Bortoluzzi Deathwatch

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Salvatore Giuseppe, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Baccaglini has mad his first coaching change of his fledgling Palermo career. Unfortunately, I never even made a deathwatch thread for Lopez, so we'll just have to immortalize him in this one.

His record ends at 1W, 2D, 7L. Surely among the worst records for Palermo coaches. (though De Zerbi also went 1-2-9 this year....)

In comes Diego Bortoluzzi, a frequent assistant to Guidolin, three times at Palermo, once each at Parma and Udinese and recently at Swansea (before Bob Bradley's short tenure there).

His only head coaching experience was with Treviso, who he took over for in February 2006, having coached their primavera. Treviso was in Serie A at the time. They were relegated, and he was fired not long into the Serie B season. They apparently spent basically the entire 2005-06 season in last place, only for Calciopli to emerge that summer, and move league leaders Juventus retroactively into last place.

He got 7 points in his 12 weeks there (1W, 4D, 7L). Given they got just 21 points all season (and just 3 wins), thats a slightly above season-average result. His Serie B result of 2-4-4 was not much better though.

He comes recommended by Guidolin, which is promising. If anybody knows the club and what it needs, its the man who has coached here an astounding 4 times....Although my guess is he was the guy Palermo wanted, and he turned down the opportunity for a 5th stint.

From what I gather, he has been working for the Palermo academy, but I can't find any mention of that anywhere

Here's hoping he works a miracle.