Boston Breakers v. L.A. SOL - Sunday August 9th - 6:00pm

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 4, 2009.

1. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marta should have been on the books for the tackle. It was better flying elbow than you'd see executed on a WWE telecast. Deliberate and totally unnecesary.

Smith's goal was pure class. She could have had a second one in the second half if she wasn't trying to set up her left foot so damn badly. You've got a right foot too, Kelly!

The one player on LA that showed true class after the game was Miyami. She came over and applauded The Riptide. Cheers to her for that.

Mike- Also liked you needling Mitts after the game. :)

And Matt's also got himself a new nickname. Squeaker. :D

2. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you should watch games with your own fans in the future.

3. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the game, the announcer said the LA goal was scored by Aly Wagner then came back and corrected that about 5 minutes later. How pitiful is that?

Today's Globe meanwhile has a picture of Maggie Tomeka captioned as Kelly Smith.

Sad, really.

4. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref was once again inconsistent as hell. He called a foul everytime MFM was knocked down (because she's small?) whereas Kelly Smith was getting mugged in the box in the first half and he called nothing.

5. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Huh?

6. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007

The refing has at times been poor this season for every team. however i do not hear any other teams constantly blaming the ref for their failures. At the end of the day boston failed to seal the deal. Had they not lost so many matches towards the end of the season they would have easily made the cut. And it isn't fair to put all the blame on lukenbill either. You sometimes have to step up and put the ball in the back of the net. Boston has consistantly been unable to do that as of late. Thats why they are not in the playoffs.

7. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh wonderful. Hey Dana? What's it like to see a crowd? :p

8. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Bon said.

9. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    as much as we don't like other teams and/or their players, wishing injury on them is particularly odious.

10. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008

This!!

It's all swings & roundabouts... for the team that Boston had should have got it done a long time ago. But they will be back next time. they just need to be more consistent.
    Theu have got good players but they need another goalscorer and a midfielder that actually knows what to do with the ball.

11. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at you with the big words! Someone has a thesaurus!

And damn you for making me look that up!:p

12. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yeah, totally not cool about wishing for a broken leg. I saw Christie Shaner on Sunday and she can still barely walk from the July 5th Wambach tackle.

13. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Update:female run over by bus

Boston- A female soccer player has been run over by a bus. The incident happened after a dissapointing loss against the top team on the league. The driver, coach Tony DiCicco was seen muttering the following words:

"I thought the team did a lot of good things and got better, but we just never got the goal production that I thought we would get from certain player"(http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/news/columnist/090811-lauletta-wps-weekly-20.aspx)

The name of the victim has not been released, although it is believed the victim is known as A-Rod, who is speculated would leave Boston and start rehabilitation in California in the upcoming months.

The driver had just return from a trip to Fine City and was hoping to head to Washington in the upcoming days.

At the moment is uncertain whether he would continue driving in the same route or if a new driver would take over.
    :D

14. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha bastid!:D

Must spread rep...blah blah blah

I'm hoping we hear what is going to happen with the GM position soon. I suspect that Tony D. would be a candidate for that position. What is unclear is whether, as GM, he would keep Amy on to see what a new coach could get out of her or deal her away out of spite....

Unfortunately IMO, I'm rather certain Amy Rodriguez will not be playing for Coach Tony DiCicco next season...

I think there's a decent chance Amy would stay in Boston if a new coach were brought in...

15. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL Gotcha covered on the rep. :)

16. new voice

new voice New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    for her to be "walking" at all this early after the injury means she is actually way ahead of schedule in her rehab! It was a bad injury, but should she should be back strong for next season.

17. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    it's a bad result for Boston.unlucky.

18. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's going to happen is she's either going to be traded or picked up and she's going to score enormous amounts of goals, especially against us. All because Tony put his ego before the team.

19. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pure truth.

IMHO ARod does many things better than many give her credit for- she sees the field, makes good runs, is good with the ball - I don't see her panicking in traffic. Of course she has speed and during the Olympics showed she can be a 90 minute player.

Her inability to finish goes back to and before the Olympics. I recall at least two time during the Olys where she could have put a game away and missed. I have to believe it is in her head. She needs time away from soccer and a head/finishing coach to get her back on track. (would breathing through her eyelids or wearing a garter belt help?- it worked for Nuke Laloosh :rolleyes:)

20. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think A-Rod has way more upside than Tony D.

This season felt a lot like 2001--- great team on paper that totally underperformed. Then did it again in 2002. Then the coach with the national program experience was replaced by former player who assisted in Philly... and the Breakers had the best record in 2003 (before getting ripped off in the playoffs by refs kissing Mia's butt... sorry, that's another thread...)

So who is the next Pia Sundhange? And can we please not wait a second year to find her?