving. How joyous to think that those Liverpool losers still feel the sting from our domination. Cry more bitches. See you in another final when you make it 10 yrs from now.

ahnaf, raven3k and yoanaidarov repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Super response Marcelo.

That CL run over weak teams has really done wonders for Liverpool's confidence. I can't wait to see them crash and burn next year.

It's like they think they won something... but don't realize they haven't won shit.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Man I read that Marcelo interview in its entirety. Amazing. Dude is so frickin cool. His responses about Neymar about Cristiano. Everything was awesome.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Digital, J-Mezzy, natenate101 and 6 others repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo is one of the realest players out there. Dude shares so much of himself and his family in such a toxic environment, a really cool person.

Digital, temesgen, Zidane05 and 3 others repped this.
  6. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is player why i watch football. Never thought he will became such a legendary player..

natenate101 repped this.
  7. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Easy to say after today’s shambles, but I’ve had an eye on him ever since Cristiano left.

Does not look like he wants to be here. A total liability at the moment.

I’ll keep watching and hoping he pulls his head out of his backside and turns it around. But I’m not naive and I fully expect to see him at Juve next summer.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I think he suffers with injury and tries to play through it. At times it's like he can't move and quickly as he wants to move.

Anon., S1na, Eddie and 1 other person repped this.
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have the same feeling.
    he is gone this summer. my guess Juve.

10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Amazing player but when he has a bad game, boy does he.

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yoanaidarov repped this.
  12. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    That might be a blessing in disguise, considering his current form. It might do him good to sit out a couple of games and clear his head. Play Nacho at LB and Odriozola at RB against Atleti.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, he was absolutely terrible against Girona as well. I think the only reason Lopetegui didn't sub him yesterday was because we wouldn't really come out in the second half to defend, other than that, he's been terrible this season so far.

Stiliyan and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Even his attacking contribution was below par. Some of his passes where just simple forward passes that gotten easily intercepted because they where so obvious.
    On the defensive side I think the first two goals where solely on him. The third goal he couldnt head the ball away which also led to a goal .
    At times I even saw him stopping his run because he was like "meh too far" .
    If he wont defend , he should contribute to our attacking game in a huge way.

Anon. and Umar repped this.
  15. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For the third goal I think he was better positioned than Vazquez and despite the height difference he could win at least a foul there.

16. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plays in the most physically demanding position on the pitch. Needed adequate cover this season.

8 players for the back 4 should be a given every season.

Poor planning really.

17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Did Ronaldo make this guy look like the best leftback in the world?

I was amazed when he played that loose short pass and didn't even jog back into position until it was way too late. I was amazed at the lack of awareness from one of our captains, especially as we were being hammered (mainly down his side) for some time prior to the goal, and he was still not stepping up mentally.

Hugely disappointing, this game was a massive missed opportunity.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Very disappointing match, but it will never take away from my respect and admiration of Marcelo

Yannick Relens and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, criticism about his loose and careless attitude started getting intense last season. I think we might be looking to replace him next summer, or at least hand him a heavy challenge for his spot.

Anon. repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Marcelo has always had his lapses defensively. I remember Germany trashing that side on the 14 world cup.

But his overall impact, when covered by teammates, is positive. The good old case of the good outweighs the bad. Problem is when it's bad and his teammates don't cover, it can get pretty nasty as we have seen several times.

Digital repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's had some nightmares against Sevilla.

22. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #197 CR7PT, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good thing its not a very serious injury, might be a blessing in disguise for him to rest. He hasnt look good at all for us this season, it could be fatigue or just bad form, either way this gives him a break.

He has never been the most tenacious player for us, but if he is going to be caught out of position he needs to harrass the opposition when he is upfield. We cant afford to give the opposition plenty of space to play the ball into AND give them time on the ball to pick out that pass. Carvajal also spends a lot of time in the opposition half but the right side is no where near as exposed as the left.

temesgen, S1na and Digital repped this.
  24. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Marcelo has actually always been underrated defensively. He's always been identified as a weak link and his side gets hammered consistently. Take into account that up until the the last few years Ronaldo wouldn't provide defensive cover. He's bound to get exposed over the course of his career from time to time.

Having said that he's been pretty awful so far this season. Where's Reguillon?

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You think so? I dont think I have ever seen anyone so lackadaisical in defense :p

Our team has only looked solid when someone would cover for him. Xabi did that for Mourinho, Angel for Carlo, and Casemiro for Zidane in our trophy winning seasons. When we went gung-ho with the James-Kroos-Modric midfield with Carlo, the lack of cover for Marcelo was one of the reasons we went trophyless.

temesgen repped this.