Bosnian Clubs in the Champions League / Europa League

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
  2. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Zeljo got one of the hardest draws yet again. Viktoria houses a couple standard Czech Republic and Slovakia internationals. By standard I mean starters. Another 5-0 coming your way. Meanwhile Partizan and Dinamo Zagreb are facing teams from Luxembourg and Armenia. No wonder they're so ahead of us in the coefficients.

3. PlavoSarajevo

PlavoSarajevo Member+

Mar 23, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wow it would be a huge upset if Zeljo could get past Viktoria Plzen. I'll be glad as long as we don't lose at home, we're gonna get our asses kicked though.

Zrinjski got a Andorran team. Sarajevo got a team from San Marino.

Great. Now Sarajevo fans are gonna be all like "oohhh we do better in Europe"

4. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    but they do, putting the san marino team aside

5. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/fc-viktoria-plze/transfers-alle/verein_941.html

I'm surprised they didn't sell more players ever since. Usually after the success of a club in CL/EL, the players are being sold off because other clubs are offering good offers for them.
    Instead, Viktoria Plzen bought more players.

The only hopes for Zeljo is a tight, cheeky defence. You know, like if they(Zeljo) score one goal, then bring every single player of theirs down to defensive midfield and/or defence lol, and just use all kinds of tricks of the trade.
    And they should hope for that Viktoria underestimates them gravely, and that Viktoria has some severe injuries and such smaller details.
    If I'd be in Osim's place, I'd just put 1 goalie and 10 defenders on the pitch and make sure they tackle the living hell out of every player and contain their game, use offside traps and lure them.
    Then if somehow it all ends in 0-0 in both legs, they've got a far better chance of winning on penalties. At least in my opinion.
    And if Zeljo decides to play with offense too, then they should do a whole lot of acting, get a lot of free kicks and try and get the opponents some yellow and red cards and just falling and stuff. :p Might not be nice, but it isn't in the interest of any club to fall out of CL if they don't have to.

6. PlavoSarajevo

PlavoSarajevo Member+

Mar 23, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If you're a Sarajevo supporter you have no room to talk. 7-0 aggregate to Sparta Prague.

lol none of those teams you mention are "big" teams. We beat Sheriff Tiraspol, which is just a good as side as those 3 you listed. I doubt Sarajevo would have the same "success" (and I use that word loosely) if they actually won the league and had to play in CL qualifying.

7. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Who has a better co-efficient?

8. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013

9. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Tomorrow we got some Bosnian Clubs playing some EL matches!

UE Santa Coloma vs Svijski
    Sarajevo vs Libertas

I'm expecting solid results tomorrow from both clubs.. But you never know with our teams.. I don't think Sarajevo should have too many problems, even witht the striker issues.

10. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Svinjski is on half-time now. They're losing by 1 - 0 to Santa Coloma ahuehuehuehue.
    Olimpic would've raped the Andorrans.

11. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Hahah, did they seriously make some changes to it or is it just a joke? :p

12. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Sarajevo had a bad game in midfield and the offense wasn't clicking much with Suljic leaving his position quite often while Huseinbasic and Radulovic had terrible games on the right side. The set piece deliveries weren't up to par either and the opponents were better organized and more defensive than expected, However, in spite of all that, Sarajevo still won the game and hit the woodwork five to six times during the match. I think it was just an off day and the players treated more as part of their pre-season preparations. I expect that we see a more efficient and on point performance from Sarajevo in San Marino this week with a bit more luck in front of goal. I think they take it something like 0-3, 0-4 away from home and seal their place in the next round.

Zrinjski got a fine result in Andorra, but defensively they looked suspect yet again in Europe and it wasn't a good sign of what's to come even against a poor opponent. They did well offensively though and got the job done in the second half. Expecting them to take another 3-0, 4-0 victory at home with the tie all but over and earn themselves some more coefficient points.

No one's opponents in the Europa League second qualifying round are clear yet but Zrinjski will have to up their game defensively and create a better balance if they are to beat a side like Botev Plovdiv who shouldn't be underestimated. Sarajevo I still expect to make it to the third round when considering that their next round opponents are clearly inferior but they have to be wary of a Zeta type of repeat, just need some better finishing in front of goal when they get the chances. Siroki are looking on course to be well prepared and neither Levski or Irtysh are unbeatable sides, Siroki can hold their own against them both as I said before and I expect them to give it a real go to go through. Their pre-season preparations are going very well.

Zeljeznicar are clearly not prepared and they still need another two or three players to be ready to compete with Plzen, but the tactics have become a problem as well. Two thrashings on the wrong end in recent days make it seem as if it's going to be a very very dark night for Zeljo in the Czech Republic next Tuesday. I don't have a good feeling about this at all anymore, but I have to say it was always going to be hard once they lost so many players this summer.

BH Fanatico repped this.
  13. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Santa Coloma 1-3 Zrinjski / Zrinjski 1-0 Santa Coloma (4-1 Agg.)
    Sarajevo 1-0 Libertas / Libertas 1-2 Sarajevo (1-3 Agg.)

