Boston Breakers - 2009 Roster

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9297132/Kristine-Lilly-signs-with-Boston-Breakers

Kristine Lilly signs with Boston Breakers

The Boston Breakers and two-time World Cup and Olympic Champion Kristine Lilly came to terms on a multi-year contact, it was announced today by the Breakers. Terms of the deal were not disclosed per team policy.

Well I guess it's good to make it official...

:D

good bit of trivia...

After being allocated to the Breakers as a Founding Player of the WUSA in 2001, she went on to be a three-time First-Team All-WUSA selection - the only player in league history to do so.

why didn't I know that??

2. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you call yourself a Breakers fan?!?!

3. AWDean

AWDean New Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bummah!

:(

6. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Woah ...what will happen to her now. I bet A-Rod will be bummed.

7. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be surprised if she ends up playing for Aztecs...With all the NT callups we'll be seeing this season not to mention potential injuries....

Hopefully Ashley and the other players cut can hang around and play for Aztec, Mutiny or SoccerPlus...

We'll see!!

8. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I've done the roster comparisons correctly, then these were today's cuts:

Marisa Brown M
    Jaimel Johnson GK
    Marisha Schumacher-Hodge M
    Lindsay Vera F

I'm not familar enough with the players to know if there are any surprises here.

On another note, they've sent the link to order jerseys (it's on the website) but the roster doesn't have numbers on it yet, so it's hard to be sure what to order.

9. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's your answer Melissa...

I've never seen Jaimel play at Tennessee but the few that I've talked to that have seen her said she is a great athlete, very active in the box, covering area quick etc...

After hearing that and remembering the last time I saw Lucky coaching with Endicott a couple years ago, I really thought Jaimel would be challenging for the starting spot!

wow.

Tony did say he plans on keeping three keepers...and he'd hope the fourth would stay in the area with one of the affiliates...we'll see.

10. jrevs

jrevs New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    MA & DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on the numbers they were wearing at the unveiling, I'm guessing Rodriguez is 8 and Hucles 16. I'd be really surprised if Lilly wasn't 13. They weren't wearing numbers in the preseason games, were they?:confused:

11. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah. The interesting battle should be over #2.

Heather Mitts and Alex Scott.

Mittsie wore #13 in Philly but we all know she's not getting that...I'd assume she'd want her NT number but Alex Scott wore/wears that number for Arsenal and England..

While Alex also wore #12 at one time for Arsenal I think she'll end up with the #2...

I expect Mittsie to be shipped to Philly next year so Alex should get the choice IMO

Man this season can't start soon enough....we're talking about jersey numbers ffs!:eek:

12. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Well they better hurry up and decide, I'm all down for paying for a Mitts jersey, but damnit give me some numbers!

13. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    The more I look into it, the more it seems Mitts won't be here next season. I'm thinking Sue Weber or Alex Scott. Can we do customization at the stadium?

14. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called today to order a jersey, and they told me I could specify a player's name (Kristine Lilly in my case) and they would add the right number to the order before sending it out for customization.

Now I'm just hoping it will fit!

15. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Based on the players listed on the Breakers' website, it looks like the last 3 released will be Martino, Cooper and Mundy. Now it's just a matter of who's on the 18 player roster and who's developmental.

16. Texas Gator

Texas Gator New Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOTES: Final rosters will not be announced officially until Wednesday, but here is the word on the street: The Breakers are expected to give full roster status to Stacy Bishop, taken with the second-to-last pick in the 2009 WPS Draft... ...Jaimel Johnson, the 70th and final player selected in the draft, is expected to catch on with the Chicago Red Stars as the club's developmental goalkeeper... ...FC Gold Pride report that all of their international players have finally made their way to the Bay Area. Also, the club parted ways with Jill Oakes, who was the second overall player taken in last fall's General Draft.

17. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Breakers released their final roster. The 4 developmental players are Abby Crumpton, Ariel Harris, Ashley Phillips and Maggie Tomecka.

18. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid10494.aspx?team=boston

Boston Breakers Opening Day Roster

No Name

25 Nancy Augustyniak Goffi

4 Stacy Bishop

9 Candace Chapman

14 Abby Crumpton *

15 Fabiana

23 Ariel Harris *

16 Angela Hucles

7 Christine Latham

6 Amy LePeilbet

13 Kristine Lilly

18 Allison Lipsher

1 Kristine Luckenbill

2 Heather Mitts

17 Kacey Moore

19 Jennifer Nobis

24 Ashley Phillips *

8 Amy Rodriguez

3 Kelly Schmedes

22 Alex Scott

10 Kelly Smith

5 Maggie Tomecka *

20 Sue Weber

* = Developmental Player

Not too shabby!:D

19. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    Looks like a good group. It's weird seeing Hucles without #11. Do you think they'll put "Augustyniak Goffi" on the back of a jersey?

After 5.5 years, we're finally only 10 days away from kickoff. Amazing.

20. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm actually a bit suprised Mittsie got the #2.

What are the chances she's here next year? I wonder what we can get out of Philly for her?

Man this season needs to start already...I'm already trading away marquee players!!:p

And very good to see a couple of local products on the side...In fact I believe I had a small wager with a certain Breakers FO guru.

Ms. Tomecka not only earned herself a roster spot but won me a cold beverage!:D

21. twinssoccerdad

twinssoccerdad New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Indiana
    What about Luckenbill going back to Phily?

When I talked to her last year she expressed interest in going home next year also.

22. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a wrench to leave Arsenal but I couldnt pass up American dream says England striker Kelly Smith

Kelly Smith heads to America hailed the Zinedine Zidane of women's football, with a scoring record better than a goal a game for the all-conquering Arsenal Ladies and on a mission to finally make the world pay attention.

There is a tinge of deja-vu for the England striker, who swapped Watford for New Jersey as a 17-year-old and then became in 2001 the first woman from these shores to become pro player.

The dream was painfully short and Smith found herself unemployed with a cancelled visa when the ambitious United States league she played in collapsed with massive debts after just three seasons in 2003.

Now 30, she has left Arsenal for the second time to play for Boston Breakers in WPS - Women's Professional Soccer - a new seven-team American league, which launched last weekend, that has signed up the very best players in the world.

23. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a big fan of Tomecka's when she was at UNC. Thought she had great potential to be a nat'l team holding mid/ dmid. I thought she'd make a roster, too.

24. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I'm happy to see Schmedes stick. She can be a very exciting player.