Bosnia and Herzegovina Football Experts

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by soccersubjectively, Jun 6, 2012.

1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey sorry I don't belong in these parts but I'm looking for 1-3 experts on B&H's current football team AND that are active on BigSoccer. They need to be knowledgeable of the team, fair, and just. I'm doing a little bit of a project at the moment and would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks in advance!

Vitez repped this.
  2. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Nah, you belong here. Everyone's welcome :D

I might be of help. What's up?

3. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  4. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We're you're best bet at the moment! :)

Welcome to our forum.

5. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm not as knowledgeable on the NT as these fruitcakes above me, but everyone is welcome here! we have gays, lesbians, bosnians, to brazilians!

6. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow what a way more welcoming forum than the USA one... Well I've messaged a couple of you but I'll post it here anyway.

I'm trying to put together some world rankings. The idea is to rate every team's player's 1-100 with an expert for every team to give a fair and just review of the their respective team. Obviously you guys would just cover Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Here's how I would compile the ratings. If the World Cup was in one month and every team had a month to prepare it's squad to play, who would be chosen, what would their ratings be, and how many minutes would they play on average? (This is who you would expect to see, not who you'd want to see.) For example, this is what USA's squad would look like, in my opinion:

81 - Howard (GK) 90 mins
    73 - Cherundolo (RB) 70 mins
    71.5 - Bocanegra (CB) 85 mins
    69.5 - Goodson (CB) 70 mins
    72.5 - Johnson (LB) 80 mins
    74.5 - Bradley (CDM) 90 mins
    76.5 - Jones (CDM) 80 mins
    70 - Torres (CM) 60 mins
    82 - Dempsey (LW) 90 mins
    80.5 - Donovan (RW) 90 mins
    74 - Altidore (ST) 75 mins

71.5 - Chandler (RB) 15 mins
    70.5 - Lichaj (RB) 5 mins
    69 - Parkhurst (CB/RB) 5 mins
    68 - Onyewu (CB) 13 mins
    69 - Cameron (CB) 7 mins
    69.5 - Castillo (LB) 10 mins
    69.5 - Edu (CM) 15 mins
    70.5 - Beckerman (CM) 10 mins
    68 - Boyd (ST) 3 mins
    70 - Gomez (ST) 25 mins
    68 - Wondolowski (ST) 2 mins

I gave Howard a 81 rating and expect him to play 90 minutes, every minute, while Goodson is expected to play only 70 minutes as the CB spot is still pretty open for the US.

This is what I have for B&H's current squad, based off FIFA 12's ratings:

76 - Begovic (GK) 90 mins
    77 - Spahic (D) 90 mins
    71 - Mujdza (D) 90 mins
    71 - Papac (D) 90 mins
    69 - Pandza (D) 90 mins
    76 - Salihovic (CM) 90 mins
    77 - Lulic (LM) 90 mins
    78 - Pjanic (CAM) 90 mins
    81 - Misimovic (CAM) 90 mins
    76 - Ibisevic (ST) 90 mins
    83 - Dzeko (ST) 90 mins

So what needs to change? Are players ratings too high/low? Would you expect a sub to come in and, on average, how long would he play?

You have to factor in long term injuries but current fitness issues you could likely ignore. For example, Stuart Holden will likely make the actual World Cup squad but for now I have to keep him off.

This is a big work in progress but here is the "current" overall rankings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AttujdNBdATWdHI3WVRSM2xDaWcycnZwbnFKTFRoS0E&output=html

I realize this is a big overtaking and should be taken with a grain of salt AND that there's no "correct" answer but I thought it'd still be interesting to compile. If you have any questions let me know!

7. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Give me some time.

8. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    First of all, welcome to the Bosnian forum, you're more than welcome here.

Second of all, I'll try and help you out to the best of my knowledge.

One very important thing to know about the Bosnian national team is that the players' conditioning and endurance at a high intensity isn't very good and the team begins to tire usually around 65 to 70 minutes against strong opponents. It's happend against the likes of Germany, France, and Portugal in the past couple of years and it's the main reason for us conceding so many late goals in these games. Therefore all those players you have playing 90 minutes wouldn't work out well, especially not in a major tournament where the levels and requirements are high with games coming around every three or four days. Some of the players we have don't even start for their clubs often and they suffer more than the others.

