Boring commentators

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by captainofiron, Jun 25, 2007.

1. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    Wow, I had never watched a game on an English channel until a few days ago, wow, it was so freaking boring.

It was funny because it was on an English channel and Telefutura I think.

I kept switching back and forth, because the us channel was a few seconds behind.
    the difference was huge, spanish commentators were all into the game and really seemed excited, while the english commentary was dull, and they seemed like they were bored
    US Soccer commentators are about as white as you can get.

2. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    moved. Lets try to keep the NT Forum to Mexican NT specific topics.

3. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    my bad, didnt want to get flamed in another forum

4. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I was watching it in english cause my friend cant speak spanish and I couldnt stop laughing after Benny scored that goal, the commentator screamed like a girl, YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH. lol :D I had tears in my eyes, then it sunk in:(

5. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    yea its really funny, its like they said, soccer whats that, hmm lets take some golf announcers and cover this game

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    kind of ironic ... because BBC has no footy at the moment, Gary Lineker is covering .... golf .....

7. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well he'd come in useful.

He'd probably be the only guy who could actually interview Angel Cabrera after the US Open win.

8. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    ... and then you had more tears. ;)

9. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    no, it doesnt bother me at all. The better the US becomes the better we will become. We need compitition to progress and Im happy too see Honduras and Canada are developing quite nicely as well.

10. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Los de Televisa tmb son aburridos eh. García Aspe me da sueño.

11. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Los de SKY (televisa) si son de huevísima ahora con la Copa de Oro y la Copa America.

12. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    jorge campos es una basura

13. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    jaja nadie le entiende, te juro habla como mi chacha.

14. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    the goltv commentators are god awful. they're boring as heck and dont really call the game (just talk about who they think the players are and what team they play for)

telefutura por vida.

15. mexibeatle

mexibeatle New Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Diboll, TX
    The Fox Sports commentators are pretty good. I remember when Cruz Azul was in Libertadores, they gave some awesome coverage.....it was FOX sports right?

But the worst commentator in the world is definitely Andres Cantor from Telemundo. My dad has old video-recordings of the 94 world cup....his voice is more boring than the playing style was back then. I'm glad he's not in Univision anymore.

And the Univision guys make it interesting. They mess up all the time and contradict each other constantly, but they're pretty funny. And the whole "hablame Jesus" thing.....instant classic. I wanna put that on a shirt.

And Bracamonte's daughter is so fine!

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moveon.org

Bro, that's like sooo 1998. Yes white dudes are lame.

17. Capra27

Capra27 New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Viva Mexico Putos

Chiva hermano, this is outta topic, but to keep it short:

Glad to see you like chivas, but in regards to beatles, all i can say is that DYLAN is where it's at!

18. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    Yea Univision definitely has the best announcers, I useto enjoy listening to that one guy on Telemundo who would scream POOM POOM POOM GOOOOOL,

Anyways, thats the first soccer game I have seen in english they may have been doing it since 98, but its new to me

19. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Anyone saying Univision announcers are good or even sufficient have to be mildly retarded (no offense).

That or ignorant (which isn't that bad since it has nothing to do with mental ability or lack thereof).

Televisa announcers> anyone else in North America.

20. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Simón guey.

21. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Televisa owns all because of Enrique Bermudez, no one does it better.

22. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    I just like the pairing of [SIZE=-1]Pablo Ramírez and Jesús Bracamontes, some of the stuff they come up with is pretty funny. But the other team they have is soooo boring
    I dont have Televisa so I havent heard them
    [/SIZE]

23. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Those 2 are the most retarded announcers ive heard ! I wouldnt call torre de jalisco a commentating its more like a conversation with a suddenly unecessary SCREAM! :rolleyes:

and bracamontes and his ranchero accent is worthless! Im sure the only reason he is there now is because his daughter was bangin some top dog in Univision.

There is a guy who was doing the Telefutra covera of the Gold Cup I believe his name is Jesus Perez or Jorge Perez he is really really good! I like his style and the way he calls goals unlike Torre de jalisco and his recording-like Goal call. It sounds so monotone and FAKE! cant stand him and that moron bracamontes.

I actually happened to hear some of the ENGLISH goal calls by that one english commentator who went YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH ! lolx and that actually sounds alot more exciting then LAtorres' Goal , Goal , Goal, Goal. Goal fukcken repetitive crap call of a goal....

24. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    thats what I am talking about they are hilarious

25. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

You have horrible horrible taste. I wish they were less like you.