Bouncing Afro of Nutmeg Dribbling Death - Marcelo Lovefest Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Apr 20, 2017.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You people are comparing Marcelo at 29 to RC and Camacho careers as a whole. Let Marcelo finish then come back and say Marcelo can't be seen above those two.

It would be a more interesting analysis to compare each at Marcelo's current age.

Doni, sleepyvato50 and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah there was a lot of dark moments in that campaign but also so much spirit, passion, emotions and character. I'll never forget games like Recrativo away (definitely not at home lol) and many others.

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I can't seem to post the youtube video in this thread but I watched Marcelo's RM doc yesterday and its such a beautiful story. Never knew all the details. About his grandfather. About his beautiful wife. Video isn't embedding for me but its on the RM official youtube page in Espanol and English subtitles. Its a must watch for ya'll. We all love Marcelo already but this will make you love him even more.

Have to add that the RM media/communicatons dept is hitting it out of the park recently. These player docs are just the latest in a line of excellent films they've made about the club. I've watched Carva, Asensio, Marcelo and Rafa Varane. All excellent. Top notch production quality befitting our club.

Digital, raven3k, -Reivax- and 1 other person repped this.
  4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was fantastic. 55 people at his presentation!

Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #55 Shay Z, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/marcelo-real-madrid-first-we-attack/

Vector-SS, Excape Goat, MerlinRM and 3 others repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "Casemiro saved my life" - that got my smiling.
    good reading.

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ya.... I liked that bit too.

I loved the bit about Fabio Cannavaro as well.

Fabio is one my favorite players of all time. I don't have many Madrid jerseys but I have one of Fabio. He was exceptional. Reading this quote from Marcelo made me think of this other story. I remember this cool moment just before the final in Lisbon or maybe Milan I think (we played so many they are all a blur) he came to visit the team with his sons and Pepe came over to say hi. Pepe says, "now I am the 33yr old, Fabio do you remember". Fabio laughs, Pepe says, "remember when we played together at the back and I would look at you and say Fabio, there's no one back here except us and you said.................. This is Real Madrid".

I loved that story. Cannavaro had big balls man. Great player.

Horsehead, Anon., Excape Goat and 4 others repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Cannavaro-increpa-a-Ronaldinho_54356552293_54115221152_960_640.jpg

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roberto Carlos also had a sterling international career playing two WC finals and winning one, a couple of Copa America's, and has finished as a first runner up in both the FIFA world player of the year and Balon D'Or rankings, I love Marcelo but RC was an absolute freak of nature.

temesgen repped this.
  10. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid

So good to watch :inlove:

S1na, Ahmadi8 and natenate101 repped this.
  11. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Why are our team captains so immature...

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Really just a dumbass move. If you can't control your anger, get the ******** off the pitch. So easy to get them triggered.

temesgen and Lyra repped this.
  13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Pretty dumb, but players usually get away with stuff like that.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, considering there was no touch, and the player fell flat on his head requesting a nurse, a priest and his mother to come out on the pitch to see him.

4 matches for that is completely ridiculous.

I'm quite unhappy with the officiating to be honest, Theo got absolutely clobbered on the edge of the boxand the referee gives nothing, then Levante go on the break and Carvajal gets a yellow card, part in frustration for the ridiculous decision to not give a foul just seconds ago.

Ahmadi8 and libertao repped this.
  15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We don't have control over the refs and unlike some teams we aren't running social media campaigns to influence decisions by posting pics of abuse so why not act like a professional and not put yourself at risk for being sent off? Marcelo has done this before and as a captain he has to be smarter than this. This team really should be more disciplined.

S1na and Lyra repped this.
  16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How many times did he do it before? Stop fcking exaggerating, Marcelo has no problems with discipline and it can happen to anyone. I have no problem if you complain about Ramos or Ronaldo who actually have problems but what are you even doing? Expecting every player to never get carded in his life?

17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Off the of my head he scissor kicked/tackled Messi in a classico a few years back under JM and saw straight red. Marcelo has always had a bit of a petulant side to his game. Great player for sure but not always as mature or focused as he needs to be.

Lyra and Zidane05 repped this.
  18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny isn't it that in the end Pepe seems to have been the most mature guy of all our captains. The same guy everyone called an animal after the casquero/barca gate :whistling:

19. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo just wanted a weekend off, that's it ;)

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He could have just asked for it!

temesgen repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shay Z, raven3k, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When season 2022/23 begins Benzema will be 3 months short of 35 years old. *shivers*

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    What does that have to do with... Marcelo????

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  24. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The tweet that he posted included "AS: Marcelo & Carvajal will be out of contract in 2020 but will be handed 2 year extensions in June. Benzema will also renew until 2022." .

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    From March 27th.