The only players that I think could, or a better word, SHOULD be guaranteed regulars in the starting lineup right now are Asmir Begovic (GK; Stoke City), Mensur Mujdza (RB; Freiburg), Emir Spahic (LCB; Sevilla), Sejad Salihovic (LDM/LCM; Hoffenheim), Senad Lulic (LM/LW; Lazio), Miralem Pjanic (AMC; Roma), and Edin Dzeko (CF; Manchester City). The rest of the spots in our team should be well and truly open but our coach insists on starting the likes of Zvjezdan Misimovic (AMC; Dinamo Moscow), Elvir Rahimic (DM; CSKA Moscow), and Haris Medunjanin (CM/AMC; Maccabi Tel-Aviv) even though some of them have been underperforming or haven't been playing regularly at club level lately.

So the remaining spots in the lineup would be; (RCB), (LB), (RDM/RCM), and (RM/RW)

For me, these guys should take those starting spots but it's still very much up for grabs with a couple of them;

(RCB) - Ervin Zukanovic (Kortrijk; Belgium)
    (LB) - Josip Kvesic (Zeljeznicar; Bosnia)
    (RDM/RCM) - Anel Hadzic (Ried; Austria)
    (RM/RW) - Miroslav Stevanovic (Vojvodina; Serbia)

Just to let you know however, we do have some strong competitors in a few positions here that could threaten those four for a XI spot.

For the RCB spot (which I gave to Zukanovic) we have Boris Pandza (Mechelen; Belgium), Edin Cocalic (Maccabi Haifa; Israel), Ognjen Vranjes (Krasnodar; Russia), and Jasmin Sudic (Malmo; Sweden) who are all some of our brightest defensive talents at the moment who start regularly in some pretty decent leagues.

For the LB spot (which I gave to J. Kvesic) we have Sasa Papac (free agent, last played for Glasgow Rangers; Scotland), Muhamed Subasic (Dynamo Dresden; Germany), Marin Leovac (Austria Wien; Austria), and Aziz Behich (Melborune Victory; Australia) who are a few of the players we have that could push for that spot but I prefer Kvesic instead because he seems to be our best option there.

For the RDM/RCM spot (which I gave to A. Hadzic) we have Adnan Zahirovic (Spartak Nalchik; Russia), Muhamed Besic (Hamburg; Germany), Sead Kolasinac (Schalke; Germany), and Nermin Zolotic (Zeljeznicar; Bosnia) who are the biggest prospects we have for those two midfield pivot positions but Hadzic is set to be the starter as soon as FIFA give him the green light to play and he is probably the most prepared player here anyways.

For the RM/RW spot (which I gave to Stevanovic) we have Edin Visca (Istanbul BB; Turkey), Mehmed Alispahic (Dinamo Zagreb; Croatia), Ermin Zec (Genclerbirligi; Turkey), and Goran Zakaric (Dinamo Zagreb/Siroki Brijeg; Croatia/Bosnia) as well but Stevanovic's dribbling skills combined with his defensive awareness makes him the pick here for me.

So this would be my starting lineup;

Begovic
    Mujdza---Zukanovic---Spahic---Kvesic
    Hadzic---Salihovic
    Stevanovic---Pjanic---Lulic
    Dzeko
    Here are my ratings and number of minutes now;​
    83 - Begovic (GK) 90 minutes​
    81 - Mujdza (RB) 80 minutes​
    79.5 - Zukanovic (CB) 80 minutes​
    83.5 - Spahic (CB) 90 minutes​
    77 - Kvesic (LB) 75 minutes​
    78.5 - Hadzic (CM) 80 minutes​
    82 - Salihovic (CM) 70 minutes​
    76.5 - Stevanovic (RW) 68 minutes​
    83 - Pjanic (AMC) 79 minutes​
    82.5 - Lulic (LW) 85 minutes​
    85 - Dzeko (ST) 86 minutes​
    And for the bench/second lineup;​
    77.5 - Hasagic (GK) 45 minutes​
    75 - Vranjes (RB) 10 minutes​
    73.5 - Pandza (CB) 60 minutes​
    74 - Cocalic (CB) 65 minutes​
    76.5 - Papac (LB) 15 minutes​
    75 - Besic (DM) 35 minutes​
    77 - Medunjanin (CM) 20 minutes​
    81.5 - Ibisevic (RW) 22 minutes​
    81 - Misimovic (AMC) 11 minutes​
    76 - Visca (LW) 20 minutes​
    73 - Djuric (ST) 5 minutes​
    If I was to pick three subs from that bench to come on and make an impact when we need it, I would say Vedad Ibisevic, Zvjezdan Misimovic, and Edin Visca would be those players. Ibisevic because of his instincts/finishing ability as well as his work rate/way he opens space for his teammates, Misimovic because of his experience, creativity, and no nonsense finishing at times, and Visca because of his speed, width, and good long range shooting ability.​
    Hope this helped you out and I hope the rest of the posters here think my team would be a good one to take to a World Cup at this time. ;)

