Bosnian Clubs in the Champions League / Europa League

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Djerzelez

Djerzelez Red Card

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So we got;

ZELJO Champions League
    SARAJEVO
    SIROKI BRIJEG
    and ZRINJSKI - Europa League?

DadoIsNumeroUno and Bicewanger repped this.
  2. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Seems like it.
    Ironically enough, Zrinjski has a better coefficient than Borac.

3. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Borac lost to a second division swiss team last year.

They ********ing suck

Bicewanger repped this.
  4. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Celik would do best of the remaining teams in BiH PL who didn't go to Europe and Zrinjski.
    They've got Mesanovic, Kajkut and others ontop who make up a very sharp attack, which means they could make tons of goals against weak opponents. Given that they were very intent on winning against Olimpic, and their trainer gives them sound tactical advice, they could get places.

As much as I hate to admit it, Olimpic doesn't look ready for Europe just yet, but they would definitely do better than Borac and Zrinjski in Europe I think. And they absolutely deserve it much more than Celik and the rest.

Zrinjski better not screw up now, or they'll be my pet peeve for the rest of the year lol.

Sarajevsko Pivo repped this.
  5. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    It's official, HSK Zrinjski Mostar will be our fourth representative in European competitions this summer, starting in the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round.

http://sportsport.ba/bh_fudbal/sluzbeno-zrinjski-u-evropi/105980

Well, considering the season they just had, we're better off looking at the other three sides to earn us any coefficient points in Europe.

6. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    no that was 2 yrs ago, they lost to Celik Niksic last year

7. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Sarajevsko Pivo repped this.
  8. hernenas

hernenas Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    asking for 120km in bih, is like taking away their pay for two months ahahaha

9. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Who gives a shit if I wasn't alive then? I am probably a bigger Bosnian patriot than you are, you haven't even met me in real life...

Ignorant adults these days...

10. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lol at people saying it wouldn't be a better league. Its better to play in ex yugo league then never qualify for group stages of anything

11. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    An ex-yugo league would be composed of only Serb and Croat teams, along with Maribor and maybe 1 from Bosnia.

Bicewanger repped this.
  12. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    It is worse to play in an ex yugo league and never qualify for group stages of anything.

You see; if our clubs were strong enough to compete with the clubs from Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia, then they would've beaten them in CL/EL and gotten to the group stages.

Since they're not, why would we ever think that suddenly our teams would win an ex yugo league or even get to 5th place there, when the habit for Zeljo and Sarajevo was - the two giants of our country - to mope around 14th - 10th place.

Bosnian football would never see the light of day in an ex yugo league.

13. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    When was football ever fan friendly in the balkans? You are telling me we were all nice and fuzzy during the 70's and 80's? Maybe not as nationalistic as it is now, but there are solutions to avoid that kind of problem. If the fan issue is such a problem then outright ban the away fans. Problem solved right there.

I would like at least some sort of cup, because our teams are an embarrassment. They will NEVER get better playing in our stupid kupus liga. And I'm talking about top teams in Bosnia (FKS, Zeljeznicar, Borac, Siroki) these clubs are a good distance above everyone else in our current league. Zeljeznicar especially. Organization goes only so far, when you are limited to what kind of teams you play in your domestic league. You need to play excellent opposition and Bosnia only has the potential for a couple of teams to do well. Who would you rather go see, Zeljo vs Leotar or Zeljo vs Maribor? Or Zeljo vs Partizan? Or Zeljo vs Dinamo? Hajduk? Partizan? I could give two shits about Europe if those were the types of teams I was playing against. Europe would only be 6 games minimum (group stage), while this would be the entire season. the games would surely be more intense.

The current league shouldn't be disbanded, but serve as a relegation league for Bosnian teams. I can't see how you guys think being balkan league is better then being in the BiH league footballing wise. Its like our mini-champions league. Our talents are going to want to stay more at teams like Sarajevo and Zeljeznicar, and plus the talent in the country would go towards top two teams like Sarajevo and Zeljo, while the rest would be developing in the smaller clubs. If we can't top a Yugo league, we don't DESERVE to play in Europe. There are teams much better then Dinamo, Zvezda, Partizan, Hajduk... yet no one is saying "we shouldn't play in europe, its too hard" thats a pathetic excuse.

Sure these other clubs are worth more in value, but I really doubt that they would cream us all the time. Zeljeznicar could of gave Maribor a better game, I'm almost positive on that. Sarajevo has beat teams like Genk, Levski, Helsingborg, Spartak Trvana, gave CFR Cluj two great matches.. I don't see why we couldn't give one of the teams above a good game.

Maybe you guys are right about having it now, our clubs are behind their clubs in terms of value, facilities, transfer market power but I think twenty years down the road when things are bound to improve (it can't get much worse lol) we should think about joining a league like this. If these clubs could once again achieve former status, this would be one of the best leagues in Europe.

14. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    If they somehow miraculously happen to win against one of those teams, they will be seeded in the round following that one. And then they absolutely must win, because they would face one of the easier opponents. If they do that, then they practically have secured group play.

