Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Can't believe there are no Bordeaux fans here that peruse these boards! Bordeaux are back where they belong fighting for a top place in the Ligue 1.

We went through our tough spells but have bounced back with the youngsters. We still aren't where we need to be but we're on the right track!

Lets get some Bordeaux fans to speak up!

2. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Re: Bordeaux Thread

HUGE win against Auxerre yesterday to stop the horrible run. The two substitutes were kept off the field too long and it almost cost two points.

Let's keep it going against Monaco!!!

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They signed some Portuguese defender from Sporting Lisbon who's supposed to be pretty good. He chose Bordeaux over Malaga of Spain.

4. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Good to hear! Alongside Jurietti, Afanou and Jemali the new boy should be able to learn a few things.

Another nail-biting win over Monaco to stay in 2nd place. Strasbourg next and a chance to concrete that 2nd place spot!

5. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Like you said, Bordeaux being the current best L1 defense.

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Yeah... Go Bordeax.... I hope that 3 of the top 4 will consist of Lyon, PSG, Bordeax, or Marseille. Don't need a crapper like Lille squeezing back into the champions league.

7. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004

deleted for reasons of redundancy.

8. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Please put [R] in thread.

Merci.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Bordeaux v. Nice in the League Cup quater finals should be a heck of a battle.

10. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Wow! Nice beat Bordeaux in extra time on a deflected shot!! What a horrible way to go down in the Quarter finals of the French Cup! I guess the silverware cabinet for Bordeaux will be empty this year....

Strasbourg on Saturday for a night game. Be good to put them away and get a better grip on 2nd place!

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Strasbourg are finished. Bordeaux should win this one.

12. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Strasbourg put up a fight and Bordeaux were lucky to escape with a win, thanks to Faubert's injury time header. 2-1 and another three points. If Auxerre get buried by Lyon then that's four points clear for Bordeaux and 2nd place.

Beto from Sporting Lisbon signed for Bordeaux as the Defensive reinforcements keep coming. Be good to get some experience to go with the young kids. Hope some attacking reinforcements are in the works for Ricardo. The defense looks impregnable, but the attack needs a bit more bite....

13. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Beto according to Ricardo, Girondins Coach, has come for the future and the next season. He's not here to "save" the defense, Bordeaux defense is currently the best in L1.

But it's true we may need someone to improve our attack and to score more goal than atm. But i hope Chamkh will be back from the CAN with his level of last past seasons.

14. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

I'll try to make this post alive and post news about les Girondins as much as i can share some with you.

A couple of days ago, in a Eydelie's revelation related discussion on a french radio, Tapie (ex-Marseille president) said Psg-Bordeaux '99 which gave the title to Bordeaux was a corrupt game. Bordeaux scored on the last 5 minutes wining the championship by 1 or 2 points ahead OM. As a consequence Girondins' managers may begin a grievance procedure against Tapie. We'll know more about that in the next few days.

About Mercato, nothing serious has happened since Beto signed. Some say Monaco is interrested by Planus. But in my opinion Planus won't leave Bordeaux soon.
    Ex-Girondins Bruno Basto was recruited by Saint-etienne. What the hell are they doing with such a bad player or fickle to be kind. :eek:

Next match, Saturday 5pm in Chaban-Delmas (Bordeaux stadium), playing Lens. Seems to be hard even if some lens players play in the ANC at the moment.

15. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

That PSG bordeaux game was great. Bordeaux scoring via a then unknown Pascal Feinduno scoring in stoppage time after a great equalizer by Adailton of PSG. That game was pure intensity, Tapie is being ridiculous. What a great year that was 98-99. Great soccer.

16. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Feindouno was unknown and 17 ! It was such a great match. Need to feel it again. :)

17. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Yes. Marseille was wrapping up a victory against Nantes in Nantes, and Bordeaux had to get all 3 points. That was a great 2 team race all year. That same year, Marseille had made it to the Uefa Cup final against Parma.

18. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Bordeaux did it again. Wasn't pretty but a result was had. Laslandes with the penalty, which is probably all he did all night, was the only score.

I hope Chamakh comes home from the Cup of Nations in form, as I hate seeing Laslandes run out there as a starter...

The league's best defense will be put to the ultimate test as Bordeaux's next match is away at Lyon...we tied them when they visited back in September, but getting a result away from home will be tough. Even at a record of 4 wins, 6 draws and 2 losses away from Parc Lescure, Lyon will be a tough nut to crack.

19. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

How is the negotiation with Sienna going? I believe Ricardo wants to make Fernando's contract permanent.

20. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Nothing new. I haven't seen anything for 2 weeks about his contract. I really hope we'll find an agreement. This guy is a jewel. And he seems to be happy at Bordeaux, he may make his parents to come in Bordeaux next year. :D

Last saturday, we won vs Lens. Not a pretty match to watch but we won. That's the main thing for me. And i'd even say i'm glad because Lens didn't scored and didn't have any opportunity of scoring with the ball all the time. In fact, they had 2 opportunity in the entire match which one is due to Rame. So satisfied, Bordeaux has to accept itself now, assuming their defensive kind of game. But in France it sounds like an offense.
    I wait for the next match vs Lyon. I'm optimistic but i'm too often otpimistic so...

About Mercato, Kluivert would be approached but would have refused the Bordeaux's proposition. And we hear more and more about Kapo from ASM (belongs to Juventus). Guidollin doesn't want him anymore in his team and he wants to play the WC06 so he needs time for playing. He said Bordeaux and PSG were interrested in him and his choice won't be about money but in his plan of playing WC06. Wait and see tommorow. :)

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I would keep Kapo because they arent a deep team but he must go if the manager doesnt have plans for him.

22. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Bordeaux has just defeated 2-1 the ESSG (Entente Sannois Saint-Gratien, team from Paris area in 3rd division ) in the French Cup. Pierre Planus, Marc Planus' brother play in this team as many ex-girondins.
    ESSG scored first, then thanks to Beto who scored 2 goals Bordeaux won that match.

Pic of Beto (yep, shirts are different for cup matches) :

[​IMG]

23. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

What a debut! :eek:

24. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

We've found our new striker. :D

25. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Wherever the goals come from, I'm fine with it!

Let's just hope Beto can perform as well against Lyon!