9. TheUppercut

TheUppercut Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I 100% agree with you respekt, and your writeup is a great summary of our team... the only thing I would say is I think you're ratings are a little too high for a lot of the players... at least if we're going by comparison to the FIFA 12 scale... objectively, you can make an argument for guys like dzeko, pjanic, salihovic, ibisevic, lulic, and maybe begovic to be in the 80's but guys like stevanovic, hadzic, zukanovic, kvesic would definetly not get a ranking over 75. Mujdza definetly wouldn't be ranked over 80 as well, and a bunch of the bench players would be ranked high 60s/low 70s.

10. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish every forum was this interested in their national team. Awesome. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I looked back at the Euro qualifying and saw the heartbreak tie to France in October. However your WCQ group looks very winnable, with Greece being the "top" team. I actually have Bosnia at 18th in UEFA over Greece (21st) and Slovakia (22nd) in my rankings:

https://docs.google.com/a/harding.e...jdNBdATWdHI3WVRSM2xDaWcycnZwbnFKTFRoS0E&gid=2

And 27th in the world. Nothing to scoff at.

Okay so this is the part I hate. I had to tweak your ratings a bit. They were about, on average, 5.2 points higher than FIFA 12's (check 'em out here: http://sofifa.com/en/player/active). So I just dropped five points off every player except for Dzeko and Medunjanin, which I just kept their FIFA 12 ratings at 83 and 81, respectively. Also I had to even up the minutes played for each player to total 990 (11 players * 90 minutes). This is what I ended up with:

78 - Begovic (GK) 90 mins
    76 - Mujdza (RB) 80 mins
    74.5 - Zukanovic (CB) 80 mins
    78.5 - Spahic (CB) 90 mins
    72 - Kvesic (LB) 75 mins
    73.5 - Hadzic (CM) 80 mins
    77 - Salihovic (CM) 70 mins
    71.5 - Stevanovic (RW) 70 mins
    78 - Pjanic (CAM) 80 mins
    77.5 - Lulic (LW) 85 mins
    80 - Dzeko (ST) 85 mins

70 - Vranjes (RB) 5 mins
    68.5 - Pandza (CB) 20 mins
    69 - Cocalic (CB) 20 mins
    71.5 - Papac (LB) 5 mins
    70 - Besic (CDM) 15 mins
    72 - Medunjanin (CM) 10 mins
    76.5 - Ibisevic (RW) 10 mins
    81 - Misimovic (CAM) 5 mins
    71 - Visca (LW) 10 mins
    68 - Djuric (ST) 5 mins

Any corrections to be made? Still open to suggestions!

11. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    I got a little overboard with my ratings, sorry. :D

I'd say those are about right but I would just put Mujdza at 78, Pandza at 70, Dzeko at 82, Papac at 73.5, Salihovic at 79, and Pjanic at 79.5 as the only changes. Good work though man, glad I could help.

12. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    This breaks my heart every time

13. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm done watching that shit.

14. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Why did Susic have to go defensive in the 2nd half?

And why did Nasri have to act like such a bitch?

15. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What would you do?

16. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Not meddle with the winning formula and continue playing up the pitch.

When you start defending, you concede chances.

That Spahic Nasri tackle would've happened far from the box if we played up the pitch.

17. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dude they didnt have the stamina for it despite Susic

18. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i gotta find my facebook status + friend convo when we made that goal. i called that something fncked up would happen as platini would need france to go through.

19. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Insane props for Respekt.

That's the exact same line-up I had in my head for the qualifiers.

Spot on with individual players as well.

A 16/17 yr old knows more than our NT coach. ********ing depressing.

soccersubjectively and Respekt repped this.
  20. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I shouldn't have brought up the France game. My bad.

Yeah now if I could just get a 16 year old in every country to help me out I'd be great.

21. soccersubjectively

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^not what that sounds like.

22. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lolllllll

23. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  24. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    its ok. we know why you are here. hahaha.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  25. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011