2013-14 European Season

FK Zeljeznicar:
    Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic): -, -

FK Sarajevo:
    Libertas (San Marino): 1.0, 1.0
    Kukesi (Albania): -, -

NK Siroki Brijeg:
    Irtysh Pavlodar (Kazakhstan): -, -

HSK Zrinjski Mostar:
    UE Santa Coloma (Andorra): 1.0, 1.0
    Botev Plovdiv (Bulgaria): -, -

4.0/4 = 1.000 coefficient points

Upcoming games

July 16 - Viktoria Plzen vs Zeljeznicar

July 18 - Zrinjski Mostar vs Botev Plovdiv, Irtysh Pavlodar vs Siroki Brijeg, Kukesi vs Sarajevo

Sudžuka repped this.
  14. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Its a good start so far, maximum co-efficient points so far

15. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Honestly, I could see all three of our (I use the word "our" lightly as Zrinjski and Siroki obviously feel like they belong to another country :rolleyes:) Europa League teams in the third round, or all three teams eliminated this round. Each tie can go either way.

Sad to see Sarajevo in a bad state. With the draws they have gotten, they could have made a big run. They still can but it will be tough getting past the third round with some of the problems they've had, specifically in the attacking department overall.

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  17. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Thursday, July 18 (UEFA Europa League 2nd qual. round, Leg 1)

Irtysh Pavlodar vs Siroki Brijeg - 15:00 CET

Zrinjski Mostar vs Botev Plovdiv - 18:30 CET (BHT1)

Kukesi vs FK Sarajevo - 19:30 CET (FACE TV)

There will be streams available online as well for the Zrinjski and Sarajevo while even though none of the national Bosnian channels will broadcast the Siroki game, there might still be some hope of finding a stream somewhere because surely some channel in Kazakhstan will show the game live.

18. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Viktoria Plzen 4-3 Zeljeznicar
    Irtysh Pavlodar 3-2 Siroki Brijeg / Zrinjski Mostar 1-1 Botev Plovdiv / Kukesi 3-2 FK Sarajevo

2013-14 European Season

FK Zeljeznicar
    Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic): 0, -

FK Sarajevo
    Libertas (San Marino): 2.0
    Kukesi (Albania): 0, -

NK Siroki Brijeg
    Irtysh Pavlodar (Kazakhstan): 0, -

HSK Zrinjski Mostar
    UE Santa Coloma (Andorra): 2.0
    Botev Plovdiv (Bulgaria): 0.5, -

4.5/4 = 1.125 coefficient points

Upcoming Games

July 23 - Zeljeznicar vs Viktoria Plzen (21:00 CET)

July 25 - Botev Plovdiv vs Zrinjski Mostar (19:30 CET), Siroki Brijeg vs Irtysh Pavlodar (20:30 CET), FK Sarajevo vs Kukesi (21:00 CET)

The Champions League and Europa League draws for the third qualifying round are tomorrow.

19. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
  20. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sarajevo was unlucky not to at least draw, after hitting the post, so i don't think they'll have problems with home support in Kosevo. Hopefully Zrinjski and Siroki get wins as well, to boost our coefficients.

21. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Zeljeznicar 1-2 Viktoria Plzen
    Botev Plovdiv 2-0 Zrinjski Mostar / Siroki Brijeg 2-0 Irtysh Pavlodar / FK Sarajevo 0-0 Kukesi

2013-14 European Season

FK Zeljeznicar
    Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic): 0

FK Sarajevo
    Libertas (San Marino): 2.0
    Kukesi (Albania): 0.5

NK Siroki Brijeg
    Irtysh Pavlodar (Kazakhstan): 1.0
    Udinese (Italy): -,-

HSK Zrinjski Mostar
    UE Santa Coloma (Andorra): 2.0
    Botev Plovdiv (Bulgaria): 0.5

6/4 = 1.500 coefficient points

Upcoming Games

August 1 - Siroki Brijeg vs Udinese

August 8 - Udinese vs Siroki Brijeg

22. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Udinese probably beats Siroki Brijeg on 9-0 aggregate

23. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Congratulations to Siroki Brijeg for showing some class and professionalism, unlike the vast majority of our clubs.

I think it'll be a lot closer than people think. 4-1 in Italy, 1-3 in Bosnia. 7-2 agg.

BH Fanatico and Bicewanger repped this.
  24. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    http://www.oslobodjenje.ba/sport/no...kmice-evropske-lige-umjesani-i-klubovi-iz-bih

So 3 Europa League games played so far this summer have had match fixing suspicions placed above them, but they aren't fully revealed. They do however say that clubs from Moldova, Georgia, Hungary, Albania, and Bosnia were involved.

Seeing as how Zeljeznicar faced a Czech team, Siroki Brijeg faced a Kazakh outfit, and Zrinjski faced Andorran and Bulgarian sides, it only leaves Sarajevo's potential match with Kukesi from Albania in the mix. Kukesi apparently offered their players a big bonus if they got through to the third qualifying round and they are also apparently financed by a localized wealthy man so this makes things very fishy, especially when you look at the manners in which at least two of their three goals scored at home came in.

25. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Enough of this bullshit. I hate the excuses being made for Sarajevo, Sarajevo played like shit and that's that.