Borussia Dortmund 2018-19 Season General Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Jul 12, 2018.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This week, the investigative series reveals:

• that FC Bayern Munich checked whether and how it could leave the Bundesliga to join a European "Super League;"
    • that FC Bayern explored its legal options for withdrawing its players from the German national team;
    • that Rummenigge's closest confidante negotiated a reform with the football association UEFA, which has made rich clubs even richer and competition in Europe even more unfair;
    • that at the same time, the Bavarians made plans to reverse this very reform;
    • that Bayern Munich, together with 15 other leading European clubs, appears on a draft of a "binding term sheet," which foresees the creation of a European Super League;
    • and that this term sheet, according to a draft, is intended to be signed in November 2018.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So I guess Rumminege is going to prison for about 18 months and Bayern will have another crook at its helm. How fitting. FC Bayern Munich .... I mean Full of Crooks Bayern Munich.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayern Munich is a criminal organization where football is a front. So taxi driving dipshits small timers can hang off of them for kicks.

And they aren't alone.
    Thousands of pages of Football Leaks documents prove:

• ManCity and PSG systematically violated FIFA's financial fair play rules for years;
    • Infantino, as UEFA general secretary, buckled under pressure from Abu Dhabi and Qatar and allowed the clubs from Manchester and Paris to operate with virtual impunity;
    • UEFA meted out only mild punishments to the two clubs and did not expel either of them from the Champions League as it did with smaller clubs;
    • Infantino -- despite an obligation to strict neutrality -- secretly met for negotiations with club bosses from Paris and Manchester;
    • he fed internal association info to the clubs and cleared the way for "settlements," although he was not authorized to do so;
    • that he thus systematically undermined UEFA's own oversight procedures and bodies.

Scheherazade repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayerns desperate response. Kalle was likely taking a dump, had his pants around his ankles when he was reading this.

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Prison not good enough for scumbags like Hoeneß and Rummenigge. They deserve a lifetime of suffering and torture (same goes for anyone associated with the administration), and to have both the Arroganz Arena and the Olympiastadion München burnt to the ground.

TOD DEM FC BAYERN!

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    First I've heard of this. Not sure how it would work.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tone it down a bit. It's just football at the end of the day.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For you maybe. But not for him. And for Uli it'swhat pays for his mansion, fancy cars and the women he has on the side. His total assets amount to €300M. So yeah it's a little bit more than "just football".

9. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Look, I think Uli and Rumenigge are assholes. I think Bayern's operation has a number of seedy skeletons in its closets. But to come out and say that anyone and everyone associated with the organization deserves a lifetime of suffering and punishment is going way too far. It simply is. I'd appreciate a bit more restraint with the rhetoric.

chewz, kbvb, eaglespark and 1 other person repped this.
  10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  11. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Watched the first half of the U19 against Atletico Madrid in the Youth League...he started and was subbed out in the 27th minute because he was just plain bad, no way around it. Looked overmatched in that game.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Hes young.. Not everyone is going to be a Larsen, Pulisic, Sancho or future star.

Sell him if he doesnt fit our plans and frankly we didnt pay a ton for him. So it is going to be a while. Im curious to see how Reyna develops with us too. Supposed to be a better talent from the US than Pulisic was at his age..

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont know what pisses me off more. Bayern making four times as much as us for their kit deal or that Arsenal is milking more than twice as much from Puma.

1060874703714291712 is not a valid tweet id

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont know what pisses me off more. Bayern making four times as much as us for their kit deal or that Arsenal is milking more than twice as much from Puma.

1060874703714291712 is not a valid tweet id

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How the hell do the swiss understand each other? Akanji is insane.

astrophyz and MtnGardener repped this.
  16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    International break, then two very winnable matches that should come with relative ease.. then we get schalke... Getting the next 6 points is crucial.

17. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Agreed, coaching staff has to get the team back to "psychological equilibrium" after the Bayern win and the sky high emotions so that we do not go into the next two games overlooking the next two teams and staring at a Hannover-like result when we should be easily getting 6 points before Schalke.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I actually think when it comes to emotions and overconfidence, we were blessed by the international break. A lot of our players will go away and have bad results or be forced to think about how things are going for their countries. They won't be able to get carried away with the Bayern game.

The downside is the matches will be difficult due to travel, a lack of preparation and tiredness. It's important we keep up the momentum.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mainz and Freiburg are tricky fixtures. Brugge is a must win if we want to have any hope of getting into the quarter finals. I can think we will hammer S04 but its the fixtures inbetween that are going to be more difficult.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For the first time in forever, the entire squad is free of injuries and training. Marvin Hitz was absent because he is sick.

MtnGardener repped this.
  21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The bus bomber got sentenced to 14 years in prison. Seems relatively mild as the prosecution argued that it was attempted murder in 28 cases and a lifelong sentence was possible as well.

22. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This season has been going pretty well so far. The transfer activity from club management has been spot on, with Witsel and Alcacer proving to be the difference. Reus is leading the team well and becoming a role model for the youngsters in the team. The young backline gives a hope and belief to a fan like me that the future of the club looks bright. The most positive thing to have happened this season, though, is the change in mentality of the players - the belief that you can win any game if you are willing to fight for it as a team.
    With all the good things happening for us, there are some problems that should not be going unnoticed.
    *LF does not seem to have a plan for squad rotation. Players like Reus, Sancho, Witsel need rest.
    *The play on both wings needs to be consistently good to beat a top team, which we are lacking due to the inexperience of Larsen, Hakimi, Sancho. I believe Pulisic and Philipp are good players and deserve a chance on wings.
    *LF needs to utilize Guerreiro and Dahoud better as they can change the games.
    *We should not be selling off players in winter (Rode being the exception) as each player can help us to certain extent. Schmelzer, Toprak and Wolf will come in handy against midtable opponents.

23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I'm not sure I agree about not selling off players. Pulisics not going to go up in value and if anyone is willing to pay what some of these rumors are that I say sell him even though I love him

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayern are going to be spending close to 200M in transfers plus investing another 200 in salaries for the next 4 years this summer.

If we don't sell Pulisic, Rode, Toprak, Schmelzer, Toljan and get more talent to make us better then we will be stalling. I'd like to have another top player alongside Reus and Witsel. I'm not sure Paco can be that guy. Delaney sure can't. Maybe Diallo and Akanji will be but I'm not sure they'll offer more than just talent. We also need players with winning mentalities.

Furthermore, we need to keep Hakimi permanently (agent says he's interested), Guerreiro and make Sancho feel valued.

Lastly, Götze gets the Rückrunde to prove himself. Otherwise he's got to go. We can't have an expensive flop sitting around. And with Kagawa definitely gone, I would like to invest in a bonafide no. 10.

25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kai Havertz would be my dream 10.