If anybody will lose against Zeljeznicar this year, I hope it will be Legia, so Zeljo can barely get seeded in the next round with their coefficients, and then get to Q4/Playoffs in CL, and from there on they're going to group play either way.

15. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    If we expect the teams to win by who has the highest Team Ranking points of them all, then this is what it will look like in Q3 of CL. (Q1 is when San Marino, Andorra etc. play, Q2 is when Zeljo comes into the game) :

Seeded teams coef. ============== Unseeded teams coef.
    ------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------
    FC Basel Sui 59.785 ============== Sheriff Tiraspol ** Mol 11.533
    BATE Borisov ** Bls 39.175 ============== NK Maribor ** Slo 9.941
    Celtic ** Sco 37.538 ============== Slovan Bratislava ** Svk 8.341
    Steaua Bucuresti ** Rom 35.604 ============== IF Elfsborg ** Swe 8.125
    APOEL Nicosia Cyp 35.366 ============== Maccabi Tel-Aviv ** Isr 8.075
    Viktoria Plzen ** Cze 28.745 ============== Molde FK ** Nor 7.835
    Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 25.916 ============== HJK Helsinki ** Fin 6.701
    Partizan Belgrade ** Srb 17.425 ============== Ekranas Panevezys ** Lit 6.300
    Austria Wien Aut 16.575 ============== Neftchi Baku ** Azb 5.708
    Legia Warsaw ** Pol 13.650 ============== Dinamo Tbilisi ** Geo 5.333

The rules are such that if for example Zeljo is drawn for Legia as an opponent, and Zeljo has a lower Team Ranking points(the points to the right) than the team they beat, then they will inherit that team's Team Ranking points for the next round only. After that, they revert back to their original Team Ranking points. In this case, if Zeljo was to win against Legia, which is the worst of all the teams on the seeded list in the so-far supposed line-up of teams in Q3, they will inherit the 13.560 points and be on the seeded side therefore in Q3, but only for Q3 will they have those points.

Examples:
    F91 Dudelange started off in Q1, won there against Tre Penne from San Marino, over which they had the superior Team Ranking points of 2.716 while Tre Penne only had 0.933, so they retained their original Team Ranking points for Q2 of 2.716 points.
    In Q2 they faced Red Bull Salzburg whose Team Ranking points was 29.265. F91 Dudelange managed to beat them, and therefore went onto Q3 and inherited those 29.265 points, and thus were seeded for Q3. You can check it here.

Closer to home, you will see the same thing happened to FK Sarajevo this past year in EL when they first started out with the Team Ranking points 4.183 in Q1 and beat Hibernians FC from Malta who had a Team Ranking points of 1.116, so they retained their Team Ranking points in Q2 where they played against Levski Sofia from Bulgaria who had 11.850 points in Team Ranking points, and of course as we all know Sarajevo won, so then they inherited Levski's Team Ranking points temporarily for Q3 of EL and were placed on the seeded side of the teams.
    Unfortunately enough for Sarajevo, they happened to barely lose against FK Zeta from Montenegro; reputedly laziest country's best team which had 1.375 Team Ranking points and thereby the "easiest opponent" of the ones on the unseeded side. Go figure.

There is a tendency every year that there will be one or two teams from both CL/EL who will surprise, like for example F91 Dudelange and FK Zeta last year, and once upon a time Slavija beat Aalborg from Denmark, perhaps even Sarajevo this last year against Levski.
    I'm hoping for Zeljo to come to one of those miracles this year and barely get their butt across to the seeded side.

16. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Once one of our clubs cross over to the CL group stages, we will see a thing similar to what happened to BATE

The WC will also bring attention to some of our players.

Bicewanger repped this.
  17. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
  18. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Can someone post a schedule for the up coming qualification matches for Europe with time? I think Sarajevo plays tuesday or Wednesday.

19. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    I don't know about the times yet, but here are the dates:
    [​IMG]

.Azulgrana. and Sudžuka repped this.
  20. Van Gaal

Van Gaal Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    To make it 3 rounds would be a great success for Zeljeznicar and Sarajevo in They basically play with no money compared to other teams in Europe even compared to Bulgarian league,

Bicewanger repped this.
  21. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_A_Lyga#League_table

All that stood between Zalgiris and being in CL this year, is one single goal for Zalgiris from Lithuania.
    Had they made even one more goal in a 0-0 game, they would've won the entire league, as they had the same goal difference as Ekranas(the champions in 2012, against whom Olimpic won like 3-0 btw hehe) and were only 1 point behind Ekranas.

Why am I bringing this up?:
    Had Zalgiris won the league, they would have had a coefficient lower than Zeljo, and that would've made Zeljo hop onto the seeded side of the Q2 in CL.

22. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    So tomorrow the draws are going to be held for CL/EL.
    Interesting draws that could go both ways for Zeljo(in my opinon) :

IF Elfsborg(Sweden)
    HJK Helsinki(Finland)
    Neftchi Baku(Azerbaijan)
    Dinamo Tbilisi(Georgia)
    Seriff Tiraspol(Moldova)
    Ekranas Panevezys(Lithuania)

Sudžuka repped this.
  23. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
  24. Bicewanger